This post has 749 Replies | 13 Followers

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
Posts 1,659
Gold Member
mbolo01 replied on Sun, Nov 27 2016 10:01 AM

Roger:

I´m still on 1.8. After the paperclip reset to get the unresponsive panel up and running again everything was looking ok last night. This morning the panel was again unresponsive (both sides) and the grey screen was back. Hmfr.

As the last family member still using the Just-a-Moment I have now powered it down waiting for the release of the sw 2.0. It worked when I got it, then new sw releases have made it very difficult to live with. 

The first piece of kit I have bought from B&O that is close to useless.

Roger

Don't you think you simply have a faulty hardware? Have you tried the BeoTool app (if you have an iPhone) to see what information it pulls?

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

Roger
Top 200 Contributor
Norway
Posts 416
Bronze Member
Roger replied on Sun, Nov 27 2016 11:09 AM

I agree, seems like faulty hardware - but these issues, rendering it close to useless, appeared after the October sw update.

BeoTool app show that everything is working fine, and as the trouble is associated with the removable panel it might be a hardware thing. I´ll see if I can get a swap.

Roger

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,169
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Sun, Nov 27 2016 4:39 PM

Dear Roger,

Be sure, I was not the only one needed a swap panel after the October SW, and you won't be the last... Huh?

Expecting this week the dealers technician to fill in serial and hardware in the swapped panel...as a solution for the updates failure.

The only positive side on the swap panel until now: a much bettered/stronger/stabil wireless connection in comparing to the original one.

B&O must have used some new hardware. Signal is now from 71dBm up to 65dBm, and I haven't changed the location of the panel(s)

"Believe nothing you read and only half of what you see, let your ears tell you the truth."

volvoxc
Not Ranked
Posts 44
Bronze Member
volvoxc replied on Tue, Nov 29 2016 6:00 PM

Today I got updated to 2.00.52, but the message was the same as last, so I cannot se details about the changes.

Still missing : The slider to scroll within a song and the possibility to cue song / albums like in the app.

I still have to press Radio or CD a couple of times to start the connection to the Moment from my TV, but so far it hasn't crashed after the 2.00.50 update. Before I had to restart the unit daily.

:-) I only have to start my TV after 4 hours without using the remote, then it goes into std.by

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
Posts 1,659
Gold Member
mbolo01 replied on Tue, Nov 29 2016 7:27 PM

volvoxc:

Today I got updated to 2.00.52, but the message was the same as last, so I cannot se details about the changes.

Many thanks for your regular updates Volvocx!

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,169
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Wed, Nov 30 2016 10:32 AM

mbolo01:

volvoxc:

Many thanks for your regular updates Volvocx!

It is now a certainty that in swapping a Jukebox panel, the old serial number must be written in the panel with the use of the dealers Beotool.

After the old panels serial number have been added today, the Moment's updating function is working again after doing a complete reset.

It updated to SW 1.8.4, no view yet of the newest SW 2.00.52

"Believe nothing you read and only half of what you see, let your ears tell you the truth."

Beroli
Top 200 Contributor
Germany
Posts 315
Bronze Member
Beroli replied on Wed, Nov 30 2016 1:18 PM

Chris:

It is now a certainty that in swapping a Jukebox panel, the old serial number must be written in the panel with the use of the dealers Beotool.

After the old panels serial number have been added today, the Moment's updating function is working again after doing a complete reset.

It updated to SW 1.8.4, no view yet of the newest SW 2.00.52

Hi Chris,

in the end good news for you. It´s alive - again. Still some useful lesson came out of your odyssey - no serial number - no update ability. Good to know! It seems that the update-server is checking serial-numbers/hardware-versions before connecting and uploading new software. 

Now, let´s all look forward to 2.00.52. My BS-Moment is up and running again - and we starve for every bit of the announced/leaked improvements.

Cheers Beroli

volvoxc
Not Ranked
Posts 44
Bronze Member
volvoxc replied on Mon, Dec 5 2016 9:12 PM

Since last I have been on 2.00.54 and today I got 2.00.55. Seem to have missed 2.00.53 :-)

I don't notice any changes in functionallity, so I guess it is just bug fixing.

Though today, after upgrading, I played an album from the farvourites, and on the Jukebox it was stucked on a number, even though it had finished the album and started playing random farvourites. Havn't seen that before, on the Music App it showed correctly.

Still have to press Radio twice on my TV to activate Radio from Moment on my TV.

Found out about the Link function on Moment, have always wondered why it didn't show "Link" om my Moment. I havn't had the TV on when using the Moment. But the delay of the sound is quite a lot, like a second. I thought about having the sound from the TV on my Moment (it is in the kitchen) when the TV is on in the living room, but it is too much out of sync.

Beroli
Top 200 Contributor
Germany
Posts 315
Bronze Member
Beroli replied on Tue, Dec 6 2016 4:37 PM

Hi volvox,

I really envy you. I would prefer to have a beta-version on my BS-Moment. The recent last official update made it again worse for me. I have to face the newest "feature" the "danish grey fog screen" with no informations on the jukebox - nearly 3-5 times a week. The paperclip is sitting besides the device. B&O should offer to integrate a button for the reset for Moment owners. This seems easier for a "hardware-focused-company" than fixing the software for good.

My new dealer told me, there are rumors, that the update will be out in the 51 week "this year". But now the timeline seems shifting, since the Avant NG software needs some serious heavy updates as well.

Cheers Beroli

volvoxc
Not Ranked
Posts 44
Bronze Member
volvoxc replied on Tue, Dec 6 2016 5:33 PM

Hi Beroli,

I understand your frustation, I had it too, I was ready to swap it all for Sonos (until someone told me that Sonos not even comply with the HiFi standard).

I had a Beomaster 5 that froze once a day, and then changed to Moment, where in the begining not even multi room was possible. That Works now, and I have to press multible time to activate the Moment from a link room, but at least I don't have to reset anymore, so look forward to week 51, Christmas Present :-)

Is your jukebox totally dead or has it just lost connection? There is one thing I learned, that on the Jukebox, when it Loose connection, it tell your to press a button on the back to reconnect, but the drawing shows the wrong button. You need to press the button in the other side of the back cover.

I was told that B&O has started a Whole new department for software in Denmark, to improve the software and the response time. I was told that they have had a deal with Company in Poland, which used software engineers in India to do the software. I cannot confirm if it is true, but looking at the history, it is very likely!

At least I see upgrades every 3-4 days, so I think they are working like h... to finish the upgrade.

So please be patient a Little bit more....

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,169
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Tue, Dec 6 2016 5:37 PM

Hi Beroli,

I fell out of my chair laughing about "the danish grey fog screen". Why not give every bug a name, would be a good thought!

Having the same problem since the new tablet and update 1.8 is running. It mostly happens when I am listening only to a system connected to the ML/NL converter (kitchen on passive amplifier).

Then suddenly someone in the house started the V1 TV up from standby, and the Moment shows immediate that grey screen with a notification 'TV SOUND'. But it keeps streaming music to the other systems in house.

After getting everything to the standby function (TV, Moment & Passive amp), starting the Moment from standby gives me that wonderful mono coloured "danish grey fog screen". I do a power off-on to the Moment to get rid of the grey screen.

It would be indeed very useful to have a button instead of a paperclip. Where do I find at the Beo website that page: 'Useful Ideas from Customers'.

(Waiting also for a new SW update and a promised update of Beomusic).

Chris

Beroli
Top 200 Contributor
Germany
Posts 315
Bronze Member
Beroli replied on Tue, Dec 6 2016 8:32 PM

Hi Chris,

it is nice to know, that you can still laugh about our BS-Moment. I just thought about the XBox, they had a "blue ring of death". Let's hope B&O is reading this posts as well, because it seems you explained the reason for the "danish grey fog screen". I tried to recreate your experience and you are right. I don't have a NL/ML Converter anymore, since I switched to the new Avant. But your explaination works in my setup as well. The Moment uses the speakers connected to the Avant directly ... but if I intend to start music from the BeoMusic App on my iPad, while the TV was on with a other source (like AppleTV) the Jukebox turns immediately into the "danish grey". It seems, when a source change it is not initiated from the jukebox itself, that the jukebox isn't recognizing the change of the source and is felling of the wagon.

Cheers Beroli

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,097
Gold Member
My moment seems to have gone mad for the first time this week.

First of all I could not connect to it via the app.

Then once connected everyone I change track it plays but the tablet says unable to play track.

A pin reset has not fixed it.

Taking out the Ethernet cable and using wifi instead seems to have fixed the unable to play track situation but this is crazy Ethernet over wifi anyway.

Sean

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

Roger
Top 200 Contributor
Norway
Posts 416
Bronze Member
Roger replied on Wed, Dec 7 2016 8:21 AM

@Chris - I am a bit puzzled by the mixture of introduced software, firmware and possible hardware bugs. I am running on 1.8, still, and planning a trip to my dealer to swap the panel as recommended - but should I wait for the SW update estimated to week 51?

Roger

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,169
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Wed, Dec 7 2016 12:00 PM

Hi Roger,

I do not know when exactly the Moments software globally will be updated to a higher (hopefully better) version. My dealer says a mayor update is coming before the end of the year (?) and I know that the Dutch B&O distributors technician has already the beta of it on his Moment.

BeoCare itself promised me by mail, that a new version of BeoMusic will be downloadable, but did not mention a SW update for the Moment. That was 2 months ago.

If it is necessary to swap your panel, don't hesitate any longer and contact your dealer ( The Christmas workers stop is nearing and I suppose time is important to order a new panel before this stop).

The new panels are having a much bettered WiFi connection to your network, speaking from experience. But don't forget to mention at your dealer he has to fill in at first your old serial number in to the new panel (swap panels come without serials), otherwise it won't be recognized by the hub and you can not do a SW update.

I have now writing down all my serials (hub & tablet) on paper and stored it myself. Because I posted my old panel to the distributor and it was hard to get the original numbers afterwards back for the swap panel..

Chris

kimhav
Top 500 Contributor
Malmo, Sweden
Posts 235
Gold Member
kimhav replied on Wed, Dec 7 2016 10:55 PM

Chris:
The new panels are having a much bettered WiFi connection to your network, speaking from experience. But don't forget to mention at your dealer he has to fill in at first your old serial number in to the new panel (swap panels come without serials), otherwise it won't be recognized by the hub and you can not do a SW update.

Just out of curiosity, when you say the new panels, from what month would these new panels be from? I've bought the Moment this year in April and I quite often struggle with to get the panel to work proper. Often I just need to shutdown the unit and pull the power cord and wait for 30 sec before firing up the unit again to get the panel to work and sync proper with the main unit. Whether this is an issue within Moment wifi itself I don't know. On the other hand it's the only unit that I actually have wifi issues with. The Moment unit is wired connectivity and not wifi.

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,169
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Thu, Dec 8 2016 1:06 PM

kimhav:
Often I just need to shutdown the unit and pull the power cord and wait for 30 sec before firing up the unit again to get the panel to work and sync proper with the main unit. Whether this is an issue within Moment wifi itself I don't know.

Hi Kimhav,

I would not worry, not immediate, about your home Wifi network and the range of it.

From what you explain, it looks your Moment is infected with the 'the danish grey fog screen' virus spread by SW1.8.4. (see the above threads)

Let's see what the SW 2..... brings us in week 51 (?)

volvoxc
Not Ranked
Posts 44
Bronze Member
volvoxc replied on Thu, Dec 8 2016 1:25 PM

I had the same thing before upgrading to version 2.0, restart every day by shutting it Down with the power button.

After I upgraded to 2.0.50 I haven't had any unrecoverable errors where I had to restart og reset the units.

Before this upgrade, my B&O dealer had suggested that B&O recommended that their units should be placed in a separate subnet away from other Network units. Thougt it was a joke.But version 2.0 has solved my major problems, so I hope they release it soon.

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,169
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Thu, Dec 8 2016 2:15 PM

Seanie_230:
My moment seems to have gone mad for the first time this week.

Really? First time? Big Smile

Having the same problems with the app on Android and Multiroom not functioning. On a another tablet running iOS no problems.

Chris

volvoxc
Not Ranked
Posts 44
Bronze Member
volvoxc replied on Sat, Dec 10 2016 8:29 PM

I had the Jukebox off the dock, and it ran out of power.

When I docked it Again, it look like it ran an update, after that I had to go through all the setup Again, includiing Deezer and TuneIn account, WiFi settings, speakers etc.

After finishing that, it still had version 2.0.55.xxxxx . There is another software after that also starting with 2.0.42 (I think). Don't know if it was update of the heartbeat or something else, but now when I have the mood Wheel, I can only use the two inner circles, the outer circle is only gray. 30 minutes later it has come back to normal.

On the setup screen (taking the cover off on the back) there is a Progress % on reindexing from DNLA, but it nerver finish, it also says that in right Down corner on the normal screen.

Stability is far better than I had on 1.8, but there is still Space for improvements.

Rudi Pedersen
Top 500 Contributor
Herning, Denmark
Posts 110
Bronze Member

I can only add to the long chain of complains. I got my Moment in April 2015. Before I had the Beosund 5. I could not imagine B&O could make a product worse than all the problems I had with the Beosound 5, but they did...The Moment....

One of the service technician, Johnny, coming directly from B&O in Struer has been here many times and did swap the SoundHart 3 times. He looks at the Moment and says nothing except sad eyes...

Today, again, the B&O logo flash on the screen...we started this morning with a total "factory reset", but this time the Moment did this by itself. When entering the screen you are welcome by this setup screen again...did all the setup like Wifi connection, speakers etc. I have done this 3 times today, and now we are back to the "old web-known B&O logo" flashing.

This SoundHeart has been swapped 3 times...I do not believe we have a hardware problem...but a major and very serious software problem..

We and B&O are in deep *** with this product...I feel sorry for B&O and us all...

I was participating 1-2 months ago in an event in Struer at B&O with Henrik Clausen...I told him about this problem and other issues...he knows it but how can he manage to change this quickly...

A new release is coming, and I am not anymore optimistic ...lets see...

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,169
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Sun, Dec 11 2016 7:59 AM

Rudi Pedersen:
I do not believe we have a hardware problem...but a major and very serious software problem..

Hi Rudy

I think we all can stand next to you in your opinion.

The employees working at Struer are all very capable professionals, but Struer has really get to attract some good software developers. Its my feeling they are using third parties who doing more harm to their reputation than good.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 13,444
Bronze Member

In my understanding - that is what is happening right now.

But things'll take time ;-(

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

koning
Top 25 Contributor
holland
Posts 4,202
Bronze Member
koning replied on Sun, Dec 11 2016 10:35 AM

I've been told that only the sw for the Moment was written in India.

2 years on the market and still problems is onacceptable!

StUrrock
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 991
Bronze Member
StUrrock replied on Sun, Dec 11 2016 10:19 PM

Sorry to hear this but it has been a problem for a while now.

The BeoSound 5 is one of the major reasons IMHO why so many B&O dealers closed, but why does B&O try and imitate that useless thing with its *** offspring "the Moment".

Lots of loyal customers with brilliant, easy to use  ML systems, (lets face facts, ML was the best of its time), wanted to migrate to a new digital platform. The BeoSound5 at that time was the only option and the majority of customers I came across (totalling over a hundred in my case) HATED the thing and just could not work it.

In the meantime these loyal clients in B&Os boom time of the mid 2000s had recommended shed loads of new clients because of their previously excellent ML experience particularly with the magnificent BS9000 and Video product integration.

At this time many of these B&O newcomers were lured into the BeoSound5 world and by god what a disaster. Many of these folks were turned off the brand forever. 

For the average user, MOTS (the pattern play of its day) caused more problems than it solved. In one day I took  B&O executive from Struer to many customers homes to explain that the unit was not faulty it was just the way it worked!

Now the new NL system works well, although the app needs work, a lot of work. using a wheel for volume control on a touch screen is just plain stupid! The navigation too, is awkward. If you stick to the Essence , the integration with the TVs is the best in the business, and hopefully the app will improve over time.

In short I would recommend everyone with a malfunctioning Moment to take it back for credit and get an Essense instead.

Henrik
Top 500 Contributor
Norway
Posts 165
Bronze Member
Henrik replied on Mon, Dec 12 2016 6:02 AM

Chris:

The employees working at Struer are all very capable professionals, but Struer has really get to attract some good software developers. Its my feeling they are using third parties who doing more harm to their reputation than good.

I'm sure many has heard this famous quote by Alan Kay: "People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." I know Steve Jobs used it on occasion, among others.

This seems like a good opportunity to reverse it: If B&O is really serious about their hardware, they should make their own software. 

-h.

Roger
Top 200 Contributor
Norway
Posts 416
Bronze Member
Roger replied on Mon, Dec 12 2016 8:53 AM

StUrrock is pretty much spot on.

Had the same experience with a loyal customer that should have been a natural BL90 customer, but trying to sell a speaker to a customer, no matter how rich, where some modes would be made available by software downloads later on... after experiencing the BS5 and later the Moment. I am not sure what the strategy at Struer is :) The Moment is a disaster for what it does to the loyal customers as stated above by StUrrock.

Week 51 and the promised land is just a week away...

Roger

volvoxc
Not Ranked
Posts 44
Bronze Member
volvoxc replied on Mon, Dec 12 2016 5:26 PM

Just updated my Beta to 2.0.57 / 2.0.443.

First download fail, but after a timeout I tried Again with success.

I don't see any visual changes, so I guess the update is performace improvements.

With the ammount of updates, it looks like they are working hard to get a release out soon.

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,169
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Fri, Dec 16 2016 11:08 AM

Now that I'm used to see the "the danish grey fog screen" all day around when listening to TuneIn, I realized when you change from listening radio (grey screen) to Deezer it suddenly disappears and shows me the Moodwheel with track information (the way it should be).

Wiping the screen to the artist view and track information comes also comes on.

Going back next to TuneIn, all information is showing correctly... Surprise

Until now, I restarted the Moment to get rid of the grey screen. So this 'just found out' option gives me an easier solution.

Come on B&O, the end of the year is nearing....

Roger
Top 200 Contributor
Norway
Posts 416
Bronze Member
Roger replied on Tue, Dec 20 2016 12:33 PM

Regarding the announced SW update for week 51 - just checked with B&O, and they do not have a date for the Moment SW update. The updates for week 51 are limited to Beoplay A6, Beoplay A9, BeoSound Essence, BeoSound 35, BeoSound 1 and BeoSound 2.

Roger

Henrik
Top 500 Contributor
Norway
Posts 165
Bronze Member
Henrik replied on Tue, Dec 20 2016 12:47 PM

I was in touch with BeoCare regarding the Moment software as well in early november, and this fits well with what I was told then:

"I don't know the exact date of the release, but it is expected early next year, provided that all tests are approved."

The software update is described, in the mail I received, as "the upcoming rather large release". It's probably safe to assume that this is the v2.0 of the Moment software that some of you are running betas of.

-h.

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,169
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Tue, Dec 20 2016 1:55 PM

This is really a downer, especially now with a software version that is running not smooth at all.

The unit is gradually becoming older, and we never had a smooth running device if I compare it to my friends Linn Majik. I'm disappointed Crying

MircoHH
Top 500 Contributor
Germany
Posts 235
Bronze Member
MircoHH replied on Tue, Dec 20 2016 7:04 PM

BeoCare in Germany told me, that the release will be End of November :-( 

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
Posts 1,659
Gold Member
mbolo01 replied on Tue, Dec 20 2016 7:14 PM

MircoHH:

BeoCare in Germany told me, that the release will be End of November :-( 

They are late indeed :-)

MircoHH
Top 500 Contributor
Germany
Posts 235
Bronze Member
MircoHH replied on Tue, Dec 20 2016 7:17 PM

Yes they are. I think they don't know the release date. 

Beroli
Top 200 Contributor
Germany
Posts 315
Bronze Member
Beroli replied on Thu, Dec 22 2016 12:56 PM

Chris:

This is really a downer, especially now with a software version that is running not smooth at all.

The unit is gradually becoming older, and we never had a smooth running device if I compare it to my friends Linn Majik. I'm disappointed Crying

Hi Chris,

I totally agree with you. Maybe the last buggy software version is the reason for the delay of the upcoming version. The "danish grey fog screen" which came with the latest update is unbearable. I have to restart the jukebox several times a day. Every time I change the source, I get the messed up grey screen with no informations about the recent content. Doing a paperclip-reset so often, is driving me crazy and I am afraid, that the reset-button inside will be damaged soon. I can not believe, that there is no quick fix for that. Years ago I asked about a software reset button. B&O told me: "We would rather fix the Moment" - Still waiting :-(.  Even the possibility to downgrade to the previous version would be great. At least the device was working well enough to enjoy it. 

Instead of handing out B&O paper magazines - My wish under the Christmas tree would be: a finally working device!

Dear Santa, could you please give the  B&O developer team a forceful nudge into the right direction.

These things aside.

I wish to all of you: "Have yourself a Merry little Christmas" and a very successful, bright New Year ahead.

Cheers Beroli

MircoHH
Top 500 Contributor
Germany
Posts 235
Bronze Member
MircoHH replied on Wed, Dec 28 2016 3:03 PM

Yeahhhh. The update is here!

It installed and crashed my BS Moment! I had to do a factory reset twice. But now it is working with the improvements shown in the video. 

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,558
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Wed, Dec 28 2016 3:30 PM
MircoHH:

Yeahhhh. The update is here!

It installed and crashed my BS Moment! I had to do a factory reset twice. But now it is working with the improvements shown in the video.

Really?

I don't see that on mine.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5 Office: Beocom 2 Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2

dueno
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 98
Bronze Member
dueno replied on Wed, Dec 28 2016 3:45 PM
No update on mine....
Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,169
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Wed, Dec 28 2016 4:01 PM

I submitted this week my findings to B&O, to the developers who are behind the new multiroom app (with the large X).

I got this reply today:

Dear Chris,

Thank for the feedback and kind words :)

We will be adding DLNA playback in an upcoming update, which will be released around March 2017. Basic support for TVs is also planned in a later update, however there are currently no plans to add support for the NL/ML converter.

If you have any further questions or comments, please don't hesitate to contact us again. Thanks for being a B&O customer!

Regards
Martin from Bang & Olufsen

And also no update to find for the Moment at present...

Page 18 of 19 (750 items) « First ... < Previous 15 16 17 18 19 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL