Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 103 Replies | 5 Followers

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
7,006 Posts
Founder
9 LEE posted on Wed, May 30 2012 1:06 PM

Hi All,

Bang & Olufsen have literally just launched their 'new-look' website and are interested to hear our views, feedback and criticisms.  I've just had an email from the Sales and Marketing Department who would appreciate what we have to say - good or bad...

Here's the LINK.  It's going live as I type this - so it may take a little while longer for all the servers to update, so please be patient if you don't see the new site immediately..

Fire away!

Lee

Smile

All Replies

linder
Top 100 Contributor
United States
983 Posts
Founder

The main problem with the site is that it is presumably not finished.  Quality control should be the main focus for Bang & Olufsen and it didn't happen here.  Usually when a company is launching new products and canceling other products, they have a complete website.  The web is part of the marketing campaign.  Consider there are customers new to the brand trying to figure out the various products and trying to decide what goes together.  There is not a cohesive message.  The dealer locator is very poor.

I dislike being a beta tester for a website and any software from Bang & Olufsen.  I am not looking to buy anything now but maybe in a year.  I get the feeling B&O may not exist like it is in a year.

I agree with Evan.  The automotive products are well done and that's probably is the future.  I am sure there will be no Beoplay for BMW and others.

Paul W
Top 50 Contributor
London
1,810 Posts
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Fri, Jun 1 2012 10:59 PM

From the website i'm confused whether the BeoSound 8 will be in current production. It seems really bad having the BS8 on it sporting Bang & Olufsen and then A8 Airplay sporting B&O.  My best friend who is new to B&O asked me about this and was confused with two names for a product that looked very similar!  I know what he means, bit unprofessional really!

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
4,771 Posts
Bronze Member

Paul W:

From the website i'm confused whether the BeoSound 8 will be in current production. It seems really bad having the BS8 on it sporting Bang & Olufsen and then A8 Airplay sporting B&O.  My best friend who is new to B&O asked me about this and was confused with two names for a product that looked very similar!  I know what he means, bit unprofessional really!

My dealer is confused, too. He was told they would both continue (at the two very difference price points), then told only the A8 would continue, now he says that both will continue until the existing Beosound 8 runs out of stock, or tat least for the foreseeable future.

Does seem to be a very confusing mixed message.

Paul W
Top 50 Contributor
London
1,810 Posts
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Sat, Jun 2 2012 12:40 PM

Yes totally agree Moxxey. Same looking design icon with 2 different brands - very indifferent.

Ive noticed that audio side to my iPhone 4S is improved yet again, compared to last years iPod Nano & the iPod & iPhone before that! Clear, more punchy & louder!

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
11,569 Posts
Bronze Member

Paul W:
Ive noticed that audio side to my iPhone 4S is improved yet again, compared to last years iPod Nano & the iPod & iPhone before that! Clear, more punchy & louder!

I'm sure B&O are pleased to hear it!Huh?

Ban boring signatures!

Paul W
Top 50 Contributor
London
1,810 Posts
Bronze Member

Of course, if i makes their systems sound even better, then surely!

Schlaumeier
Top 500 Contributor
124 Posts
Bronze Member
... aaaaaah, every amateur-site is better. ridiculous. a desaster. my feedback: kill the site or the webdesigner.

Beste Grüße / Best regards

Schlaumeier

Setup Livingroom: BeoVision 10-40 and 10-32, BeoLab 6000 front, BeoLab 4000 rear, BeoLab 11, Ouverture, Apple TV 2 & 4, Airport Express, 6 x LC2.

Other Rooms: 3 x BeoSound 8, BeoVision 8-26, MX 4002, 2 x Keyring, 2 x Beolit 15, A1, Airport Express, 4 x Beo4, 2 x Beocom 5

phycomp
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Bronze Member

Lovely images on the new site, and very aspirational feel to the whole site - like it!

PhilLondon
Top 25 Contributor
London
3,607 Posts
Bronze Member

Typo: Please be aware that some colors in the seleceted Bang & Olufsen product can vary from region to region.

Beoworld app with direct photo upload and emoticons. Other apps: ConsltThe Story Mouse

Yendys
Top 200 Contributor
Sydney
303 Posts
Bronze Member

I like the fresh look but I have found that as well as the current phones missing there is no BeoPort, Beoplayer or reference the apps available from the Apple store

Oh and a very large image of an early version of the Beo4 (SAT V-Tape A-Tape) in the connectivity section of Picture

ngnear
Top 500 Contributor
124 Posts
Bronze Member

Just saw this on the B&O Facebook page. It was in response to a comment that the phones were no longer featured on the new webpage.

Tim

Quote:

Do not despair - you can still see and buy the famous BeoCom phones in our stores - no change in this. Upon designing the new website and preparing the launch, we decided to focus on the core products for a start. As the site develops we will add more relevant information and we are also working on a mobile / pad version. Thank you for your comments.

Chris Harrison
Top 200 Contributor
Peak District
378 Posts
Gold Member

I quite enjoyed reading about people homes - last one I thoroughly enjoyed was the architect who live in a converted barn in Italy. We need more of this.......

Beosound 8, Beotime, Beocom 4, Beo 5, Lutron Rania, MacBook 15" (Mid 2015), iPad Pro, iPhone 6S, B&O Play H3, Beolit 12, Form 2, A8 Headphones, B&O Play A1, B&O Essence

david707
Top 500 Contributor
101 Posts
Silver Member
david707 replied on Mon, Jun 25 2012 11:10 AM

I can't find the current PUC list for my beovision. Nor can I find the changes list for the current DVB software update. It's also so sloooow to use it drives you away back to beoworld.

David

Peter the Biker
Top 100 Contributor
Eastwestfalia
850 Posts
Gold Member

Out of the website titled "How to become a hacker"

But just having a home page isn't anywhere near good enough to make you a hacker. The Web is full of home pages. Most of them are pointless, zero-content sludge — very snazzy-looking sludge, mind you, but sludge all the same.

To be worthwhile, your page must have content — it must be interesting and/or useful to other hackers.

I recommend to add some content about every B&O product.

Peter the biker

Page 5 of 7 (104 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL