Which car maker next for B&O car audio?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 25 Replies | 2 Followers

Simonbeo
Top 75 Contributor
1,451 Posts
Bronze Member
Simonbeo posted on Fri, Apr 3 2015 9:28 AM

With the new capacity from HC there has got to be a new company after the upgrade on their price lists ?

B&O or Beoplay...

Beo Century ,Beoplay V1, Beocenter 6, Ex-Beolit 12, Beotime , A8. Beolit 15 , Form 2i , Beolab 2000, Beoplay A3.Beosound 1

All Replies

Paul W
Top 50 Contributor
London
1,810 Posts
Bronze Member

Don't forget Harman own MANY MANY top quality car system brands Infinity and JBL being just two, and they are marketed just as much as Harman, it's a huge portfolio aimed at different countries and customers. For instance in the USA, the FIAT 500 is offered with a Beats sound system, in Europe it's Interscope. But it could work out great, for example, if a buyer is impressed with their B&O PLAY system in their new urban accessory runaround, then they may pop into a Selfridges/John Lewis style emporium and buy a B&O PLAY for their bijou apartment. 

It's an exciting market and certainly when I used to drive a lot, it was my FAVOURITE place by far to listen to music - most definitely!

Simonbeo
Top 75 Contributor
1,451 Posts
Bronze Member

Paul W:

Don't forget Harman own MANY MANY top quality car system brands Infinity and JBL being just two, and they are marketed just as much as Harman, it's a huge portfolio aimed at different countries and customers. For instance in the USA, the FIAT 500 is offered with a Beats sound system, in Europe it's Interscope. But it could work out great, for example, if a buyer is impressed with their B&O PLAY system in their new urban accessory runaround, then they may pop into a Selfridges/John Lewis style emporium and buy a B&O PLAY for their bijou apartment. 

It's an exciting market and certainly when I used to drive a lot, it was my FAVOURITE place by far to listen to music - most definitely!

Theres a Beats edition Fiat 500L in Europe too http://www.fiat.co.uk/promotions/promo-500L-beats-edition

it was at Geneva show and in the UK showrooms complete with the badges on the exterior to show off about it 

Beo Century ,Beoplay V1, Beocenter 6, Ex-Beolit 12, Beotime , A8. Beolit 15 , Form 2i , Beolab 2000, Beoplay A3.Beosound 1

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,554 Posts
Gold Member
f5434964:

Range Rover - already has HC Logic x as option and would be the best next step to let business grow...

Agreed

Those premium car makers who already install with HK could easily have B&O Play swapped over and if they want something further another option for a full on Bang & Olufsen system
Paul W
Top 50 Contributor
London
1,810 Posts
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Fri, Apr 3 2015 10:09 PM

Yes, that's the 500L i'm talking the tiny little popular 500 Simon. 

Paul W
Top 50 Contributor
London
1,810 Posts
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Fri, Apr 3 2015 10:17 PM

Indeed Aussie Michael and BMW offer Harman Kardon with say the 3 series. But as I said before, my Harman in the MINI sounded ALOT nicer for my dance & RNB music tastes than the new BANG&OLUFSEN system in the A3 which I currently have. The MINI had far clearer, better bass and treble, a nice top end whereas the Audi is more mid range sounding like an  'old man's sound system' in sound. It reminds me of my Grandad's old BANG&OLUFSEN sound system when I was a child. Maybe the B&O sound isn't alive enough for my tastes. Remember how much I truly hate the CENTURY for instance. It's damn horrible. It's drab to be honest whereas the Harman sounded really alive and involving. It really made me want to play my music all of the time. 

So in conclusion, Harman will be truly wonderful for the B&O franchise! So please everyone, stop worrying and go and do something wonderful instead :)

Simonbeo
Top 75 Contributor
1,451 Posts
Bronze Member

Paul W:

Yes, that's the 500L i'm talking the tiny little popular 500 Simon. 

The 500 is produced in Poland for Europe but the US sources theirs from Mexico so it gives them a chance to change the content but all 500Ls are made where Zastava (Yugos) were done!

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,554 Posts
Gold Member
Paul W:

Indeed Aussie Michael and BMW offer Harman Kardon with say the 3 series. But as I said before, my Harman in the MINI sounded ALOT nicer for my dance & RNB music tastes than the new BANG&OLUFSEN system in the A3 which I currently have. The MINI had far clearer, better bass and treble, a nice top end whereas the Audi is more mid range sounding like an 'old man's sound system' in sound. It reminds me of my Grandad's old BANG&OLUFSEN sound system when I was a child. Maybe the B&O sound isn't alive enough for my tastes. Remember how much I truly hate the CENTURY for instance. It's damn horrible. It's drab to be honest whereas the Harman sounded really alive and involving. It really made me want to play my music all of the time.

So in conclusion, Harman will be truly wonderful for the B&O franchise! So please everyone, stop worrying and go and do something wonderful instead :)

Yes but don't forget your ears pick up different sounds now you're older. I had the HK in my MB C Coupe and it was the one with pro logic and it sounded great. I've also had the benefit of hearing the B&O system the one that is $16,000 here in Oz and the B&O sounded better. I couldn't justify that much for a sound system in a car but wow it was stellar. I suppose it's due to the different interiors of the cars.

But either way it would be nice to see B&O back in Mercedes in HK can manage it.

I'm just back from being at the surf beach.... Now where's my A2. 😄
StUrrock
Top 100 Contributor
994 Posts
Bronze Member
Tue and his apparently incompetent crew have saved their bacon for now.

Harman are no mugs B&O means nothing to them other than ££££, it's business and we can't blame them for that.
Jonathan
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, Australia
1,807 Posts
Bronze Member

The obvious match for B&O Play would have to be cars like the Fiat 500, Mini or VW Beetle. I would like to see it more widely available.

There's no reason why a Hyundai Genisis couldn't have Bang & Olufsen, it's the car they pitch to compete with BMW, Mercedes and Audi.

x:________________________

Mark
Top 100 Contributor
London
1,063 Posts
Bronze Member
Mark replied on Sat, Apr 4 2015 2:00 PM
just saying ....

we tend to forget there is more to design than designing.

Simonbeo
Top 75 Contributor
1,451 Posts
Bronze Member

Mark:
just saying ....

There are two meanings here. The Beta HiFi was created by Tickford to empty fields of Beta Coupes with discoloured alloys and need for a general refurb at a time before standard fit radio cassettes . The Lancia HiFi club however was for the clients of the highest brand fidelity who were offered Lancia cars at the best spec and detail in the pre-Marchionne era of Fiat . Very sad difference . 

Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL