This post has 863 Replies | 16 Followers

Beroli
Top 200 Contributor
Germany
Posts 315
Bronze Member
Beroli replied on Wed, Oct 7 2015 2:36 PM

Hi Chris,

you just gave me a familiar hint. I had the same behavior - I wrote about that on page 14. I marked the interesting part for you. 

"My BeoSound Moment don´t shows the content of my MacMini (Late 2014) running with twonky after some days -out of the blue. Do I have to do a complete factory reset?

This issue is a apple issue. Since the latest intel-haswell-version, the MacMini won´t work proper with some TV´s or Display. The Mac Mini don´t recognize the Display anymore after it is switched off or it went into the suspend/Sleeping mode) one of these Displays is my BeoVision 8-40. After  a day or more (it differs), the mac wont display anything. he is still up and running, I could connect via VNC, but the BeoVision stays dark. This wake-up/Sleep Display issue is already addressed to Apple since they announced the new (and not improved) MacMini - but Apple did not solved the problem yet. 

But still, if you can´t/don´t want to move the new macMini, there is no complete factory reset on the BeoSound Moment necessary. Just do a restart on your MacMini, Wait until the twonky-Server finished his processing - then do a PIN-reset on the Jukebox and the Soundheart and you will see the content of your Macmini again.

This issue is known for the latest MacMini. If you experience the same issue on a older version of the MacMini, you will have to update your firmware. Apple had the same trouble years ago. They needed 2 years to provide a new firmware to solve some display-issues. "

I tried anything, changing the HDMI-Cabel, the Gefen-HDMI-switch, Different HDMI-inputs  I changed the Power-settings, nothing worked. When I switched off the BV sometimes the macmini won't woke up. 

Finally!

"I had to move the MacMini away from the BV-8 to a LG TV in the guest-room. Since then the Macmini is working perfect. Wake-up as it should be - and stays connected to the Beosound Moment in the same network. If you don´t have a BV 8 or a different Display/Screen, this issue will have no impact on you."

Maybe some of this is of any help for you. 

Cheers Beroli

Beroli
Top 200 Contributor
Germany
Posts 315
Bronze Member
Beroli replied on Wed, Oct 7 2015 2:46 PM

Chris:

I'm using the V1 as a monitor. I will look to change thing and setup the Mini as a headless server without display.

This is a good idea. I read about it in the apple-forum and tried to setup the new macmini as a headless server too - but it never worked. Maybe it will work with the older, much better version - like your macmini. 

But at first I would just connect it to a different display and see what is happen then.

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
Posts 1,714
Gold Member
mbolo01 replied on Wed, Oct 7 2015 7:18 PM
Chris:

Hi Mbolo01

I formulated my question wrong. I meant how do you add new content to the Moment if you want an immediate listen to it.

Hi Chris - I think I've used the force refresh successfully in the past but I was not satisfied by the response time or the lack of visibility on the progress, I can't remember reason why i wrote about behavior.

I have started the rebuilt of my library Monday evening (French time) post Moment update and with only DLNA configured for content as I have big trouble with the Moodwheel.

The rebuilt is still in progress after 48h but once it is over I'll test adding new content and force refresh in a DLNA context only, we will see ....

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,169
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Wed, Oct 7 2015 8:44 PM

Beroli:
Maybe some of this is of any help for you. 

Hi Beroli

It makes me smile were on the same road. The update for the late 2012 mini is now integrated in El Capitan. I just ordered an headless emulator on Ebay for a little price, http://www.benl.ebay.be/itm/HDMI-dummy-plug-4K-DDC-EDID-emulator-fake-display-headless-digital-/161265341755 Lets see what this thing does.

I suspect also still some drops in the network connection, will try some other switches here. Although the Windows Server 2008 was really lightning fast in serving the files to the Moment, and it uses the same switches. Ok, I dig deeper....

I really enjoy that little *** of a Moment, I will get it on the knees Big Smile It really brings fun and off course some nice music to. 

"Believe nothing you read and only half of what you see, let your ears tell you the truth."

Beroli
Top 200 Contributor
Germany
Posts 315
Bronze Member
Beroli replied on Thu, Oct 8 2015 7:19 AM

Chris:

Hi Beroli

It makes me smile were on the same road. The update for the late 2012 mini is now integrated in El Capitan. I just ordered an headless emulator on Ebay for a little price, http://www.benl.ebay.be/itm/HDMI-dummy-plug-4K-DDC-EDID-emulator-fake-display-headless-digital-/161265341755 Lets see what this thing does.

I suspect also still some drops in the network connection, will try some other switches here. Although the Windows Server 2008 was really lightning fast in serving the files to the Moment, and it uses the same switches. Ok, I dig deeper....

I really enjoy that little *** of a Moment, I will get it on the knees Big Smile It really brings fun and off course some nice music to. 

Hi Chris,

this is a very interesting device. Can´t wait for your feedback. As I wrote before, I bought the mac mini solely for the purpose to serve the Moment - but since the device was connected to the BV 8-40 in the same room as the BS-Moment, I thought it would be nice to use the macmini as a Media-Player for the TV as well. Unfortunately it did not work. Sometimes the Mac mini 2014 does not recognized that the TV is turned on - even if any Powersaving-options are deactived. Apple somehow programmed a display-interface that interacts poorly with the network/Server protocols. Maybe on purpose, to support the sales of content from the iTunes-Store integrated in the AppleTV. Until today this bug is not fixed. https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6627963?start=240&tstart=0 . The crazy thing is, that the macmini shows explicit the "BeoVision" as a Monitor in the settings. The Server-cut-offs to the Moment happened randomly with different time-delays. Sometimes the TV showed a picture and sometimes after days, the Display stayed dark and the Moment glitched. It took me a while to find out who is to blame, when the Twonky-Server has gone away.

Therefore I had no choice to move the macmini to the LG-TV in the guest-room. Since then everything is fine.

Even if it sounds like a sacrilege, maybe I should try to install windows 10 on the macmini Devil 

- but I am to afraid about the time I have to invest until i know this will (not) work.

Cheers

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
Posts 1,714
Gold Member
mbolo01 replied on Thu, Oct 8 2015 8:22 PM
Chris:

Thats why I mentioned the button does not work. You can off course wait till the next day, but that's not the meaning of this button. it is specifically positioned in the menu so that you'r able to have an immediate listen.

Chris - as promised i did a force refresh test.

I added an album of a new artist to my DLNA library leveraging iTunes

I checked on the Twonky console that the tracks had been processed

I forced content refresh on the Moment

I could see the spinning wheel and a message confirming that the operation was complete (I don't remember since when the spinning wheel exists)

I checked first on BeoMusic app and the new album was there

After a short time (2-3 minutes) the artist was shown on the JukeBox

So for me it works as expected.

Cheers

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

Flere
Top 200 Contributor
Netherlands
Posts 337
Bronze Member
Flere replied on Thu, Oct 8 2015 8:35 PM
Beroli:

Sometimes the Mac mini 2014 does not recognized that the TV is turned on - even if any Powersaving-options are deactived. Apple somehow programmed a display-interface that interacts poorly with the network/Server protocols. Maybe on purpose, to support the sales of content from the iTunes-Store integrated in the AppleTV. Until today this bug is not fixed.

A possible fix is to use a device which simulates the TV on the HDMI interface such that the Mac thinks the TV is always on.

For instance the Doctor HDMI. Just google for it.

I have used this successfully in the past to connect my MacMini to my BV10 and it solved the problem.

Cheers

- Flere

- Flere

smile and enjoy the moment

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,169
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Fri, Oct 9 2015 9:38 AM

mbolo01:
I could see the spinning wheel and a message confirming that the operation was complete (I don't remember since when the spinning wheel exists)

I checked first on BeoMusic app and the new album was there

After a short time (2-3 minutes) the artist was shown on the JukeBox

Hi Mbolo01

Thank you for your experience. Maybe I expect to much, to soon and I missed it. Or it could be a server-cut-off on the Mac mini.

But did you, after the 'content refresh' also notice the message in the 'about' menu that the Moment is actually looking for new content. If I push 'content refresh', the screen tells you to look at the 'about' menu that something is happening but with my Moment it stays black. This message appears when I press 'refresh database'.

Automatic database refreshing after a day waiting works absolutely fine, new music is appearing correctly.

Flere:
A possible fix is to use a device which simulates the TV on the HDMI interface such that the Mac thinks the TV is always on. 

For instance the Doctor HDMI. Just google for it. 

I have used this successfully in the past to connect my MacMini to my BV10 and it solved the problem.

Hi Fiere

I ordered a little HDMI emulator from Ebay (15 euro) and will test this first on the Mac mini when it arrives. Thank you for the interesting link for the Dr. HDMI device, it looks promising and its off course a device with a lot more possibilities. I keep it in mind.

I connected yesterday a USB mouse to the headless mini, remembering my days with headless Linux when some motherboards had difficulties coming out of sleep without a mouse connected. Its just a try before the Ebay emulator arrives.

I tried as a test to load the Moments database from my Windows Server 2008 R2, and was so surprised to see how quick, fast and flawless this process happened. Doing this test made everything much clearer that the Mac mini was the bottleneck in the read-out of the database to the Moment.

"Believe nothing you read and only half of what you see, let your ears tell you the truth."

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
Posts 1,714
Gold Member
mbolo01 replied on Fri, Oct 9 2015 12:00 PM
Chris:

But did you, after the 'content refresh' also notice the message in the 'about' menu that the Moment is actually looking for new content. If I push 'content refresh', the screen tells you to look at the 'about' menu that something is happening but with my Moment it stays black. This message appears when I press 'refresh database'.

Automatic database refreshing after a day waiting works absolutely fine, new music is appearing correctly.

Chris - you are correct, I have not seen any message in the About section during the refresh like during database reset.

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,169
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Tue, Oct 13 2015 2:09 PM

Running a Mac mini headless as Twonky music server for the Moment isn't so easy as it thought to be.

I had enormous problems in creating a new database on the Moment. Tried all versions of Twonky server from 7.2.7 to the latest 8.1.2 on the Mac, nothing really worked as fluid as it should be. And with every version I tried, rebuild of the database is crashing and freezing on the Moment, wasn’t complete or their was no input at all from the headless machine.

If the Moment suddenly out of nothing was able to build a database after several attempts and intensive use of a paperclip, listening to my own music wasn’t also fluid. Playlist would not start, just playing the first track and stops, music being interrupted in the middle of a track… A to long list.

When ever possible I have hard-wired connectivity to my devices. Ethernet is alive and well in my home, and it will continue to be. Another thorough review of the home network settings brought nothing, the home network infrastructure was as streamlined as it could be.

Then I decided to give Twonky server another try and install it on a new OS, my Windows server 2008 R2 machine. I was astonished, the database was build up on the Moment surprisingly flawless and the Moment was loaded with my albums and playlists in no time.
This occurrence discovered more or less by chance, leads my suspicion to the Mac mini and gained more trust in the Moment player itself.
Before I never suspected the Mac mini and was looking back every time to the Moment, reading so many comments on Beoworld from users who had problems connecting their Moment to a NAS or server… I took it for granted my problems where in the same order and the server software.

The Mac mini was connected by HDMI to the B&O V1 television as a decent display. I was supposing EDID information worked fine with the B&O V1 television and it would act as a display without limitations. Not so.
Mr. Beroli had also problems in keeping a connection with a BV 8-40 to his Mac, it makes me to have a deeper look.
When searching for the cause I remembered my days in using Linux servers on different machines where I had to manually create a virtual display in order to make the X server start. Perhaps something equal would count also for the Mac mini’s OS X.
I noticed that when no monitor is detected, Mac OS X disables Open GL and there is no way to prevent that. As some software require Open GL to be active, having Open GL deactivated can lead to some issues, strangely in this case it looks Twonky is included to this type of software.

Mr. Fiere recommended doctor HDMI to replace my B&O V1 display connected to the Mac mini’s HDMI connector. its a wonderful EDID spoofer to solve most HDMI issues, you could use dr. HDMI in a variety of cases. I opted for a more simple EDID emulator found on EBAY, costing me only 15 euro’s to plug in the HDMI output of the Mac mini.

The general idea goes around the idea of EDID emulation. If your Mac receives an EDID info from one of its connectors, it will think that there is a monitor connected there.

This little emulator is doing his job very well now, as it looks on this screen picture taken of the Mac mini, and best of all… Music starts fine without interruption and keeps playing, Twonky server stays online. In making a remote connection to the mini with Apple’s Remote Desktop the sometimes blurred effect is also disappeared.

Have I now brought the ultimate solution that removes in one movement all problems to the Moment feeding it with your own music. NO, all cases are different.
You can’t compare one setup to another and my only goal was giving an example how I made a headless Mac mini usable without a monitor connected. It could be that another type of Mac mini gives you a complete other result in setting it up as a headless server. Using a NAS as music server will also be different. And if you all get this right, problems with your home network can also occur.

Before I bought the Moment, I used the same Mac mini with iTunes and Amarra Symphony or Audirvana + extension to listen to music, and never had any problems in using this setup with the B&O V1 connected.
So it was the last of my thinking that their could be a monitor problem, the strange behaviour of the mini only started in using the Moment with Twonky server in use.
It is so unfortunate that B&O itself and the dealers let so little information flow, the same counts for PacketVideo/Lynx with Twonky. There is no deep insight or help for a correct use of the Moment, just a flyer included. A bit more to find in some Faq’s on their website.
Luckily we have Beoworld to learn and help each other. Thank you Beroli, Fiere and all of you.

Hanschristian
Not Ranked
Posts 23
Bronze Member

Thank you for all the great information

Hanschristian
Not Ranked
Posts 23
Bronze Member

Thank you for all the great information

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,534
Bronze Member

I wonder if you could use a PS4 (or a PS3) in the same way as others are using the macmini

I have a PS4 and it's attached to my avant 

Erwin Nieuweweme
Not Ranked
Netherlands
Posts 18
Bronze Member

Dear All

I also have the BeoSound Moment and experience the slowly ness from the Jukebox: regarding covers, total GUI not responsive, volume controls delayed etc. I my search how to solve I found out no matter what I do (tried all possible swapped WIFI and even build an access point within 1 meter from the moment) that ping results from the Jukebox are relay bad see just a few below:

PING 192.168.1.55 (192.168.1.55): 56 data bytes

64 bytes from 192.168.1.55: icmp_seq=0 ttl=64 time=285.393 ms

64 bytes from 192.168.1.55: icmp_seq=1 ttl=64 time=203.110 ms

64 bytes from 192.168.1.55: icmp_seq=2 ttl=64 time=134.412 ms

64 bytes from 192.168.1.55: icmp_seq=3 ttl=64 time=353.057 ms

64 bytes from 192.168.1.55: icmp_seq=4 ttl=64 time=280.083 ms

64 bytes from 192.168.1.55: icmp_seq=5 ttl=64 time=1.619 ms

64 bytes from 192.168.1.55: icmp_seq=6 ttl=64 time=114.676 ms

64 bytes from 192.168.1.55: icmp_seq=7 ttl=64 time=35.494 ms

64 bytes from 192.168.1.55: icmp_seq=8 ttl=64 time=267.982 ms

64 bytes from 192.168.1.55: icmp_seq=9 ttl=64 time=186.677 ms

64 bytes from 192.168.1.55: icmp_seq=10 ttl=64 time=106.312 ms

64 bytes from 192.168.1.55: icmp_seq=11 ttl=64 time=27.967 ms

64 bytes from 192.168.1.55: icmp_seq=12 ttl=64 time=255.274 ms

64 bytes from 192.168.1.55: icmp_seq=13 ttl=64 time=175.714 ms

64 bytes from 192.168.1.55: icmp_seq=14 ttl=64 time=95.245 ms

64 bytes from 192.168.1.55: icmp_seq=15 ttl=64 time=16.844 ms

64 bytes from 192.168.1.55: icmp_seq=16 ttl=64 time=6.394 ms

64 bytes from 192.168.1.55: icmp_seq=17 ttl=64 time=165.415 ms

64 bytes from 192.168.1.55: icmp_seq=18 ttl=64 time=93.959 ms

0 0 1 192 1098 100%HILDE 9 2 1288 14.0 Normal 0 false false false EN-US JA X-NONE

64 bytes from 192.168.1.55: icmp_seq=19 ttl=64 time=309.959 ms

With these ping results i don't wonder any longer all is slow given:

Theoretical network limit

rough estimation: rate < (MSS/RTT)*(C/sqrt(Loss)) [ C=1 ] (based on the Mathis et.al. formula)

network limit (MSS 1460 byte, RTT: 200.0 ms, Loss: 10-08 (10-06%)) : 584.00 Mbit/sec.

Bandwidth-delay Product and buffer size

BDP (65 Mbit/sec, 200.0 ms) = 1.62 MByte 

required tcp buffer to reach 65 Mbps with RTT of 200.0 ms >= 1586.9 KByte 

0 0 1 71 407 100%HILDE 3 1 477 14.0 Normal 0 false false false EN-US JA X-NONE

maximum throughput with a TCP window of 64 KByte and RTT of 200.0 ms <= 2.62 Mbit/sec.

Which means on a wifi b/g/n network connected at 65Mbit/sec and 200ms latency you can have 2,62Mbit/s ore 0,3275MB which is really bad

Could others please also see what there ping results to the Jukebox are doing ore do I have a bad unit?

Kind Regards,

Erwin

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
Posts 1,714
Gold Member
mbolo01 replied on Fri, Oct 23 2015 10:22 PM
erwinnw:

Could others please also see what there ping results to the Jukebox are doing ore do I have a bad unit?

Kind Regards,

Erwin

Erwinnw - You don't have a bad unit, Jukeboxes are really bad, inconsistent behavior including ping responses. BeoCare had my device replaced and the new behaves the same as the first one I got. Look at my other posts and you may find symptoms you see with yours. I'm discovering new issues each time I use it Sad

koning
Top 25 Contributor
holland
Posts 4,203
Bronze Member
koning replied on Sat, Oct 24 2015 12:57 AM

Are you still happy with your Moment?

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,102
Bronze Member
Carolpa replied on Sat, Oct 24 2015 5:16 AM

mbolo01:
erwinnw:

Kind Regards,

Erwin

Erwinnw - You don't have a bad unit, Jukeboxes are really bad, inconsistent behavior including ping responses. BeoCare had my device replaced and the new behaves the same as the first one I got. Look at my other posts and you may find symptoms you see with yours. I'm discovering new issues each time I use it Sad

Pinging 192.168.1.109 with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 192.168.1.109: bytes=32 time=325ms TTL=64

Reply from 192.168.1.109: bytes=32 time=726ms TTL=64

Reply from 192.168.1.109: bytes=32 time=3ms TTL=64

Reply from 192.168.1.109: bytes=32 time=63ms TTL=64

Ping statistics for 192.168.1.109:

Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),

Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:

Minimum = 3ms, Maximum = 726ms, Average = 279ms

Just pinged it out of curiousity....... see the results above

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,169
Bronze Member

Hi Erwin

You can not rely any problems within the ping results you added. 

I suppose you used Mac OsX terminal to ping, with this command: Ping <Target IP Address or Target IP Host Name> 

Windows will, by default, generate the echo request four times and then summarize results. Mac OsX runs continually by default. By adding the -c 4 option, you can make a ping under OsX behave as it would under Windows and run four times. So enter  the following command: Ping –c 4 <Target IP Address or Target IP Host Name> and then hit return.

After displaying the detailed results, you will be shown a summary, which is what we really care about. I show you an example of ping results to my Moment. The Soundheart uses the address 192.168.1.7 and the Jukebox 192.168.1.8. Take notice that the Soundheart is hard-wired to the network.

I’m trying now not to be very technical in my explanation and keep it informal.

The most important is packet loss, you want that number always to be zero. If it isn’t then either your network is undergoing a momentary and severe stress, or it is engineered incorrectly. If “loss” is non-zero, you are probably already noticed problems before with the Moment . Non-zero loss always requires further monitoring and likely action.

The goal is to have consistently low latency on a network, and ping will tell you how long it took for each echo to traverse the network i.e., make the round trip. The statistics in the summary will show how consistent the latency is. If you start seeing large swings in the ping response time, that is not good. That variation in latency is known as jitter. Could this be of any problem to the Moment, no, but it could be for latency-sensitive, real-time applications like VOIP. Temporary fluctuations in round-trip time can also just indicate a busy, in my case wireless network.

Erwin Nieuweweme
Not Ranked
Netherlands
Posts 18
Bronze Member

Hi Chris,

I am aware how to ping on a Mac, I always use sudo ping -i .1 where .1 stands for 100ms which is the best for the Moment. For Mac Gear .2 is a better fit. My Home network is setup with enterprise equipment using v-lans and internal dns and has no issues at all.

After the Jukebox was reset with the paperclip methode (again )the ping results are a way better, see below:

64 bytes from 192.168.1.55: icmp_seq=237 ttl=64 time=4.353 ms

64 bytes from 192.168.1.55: icmp_seq=238 ttl=64 time=2.216 ms

64 bytes from 192.168.1.55: icmp_seq=239 ttl=64 time=2.541 ms

64 bytes from 192.168.1.55: icmp_seq=240 ttl=64 time=2.260 ms

64 bytes from 192.168.1.55: icmp_seq=241 ttl=64 time=2.445 ms

64 bytes from 192.168.1.55: icmp_seq=242 ttl=64 time=2.209 ms

64 bytes from 192.168.1.55: icmp_seq=243 ttl=64 time=2.810 ms

64 bytes from 192.168.1.55: icmp_seq=244 ttl=64 time=9.035 ms

64 bytes from 192.168.1.55: icmp_seq=245 ttl=64 time=5.432 ms

64 bytes from 192.168.1.55: icmp_seq=246 ttl=64 time=2.872 ms

64 bytes from 192.168.1.55: icmp_seq=247 ttl=64 time=2.136 ms

64 bytes from 192.168.1.55: icmp_seq=248 ttl=64 time=2.272 ms

64 bytes from 192.168.1.55: icmp_seq=249 ttl=64 time=2.701 ms

64 bytes from 192.168.1.55: icmp_seq=250 ttl=64 time=2.204 ms

64 bytes from 192.168.1.55: icmp_seq=251 ttl=64 time=4.474 ms

64 bytes from 192.168.1.55: icmp_seq=252 ttl=64 time=18.424 ms

^C

--- 192.168.1.55 ping statistics ---

253 packets transmitted, 253 packets received, 0.0% packet loss

round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 2.020/7.454/116.897/24.684 ms

And to show the results to other gear on the network (to machine on WIFI 5Ghz):

64 bytes from 192.168.1.10: icmp_seq=37 ttl=64 time=1.460 ms

64 bytes from 192.168.1.10: icmp_seq=38 ttl=64 time=1.674 ms

64 bytes from 192.168.1.10: icmp_seq=39 ttl=64 time=1.419 ms

64 bytes from 192.168.1.10: icmp_seq=40 ttl=64 time=1.531 ms

64 bytes from 192.168.1.10: icmp_seq=41 ttl=64 time=1.427 ms

64 bytes from 192.168.1.10: icmp_seq=42 ttl=64 time=1.504 ms

Ore to a machine on a kabel connection:

64 bytes from 192.168.1.11: icmp_seq=7 ttl=255 time=0.291 ms

64 bytes from 192.168.1.11: icmp_seq=8 ttl=255 time=0.365 ms

64 bytes from 192.168.1.11: icmp_seq=9 ttl=255 time=0.298 ms

64 bytes from 192.168.1.11: icmp_seq=10 ttl=255 time=0.295 ms

Hope you see the difference. In my opinion the wireless driver on the Jukebox has an issue which get worse as longer the Jukebox is online have seen this behaviour before on wireless products from USI (Universal Scientific Industrial where the wireless stack from the Jukebox comes from) The Soundhart has no issues on the wireless but that part comes from Texas Instruments,

Hope you are with me that the Jukebox has an issue being slow and in my opinion it could be network related. Also don't understand that Bang & Olufsen has selected the 2,4 Ghz JUNK band for their HIGH END sound system.

And of course we all know that a new product can have an issue, but meanwhile the product is on the market 9 months and I don't have the feeling the guys in Struer have the answer to all the problems the Moment is plagued with. And yes I am a real dedicated Bang & Olufsen Fan Boy since my youth but also realistic, ore maybe not, given if  this product would be from an other vendor I would have returned it already

Regards,

Erwin

dueno
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 98
Bronze Member
dueno replied on Sat, Oct 24 2015 1:28 PM

hi,

I have cut out of the music problem with my moment.

first i think it was problem with my NAS (but the soundheart is linked with cat6 to my router and my NAS too) and sometimes with deezer.

But today i use my bluray player with the line in of the moment and I have some cut out of the sound (more in action scene when there is music, explosion...lot of sound i thunk) so what is the problem, the moment entry, moment speaker out, moment sound processing or my speaker?????

have you the same issue???

thanks

Erwin Nieuweweme
Not Ranked
Netherlands
Posts 18
Bronze Member

Hi Dueno,

Your problem is different. Standard the line in port sensitivity is set on Medium for DVD or Blu-Ray you should use low. Hope that helps

Regards,

Erwin

Erwin Nieuweweme
Not Ranked
Netherlands
Posts 18
Bronze Member

Hi Dueno,

Your problem is different. Standard the line in port sensitivity is set on Medium for DVD or Blu-Ray you should use low. Hope that helps

Regards,

Erwin

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,218
Founder
elephant replied on Sun, Oct 25 2015 1:19 AM
Erwinnw and Chris -- thank you for your tips and shared data

BeoNut since '75

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,169
Bronze Member

Anybody loves Twitter here? Enjoy to receive a playlist for the Moment.

koning
Top 25 Contributor
holland
Posts 4,203
Bronze Member
koning replied on Mon, Oct 26 2015 7:40 PM

Is there anyone who asked beocare about the capless playback?

Flere
Top 200 Contributor
Netherlands
Posts 337
Bronze Member
Flere replied on Sat, Nov 7 2015 10:06 AM
I have not been following the Moment development for some time. Maybe it has been answered already.

Is it in the mean time possible to use the Moment for Album playing?

When I looked into the Moment some months ago you could not browse Albums, only Artists and Playlist.

I am mostly an Album listener.

- Flere

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
Posts 1,714
Gold Member
mbolo01 replied on Sat, Nov 7 2015 12:20 PM
Flere:

When I looked into the Moment some months ago you could not browse Albums, only Artists and Playlist.

I am mostly an Album listener.

- Flere

smile and enjoy the moment

Flere - you still can't browse albums from the Jukebox, but from the BeoMusic app you can.

Flere
Top 200 Contributor
Netherlands
Posts 337
Bronze Member
Flere replied on Sat, Nov 7 2015 1:57 PM
No Moment for me then.

Let me refrain from comments on usability.

Thanks for the answer.

- Flere

Flere
Top 200 Contributor
Netherlands
Posts 337
Bronze Member
Flere replied on Sat, Nov 7 2015 3:57 PM
Other question.

Can the Moment act as a DLNA player, so be controlled as player device in for instance the PlugPlayer app?

- Flere

HC
Not Ranked
Oslo, Norway
Posts 76
Bronze Member
HC replied on Fri, Dec 4 2015 11:17 PM

I've really tried to search for answers here - but I'm on the 7th hour of processing collection without anything but Tunein and Deezer when setting up for the first time. Does that really make sense? What do I do?

Beroli
Top 200 Contributor
Germany
Posts 315
Bronze Member
Beroli replied on Sat, Dec 5 2015 2:28 AM

Hi HC,

that is unusual. Is this a new device? Have you installed the latest update, before the first setup?

If you add Deezer to your content, the processing will start too. But usually it doesn't need hours to process Deezer. Deezer is not flawless. Sometimes they have issues as well.

1. Try to submit a log-file to B&O. This will help, if you have to get in touch with BeoCare.

Lift the back-plate. Enter "Diagnostics & Usage" then "Submit"

2. Try a pin-reset (ar. 15 seconds) with a paper-clip on booth devices (Jukebox/Tablet & the Soundheart/Base).

3. Try to log-out from Deezer. 

Lift the back-plate. Enter "Add Content" then log-out under Deezer

wait until the new processing is finished

4. Try a second factory reset

Afterwards just log-in to TuneIn, not Deezer

5. Check for a new update. Install latest update, if available.

6. Log-in in Deezer

Again, sometimes it's Deezers fault. In my case, Deezer is today very unstable in Singapore - This is one reason, why want to use my own content with the BS Moment.

Cheers Beroli

YannChris
Top 500 Contributor
Lorient - France
Posts 202
Founder

Hello Beoworlders,

My Moment will be delivered to my dealer next week.

I plan to make the installation by myself (the golden era when dealers included delivery and setup in the price paid or the product seems to be over) and miss the installation guide.

The user manual does not say anything on setup (or example how to put the Moment in option  2).

Can anyone help me?

Kind regards,

Yann.

Living Room   BV Eclipse - BS Core - BL5 - BL8000 - LC2 x2 - Beo6 

Lounge  Beolink Passive - Cabasse Clipper - Beo4      Kitchen  BL3500 - Beolink 1000

Bedroom    BV9 - BL6000 (Thks Botty) - Beotime - LC2 - Beo5

Garden Lounge   BC9000 - BG 6006 - BL4500 (Thks Botty) - Playmaker - Beolink 1000

Study    BS1 - ML/NL Converter - BL2500 - Beo4 - Form 2 (Tks Botty) - Beoplay P2

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,169
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Sat, Dec 5 2015 7:38 AM

Hi YannChris,

Here I uploaded the Moments Installation Guide https://www.dropbox.com/s/mmlzl253vd58pn6/Moment%20Installation%20Guide.pdf?dl=0

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,169
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Sat, Dec 5 2015 7:46 AM

And very instructive, the latest Beolink handbook: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vjonux7c4m7jmpy/EN-BeoLink-handbook-v1-7.pdf?dl=0

HC
Not Ranked
Oslo, Norway
Posts 76
Bronze Member
HC replied on Sat, Dec 5 2015 10:38 AM

Beroli:

Hi HC,

that is unusual. Is this a new device? Have you installed the latest update, before the first setup?

If you add Deezer to your content, the processing will start too. But usually it doesn't need hours to process Deezer. Deezer is not flawless. Sometimes they have issues as well.

1. Try to submit a log-file to B&O. This will help, if you have to get in touch with BeoCare.

Lift the back-plate. Enter "Diagnostics & Usage" then "Submit"

2. Try a pin-reset (ar. 15 seconds) with a paper-clip on booth devices (Jukebox/Tablet & the Soundheart/Base).

3. Try to log-out from Deezer. 

Lift the back-plate. Enter "Add Content" then log-out under Deezer

wait until the new processing is finished

4. Try a second factory reset

Afterwards just log-in to TuneIn, not Deezer

5. Check for a new update. Install latest update, if available.

6. Log-in in Deezer

Again, sometimes it's Deezers fault. In my case, Deezer is today very unstable in Singapore - This is one reason, why want to use my own content with the BS Moment.

Cheers Beroli

Thanks! It may seem like the problem was related to the back cover not being recognised as "on", so that the Moment was constantly in setup mode - and that the "processing collection" is actually always there.

I updated the firmware and took the cover on and off, and then it worked fine - but I still get the processing message in the setup screen if I remove the cover, without that affecting my use of the device.

HC
Not Ranked
Oslo, Norway
Posts 76
Bronze Member
HC replied on Sat, Dec 5 2015 10:42 AM

I hope this question isn`t too stupid, but is it possible to search Deezer from the Moment? My dealer showed my a search function that was not available in previous software versions, but I supposed that was an iTunes content search - I did not pay enough attention.

PeterBOBP
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 131
Bronze Member
PeterBOBP replied on Sat, Dec 5 2015 11:27 AM

HC:

I hope this question isn`t too stupid, but is it possible to search Deezer from the Moment? My dealer showed my a search function that was not available in previous software versions, but I supposed that was an iTunes content search - I did not pay enough attention.

Hi HC, 

Not at all.

You can search Deezer content on the moment with the "Discover" option/tab; you can text search artist / album / song.

You can also browse Deezer content by Genre in "Discover"; the most popular albums are shown per genre. 

Artist and genre radio from Deezer is available with the "Radio" option/tab. 

Compared to Deezers own clients (app / web client) the "Flow" feature (radio station based on your music taste) and "hear this" (suggestions from Deezer based on your music taste) are missing on the Moment. Hopefully B&O will add these in the future ("Flow" could be added to the "Playlist" option / tab and suggestions could be added to the "Discover" option / tab). 

Cheers, 

Peter

PeterBOBP
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 131
Bronze Member
PeterBOBP replied on Sat, Dec 5 2015 12:05 PM

add: you need to double tap "discover" for the keyboard to appear. 

YannChris
Top 500 Contributor
Lorient - France
Posts 202
Founder

Chris:

Hi YannChris,

Here I uploaded the Moments Installation Guide https://www.dropbox.com/s/mmlzl253vd58pn6/Moment%20Installation%20Guide.pdf?dl=0

Thank you Chris, for this very useful document...

... a lot to learn this week-end :)

Kind regards,

Yann.

Living Room   BV Eclipse - BS Core - BL5 - BL8000 - LC2 x2 - Beo6 

Lounge  Beolink Passive - Cabasse Clipper - Beo4      Kitchen  BL3500 - Beolink 1000

Bedroom    BV9 - BL6000 (Thks Botty) - Beotime - LC2 - Beo5

Garden Lounge   BC9000 - BG 6006 - BL4500 (Thks Botty) - Playmaker - Beolink 1000

Study    BS1 - ML/NL Converter - BL2500 - Beo4 - Form 2 (Tks Botty) - Beoplay P2

HC
Not Ranked
Oslo, Norway
Posts 76
Bronze Member
HC replied on Sun, Dec 6 2015 7:51 PM

PeterBOBP:

add: you need to double tap "discover" for the keyboard to appear. 

Great, thanks a lot! It kind of hurts for a "geek" like me to have to ask for stuff like this, but with two kids below the age of 3 feeling sick and a wife who expects me to redecorate walls, floors and whatever it is called (cornices? etc. along ceiling, floor, windows and doors) to compensate for acquiring the Moment and 18+19 it will be a while before I get to the reading manuals and searching the web part Stick out tongue

Page 21 of 22 (864 items) « First ... < Previous 18 19 20 21 22 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL