The Moment software version Release Notes

This post has 749 Replies | 13 Followers

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,170
Bronze Member

A picture give a better view.

"Believe nothing you read and only half of what you see, let your ears tell you the truth."

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,025
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Tue, Dec 22 2015 10:16 AM
Hiort:

Some things to add for coming releases:

- Add something to distinguish an artist tile from an artist on my NAS from the same artist in my Deezer playlists in the Jukebox interface.

- Enable user to add artwork for Artist tiles where that is missing.

- Select random play of all songs from an artist I have on my NAS from the Beomusic app (I know, this is not a Moment feature )

- Gapless playback 

- Deezer Elite

- Search in NAS content

- Enable more DLNA servers than Twonky

I would add:

- remove tracks repeats in playlists generated out of MoodWheel point pressure

- enable landscape mode for the app, this would bring more user friendly application navigation by leveraging an iTunes style for example and it would make possible to use a BT keyboard embedded in iPad case without the risk of breaking our neck

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

PeterBOBP
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 133
Bronze Member
PeterBOBP replied on Tue, Dec 22 2015 11:22 AM

- Add something to distinguish an artist tile from an artist on my NAS from the same artist in my Deezer playlists in the Jukebox interface.

I would personally like to have all albums under the same artist tile regardless what the source (Deezer / DLNA) is. 

- Enable user to add artwork for Artist tiles where that is missing.

- Gapless playback 

- Deezer Elite

- remove tracks repeats in playlists generated out of MoodWheel point pressure

Agreed with all of these although I wonder if you (or rather I) can hear the difference between Deezer premium and Elite. As has been said before on this forum and from my own experience room acoustics, quality of recording, placement of speakers are much more important. 

Additionally I would like: 

Better organizing principle with albums (you have to scroll quite a bit when you have a lot of albums for one artist)

Include Deezer in standard playlists (recently added, recently listened to)

The ability to add albums directly from the top 100 / most popular albums per genre list in the "Discover tab" 

The ability to deselect certain genres with the Moodwheel (so you can have a mood wheel specifically for classical and another one for pop/rock/funk etc)

If all this would be added it would go from excellent to perfect for me. 

koning
Top 25 Contributor
holland
Posts 4,220
Bronze Member
koning replied on Tue, Dec 22 2015 11:44 AM

pioneer n50 plays gapless music (500 euro)

Moment (2195 euro) and no gapless music.....strange!

Beroli
Top 500 Contributor
Germany
Posts 316
Bronze Member
Beroli replied on Tue, Dec 22 2015 4:39 PM

koning:

pioneer n50 plays gapless music (500 euro)

Moment (2195 euro) and no gapless music.....strange!

Hi koning,

in my opinion, you can't just compare one feature and relate it to the price. The early VW-Beetle came for a fraction of the price for some luxury cars and had a vase for flowers on the dashboard included... - strange too?  

Every decision we will made before buying something will depend on our own preferences. I don't need gapless music, so I don't miss this feature. I can understand and respect it, if this missing feature is the reason, why you decide against the BS-Moment. Before the latest updates, I was angry about the issues with the bad DLNA-support (Tonky, NAS), some of the Moment-owners didn't care, because they used Deezer only.

For me, even if the reviews for the n50 are very good, I wouldn't dare to exchange the BS-Moment with the n50. 

I am sure that B&O recognized, that the value the BS-Moment-buyers got months ago for their money was not well balanced. Now I see the fast and steady progress on the BS-Moment and  B&O's efforts to solve all issues - we even got some features like multi-room and finally a better, faster UI. Of course, a device from a luxury brand should have been almost perfect from the first start. But nowadays everything is about software and we are getting used to bugs and as long B&O is willing to erase them, I am fine and willing to cut B&O some slack.

Therefore, please submit your BS-Moment logfiles to B&O and don't stop telling them, what is bothering you about the device.

my Wishlist remains the same

- full-text-based-Search in NAS/Twonky-content

- proper order of tracks in Playlists and albums with more than one CD

- some soft-restart-button for the jukebox, to get rid of the paper-clip

Wishlist for new features

- some way to add missing artist-tiles

- more improvements on the BeoMusic-App (e.g. shuffle on playlist, landscape-mode)

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,025
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Wed, Dec 23 2015 7:02 PM

Chris,

How do you recommend that I create playlists? I assume that it is playlists covering songs from your NAS, right?

I finally entered in the playlist arena!

I created a playlist leveraging iTunes, I exported the playlist leveraging an OSX tool I downloaded a while ago, I edited the playlist to align the directory paths and I placed the playlist in the music Shared Folder I defined in Twonky.

I tested the playlist with the Twonky user interface, all OK

I waited the Moment to discover it ..... I waited .... I forced content refresh and wait .... wait .... wait .... 24h without success

I did a database reset and finally the new Twonky playlist is available (to the BeoMusic app to start with)

I'm not seeing any behavior change on this front since the initial Moment software, I had the same exact behavior with my previous Synology based DLNA.

A new ticket for BeoCare (who stopped responding me 3 tickets ago now)

FYI: I went to a B&O shop today and the vendor told me that changes are coming again, including a new graphical interface to manage multiroom from the JukeBox.

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

mbee
Top 75 Contributor
Paris, France
Posts 1,840
Bronze Member
mbee replied on Wed, Dec 23 2015 10:45 PM

@mbolo01 : has the latest updates made it possible to connect the Moment to a Synology NAS without big issue ? 

Beroli
Top 500 Contributor
Germany
Posts 316
Bronze Member
Beroli replied on Thu, Dec 24 2015 6:30 AM

mbolo01:

Chris,

How do you recommend that I create playlists? I assume that it is playlists covering songs from your NAS, right?

I finally entered in the playlist arena!

I created a playlist leveraging iTunes, I exported the playlist leveraging an OSX tool I downloaded a while ago, I edited the playlist to align the directory paths and I placed the playlist in the music Shared Folder I defined in Twonky.

I tested the playlist with the Twonky user interface, all OK

I waited the Moment to discover it ..... I waited .... I forced content refresh and wait .... wait .... wait .... 24h without success

I did a database reset and finally the new Twonky playlist is available (to the BeoMusic app to start with)

I'm not seeing any behavior change on this front since the initial Moment software, I had the same exact behavior with my previous Synology based DLNA.

A new ticket for BeoCare (who stopped responding me 3 tickets ago now)

FYI: I went to a B&O shop today and the vendor told me that changes are coming again, including a new graphical interface to manage multiroom from the JukeBox.

Hi mbolo01,

being able to play the playlists on the Twonky user interface is not a proof, that the playlist will work on the Moment. The Twonky-Server can cope with various playlist-designs. The Moment is not so forgiving.

For example: If you use Twonky in combination with a Synology-NAS, I had to replace the slash with a backslash in every path in the playlist in order to get a proper working playlist for the BS-Moment. The Twonky user interface didn't care and worked - but Twonky couldn't hand over the playlist to the Moment.

I used the find-and-replace-function of a ordinary text-editor to do the alterations on the playlist. This was easy and mostly done in minutes.

Please read the tipps from Chris regarding the playlist-design on a NAS. It helped me a lot.

If you run a Twonky-Server on a Mac, it is much easier, because you don't have to fiddle much with the playlist created with the export-function of iTunes.

For creating a playlist, I recommend the thread "One Month with the Moment" started by Hiort. On page 5 (here) you will find some more tipps from Chris and JostdenEngelsman. I added some tipps there too.

I have sorted my whole database like this and put the playlists in exactly the same folder.

Since then I had no trouble to access the playlists on the Moment. Sometimes after a processing the Playlist won't appear. If you see them on the BeoMusicApp I recommend to do a pin-reset on booth devices. This brings usually back all playlists. 

It is mandatory that you allow the jukebox to access the Twonky-Server under Settings/Devices !

Altering playlists is at this time not very convenient.

Sometimes you have to refresh the Twonky-Server-Database. Don't do a factory-reset of the Twonky-Server. If you do this, in my experience, in the most cases you have to rebuild the whole database on the BS-Moment - because the Moment is loosing the order of the tracks. It will play songs, but the track-title or artist is wrong then.

Asking BeoCare questions about creating playlists will not work. Mostly you get no answer or some standard replies. The reason is, that they don't know your setup (Server, NAS, iTunes...) like you do. I would really prefer some hints/guide from B&O, how the BS-Moment is reading playlists  (e.g. in which order) - then we all would be able to save time instead of the trial and error process every Moment-owner has to get trough.

I mostly use the playlists on the Moment to activate shuffle on the jukebox - even if the always-the-same-first-track-issue is not solved yet.

I know, creating working playlists for the BS-Moment is "fine-art", but I am sure you will get it done.

Merry Christmas

Beroli

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,170
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Thu, Dec 24 2015 8:04 AM

Beroli:
If you see them on the BeoMusicApp I recommend to do a pin-reset on booth devices

Hi Beroli, Mbolo01

Not necessary to do a pin-reset on both devices, if you have a view on the lists at the Beomusic app. Just the Jukebox must be enough.

The app reads the content of the hub and if it finds that content it means only the Jukebox needs a reset. I find this it out because my Jukebox is in the DHCP range, after a lease it sometimes happens that when our daughter comes in with her iPhone, the iPhone pops the Jukebox from his DHCP address. Gone are all lists... 

This happens also when I restart the AP and forgot to power off the Moment at first. I have now, as a test, pointed the Jukebox to a static DHCP in the upper range (192.X.X.143). 

Why not a static address for the Jukebox out of the DHCP range? I tried this several times in the menu, but it seems it won't hold that address after a AP or router restart. When i open the menu afterwards in network settings, the Hub beholds its given static address and the Jukebox has a new DHCP address... This could also be a behaviour of my network after a restart and not related in any case to the Moment, but anyway this is how it is functioning here.

Beroli:
I would really prefer some hints/guide from B&O, how the BS-Moment is reading playlists  (e.g. in which order) - then we all would be able to save time instead of the trial and error process every Moment-owner has to get trough.

If they would do that for once!

Beroli:
the playlists on the Moment to activate shuffle on the jukebox - even if the always-the-same-first-track-issue is not solved yet.

Don't know exactly what happens after the last update, but their is a change. I have to test further and longer.

I notice that the playlist after a daily fresh start of the Moment always uses that same track, next it goes into random. After a listening a while to that playlist I switch to radio and further in the day I switch back to that list again. Its not starting with the usual same first track, its another one? Happens also if I switch of the Moment for an hour or so, it gives me a track out of the random to start. Only after a night off it starts again wit that usual first track.

Has B&O changed anything? It could also be that it has something to do with Twonky, who I set up to do a scan on the directory's only every 1440 minutes. Have to set up Twonky to do a manual scan to find out if its related.

Now my wishes:

To your enemy, extend forgiveness.
To an opponent, endure and tolerate.
To a friend, give your heart.
To all, be charitible.
To every child, be a good example.
To yourself, respect.

Let me wish you both and all members a fabulous Christmas.

"Believe nothing you read and only half of what you see, let your ears tell you the truth."

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,025
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Thu, Dec 24 2015 9:08 AM
mbee:

@mbolo01 : has the latest updates made it possible to connect the Moment to a Synology NAS without big issue ?

Hi mbee - I gave up using Synology with the Moment a couple of months ago and I moved to QNAP/Twonky.

The reseller I visited yesterday confirmed to me that while Synology DLNA was working, the integration with the Moment was far from being perfect .... I realized it Sad

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,025
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Thu, Dec 24 2015 9:33 AM
Beroli:

being able to play the playlists on the Twonky user interface is not a proof, that the playlist will work on the Moment. The Twonky-Server can cope with various playlist-designs. The Moment is not so forgiving.

Hi Beroli - I disagree with your statement I'm afraid.

The Twonky media server cares about the file system structure to effectively access the media files exposed for streaming, reason why adjustments are required when playlists are generated outside of Twonky environment.

The Moment does not care about the file system structure behind the scene, I.e behind the Twonky server, the Moment is just a media renderer/controller and my feeling is that the Twonky user interface is also a simple renderer/controller leveraging the Twonky media server, reason why i first test the playlist with the limited Twonky UI

I think that the Moment does not properly ,or at all, look for playlist's updates beside initial configuration or database reset. I'm not talking yet about playlist's content, but simply adding/removing playlists

I reported this issue to BeoCare beginning of the year and I got confirmation it was not working as it should but I put that on the back of Synology. As adding playlists to NAS based Twonky servers is not trivial, that MoodWheel is somehow a Moment controlled playlist generator, I guess no focus has been made on user generated DLNA playlists.

That said, after a database reset, my playlists are there and fully operational.

I'll watch now (1) the track playing order (2) the playlist content update

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,025
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Thu, Dec 24 2015 10:00 AM
Chris:

I tried this several times in the menu, but it seems it won't hold that address after a AP or router restart. When i open the menu afterwards in network settings, the Hub beholds its given static address and the Jukebox has a new DHCP address... This could also be a behaviour of my network after a restart and not related in any case to the Moment, but anyway this is how it is functioning here.

Chris - I have had the same issue when trying static IP address, the Jukebox does not keep the setting. I have now static DHCP for the two devices.

Beroli
Top 500 Contributor
Germany
Posts 316
Bronze Member
Beroli replied on Thu, Dec 24 2015 5:07 PM

mbolo01:
Beroli:

Hi Beroli - I disagree with your statement I'm afraid.

Hi mbolo01,

It was not my ntention to upset you - if you want - you can check my theory by yourself. If you look at your playlist with the Limited Twonky UI Player, you will have all tracks in the right order - while the same playlist on the Moment appears in a wrong order. This is just one proof that booth players are using different ways to process the same playlist. Maybe I am wrong and your playlists-order is the same on Twonky and your Moment - if so, we would gladly hear, how you got this result?

I do agree on all your other assumptions regarding the refreshing of playlists. Doing a database-reset after adding tracks or altering playlists is a real pain in the A...

Cheers Beroli

Beroli
Top 500 Contributor
Germany
Posts 316
Bronze Member
Beroli replied on Thu, Dec 24 2015 5:13 PM

mbolo01:
Chris:

I tried this several times in the menu, but it seems it won't hold that address after a AP or router restart. When i open the menu afterwards in network settings, the Hub beholds its given static address and the Jukebox has a new DHCP address... This could also be a behaviour of my network after a restart and not related in any case to the Moment, but anyway this is how it is functioning here.

Chris - I have had the same issue when trying static IP address, the Jukebox does not keep the setting. I have now static DHCP for the two devices.

Same here on my Moment. It seems saving changed settings is since the latest update almost impossible. Maybe someone forgot to lift the write protection on the configuration-files. Same issue with line in and volume-settings. 

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,170
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Fri, Dec 25 2015 7:12 AM

Beroli:
Same here on my Moment. It seems saving changed settings is since the latest update almost impossible. Maybe someone forgot to lift the write protection on the configuration-files. Same issue with line in and volume-settings.

Hi Beroli

That's a good thought. We already had a equivalent problem in the past not showing all genres on the jukebox after an update. Good to know I'm not the only one in this case, I give Beocare feedback of the problem. 

My first thought was to relate it to our Apple devices in the home, they can show some anti-social behaviour.  Macs "steal" all of the DHCP connection, they like to reusing their IP-address from days ago and bump another user of that address.

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,025
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Fri, Dec 25 2015 11:05 AM
Beroli:

It was not my ntention to upset you

Beroli - I'm not upset, no worries, and I apologize if I made you think so, I was just trying to explain my theory too :-) and my English is not at the level all the time.

I agree that the playlist track ordering in the Moment is different than the .m3u one, but this is a pure Moment "decision" to my point of view as the same Twonky playlist browsed with VLC app shows exactely the same track ordering than the .m3u, the Twonky UI and the original iTunes playlist.

I had a look at the .m3u and compared it with the Moment track ordering to find some kind of logic. I could identify that the first track exposed by the Moment is in the middle of the .m3u track list, the next are built sequentially bottom up. When the very first track of the .m3u is reached, the next in the Moment ordering is the latest track of the .m3u and then tracks are listed bottom up again.

Sample:

.m3u order = 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moment order = 6 5 4 3 2 1 10 9 8 7

I was also able to identify that some tracks had been taken out of the playlist, the tracks with special characters in their name that were not properly transcoded during the .m3u generation as I kept Latin-1 instead of UTF-8, I'll change that and test again. This is a Twonky issue.

Merry Christmas to all!

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,170
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Sun, Jan 10 2016 1:20 PM

After the latest December 2015 software update its proven the forced DLNA music update works on the Moment. Although the text refers to look in the 'About' menu to see progress, nothing appears in that window.

Adding this morning around 2000 new tracks and 1 playlist (m3u) to Twonky server, did a renewal of the server and pushed the 'Force Update' button in the Moments menu.

4 and a half hours later the playlist finally shows on the Jukebox and is playable.

Come on B&O you can do better... I'm tired to be a BETA tester.

koning
Top 25 Contributor
holland
Posts 4,220
Bronze Member
koning replied on Sun, Jan 10 2016 1:56 PM

Double post

koning
Top 25 Contributor
holland
Posts 4,220
Bronze Member
koning replied on Sun, Jan 10 2016 1:57 PM

When I play a whole album from my nasserver (qnap451) and I go back to artists when the album is finished playing, the tablet shows no cd's anymore and the screen turned black.

After a paperclip resett everything works again.

Come on B&O this is terrible!

YannChris
Top 500 Contributor
Larmor Plage - France
Posts 227
Founder
YannChris replied on Sun, Jan 10 2016 2:02 PM

Hello Beoworlders,

I'm happy with my Moment, as long as I do want to search for an artist.

The search function is limited to 1 letter (swiping upside on the "artist" item)

So searching for "Susheela Raman" is a real pain.

At a time, a 3 letters search has been discussed in the forum.

Does this search exist, and if yes where to find it?

Kind regards,

Yann.

Living Room   BV Eclipse - BS Core - BL5 - BL8000 - LC2 x2 - Beo6 

Lounge  Beolink Passive - Cabasse Clipper - Beo4      Kitchen  BL3500 - Beolink 1000

Bedroom    BV9 - BL6000 (Thks Botty) - Beotime - LC2 - Beo5

Garden Lounge   BC9000 - BG 6006 - BL4500 (Thks Botty) - Playmaker - Beolink 1000

Study    BS1 - ML/NL Converter - BL2500 - Beo4 - Form 2 (Tks Botty) - Beoplay P2

koning
Top 25 Contributor
holland
Posts 4,220
Bronze Member
koning replied on Sun, Jan 10 2016 2:11 PM

Happy with the moment.

Are you using a nasserver YannChris?

YannChris
Top 500 Contributor
Larmor Plage - France
Posts 227
Founder
YannChris replied on Sun, Jan 10 2016 4:02 PM

koning:

Happy with the moment.

Are you using a nasserver YannChris?

Yes,  use a QNAP NAS with built-in Twonky server.

Yann.

Living Room   BV Eclipse - BS Core - BL5 - BL8000 - LC2 x2 - Beo6 

Lounge  Beolink Passive - Cabasse Clipper - Beo4      Kitchen  BL3500 - Beolink 1000

Bedroom    BV9 - BL6000 (Thks Botty) - Beotime - LC2 - Beo5

Garden Lounge   BC9000 - BG 6006 - BL4500 (Thks Botty) - Playmaker - Beolink 1000

Study    BS1 - ML/NL Converter - BL2500 - Beo4 - Form 2 (Tks Botty) - Beoplay P2

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,025
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Sun, Jan 10 2016 4:28 PM

Chris:

4 and a half hours later the playlist finally shows on the Jukebox and is playable.

Come on B&O you can do better... I'm tired to be a BETA tester.

Lucky guy! I have added a single album (11 tracks), and 24h after .... still no update on JukeBox ..... nor the App.

"Fortunately" the new BeoTool is showing "Harvest in progress" while the "About" has nothing to report. I'll see if in a week time I have some fresher list of tracks, otherwise I'll do a database rebuild as usual.

koning
Top 25 Contributor
holland
Posts 4,220
Bronze Member
koning replied on Sun, Jan 10 2016 4:29 PM

Are you experience the same problems as I discribe YannChris with the nas

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,025
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Sun, Jan 10 2016 5:58 PM

Chris:
Adding this morning around 2000 new tracks and 1 playlist (m3u) to Twonky server, did a renewal of the server and pushed the 'Force Update' button in the Moments menu.

How does the track order look like when you compare both DLNA and Moment views? Assuming your playlist is a mix of artists

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,170
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Sun, Jan 10 2016 7:06 PM

mbolo01:
How does the track order look like when you compare both DLNA and Moment views? Assuming your playlist is a mix of artists

Hi mbolo01,

This is actually a good question, So I went deeper and it looked best to show some pictures. I added numbers next to the song so you can follow the sequence.

First picture is from the m3u playlist I added, starting in red with number 1 to 7.

The next picture is from Twonky server, who is following the same order as the playlist.

I don't have a picture of the Moments window, but the Beomusic app is showing the same order as the Jukebox. This order is complete different from the Playlist  & Twonky view. The view on the app gives me as the first song number 100 from my playlist (???), more strange is the second song on the playlist its song number 99 and so on.

The moment starts this playlist actually with song number 100 of the m3u list (???), and further downwards....

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,025
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Sun, Jan 10 2016 7:15 PM

Chris:
The view on the app gives me as the first song number 100 from my playlist (???), more strange is the second song on the playlist its song number 99 and so on.

Hi Chris - so this is consistent with what I posted earlier in this thread, thanks for having an in-depth look.

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,170
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Wed, Mar 9 2016 12:45 PM

There is a new sw update for the Moment, its now on version SW 1.6.6.1131-1.6.384.149383865

Be warned if you want to update! All of my NAS-SERVER content was lost, my music collection is now again being reprocessed (hopefully all goes well) Sad

Some release Notes:

- Quality and performance improvements.

- Problem solved with the NAS message: network overload.

- Disappearing NAS lists solved.

- TuneIn login details solved.

- Volume animation bettered.

- Faster in changing tracks.

- Problem solved with the wooden volume not reacting sometimes.

Weebyx
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 1,210
Bronze Member
Weebyx replied on Wed, Mar 9 2016 5:26 PM

Chris:

There is a new sw update for the Moment, its now on version SW 1.6.6.1131-1.6.384.149383865

Be warned if you want to update! All of my NAS-SERVER content was lost, my music collection is now again being reprocessed (hopefully all goes well) Sad

Some release Notes:

- Quality and performance improvements.

- Problem solved with the NAS message: network overload.

- Disappearing NAS lists solved.

- TuneIn login details solved.

- Volume animation bettered.

- Faster in changing tracks.

- Problem solved with the wooden volume not reacting sometimes.

Lost as in deleted, or lost as in just not available ? Quite a difference :)

Funny that this udate solves the issue ( - Disappearing NAS lists solved. ) by removing your files ;)

/Weebyx

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,025
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Wed, Mar 9 2016 8:02 PM

Weebyx:
Lost as in deleted, or lost as in just not available ? Quite a difference :)

NAS tracks are still visible through the BeoApp, so I guess the Moment is rebuilding its database. The Beotool is not showing an initial scan but a rescan as usual.

We will see if they have also changed the track ordering logic of the NAS playlists .....

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,025
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Thu, Mar 10 2016 7:02 AM

The night didn't help to make the NAS tracks + artists + playlists available from the JukeBok,

I have ended up with a Library reset and tried the Library refresh first place to see if the "network busy" error was fixed, ant it is apparently.

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,170
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Thu, Mar 10 2016 10:06 AM

mbolo01:

The night didn't help to make the NAS tracks + artists + playlists available from the JukeBok,

I have ended up with a Library reset and tried the Library refresh first place to see if the "network busy" error was fixed, ant it is apparently.

Sad Sorry to read you had to do a reset. I've did not had a tablet around yesterday, so I could not see if tracks showed up after the update. I just pointed again to my server in the menu and the 'About' window was telling me tracks were loaded again. All good after some 5 hours.

My m3u playlist shows now a complete reorder of my tracks (again), first starter of the list is now the tracks I added a week ago (or write down) at the end of the m3u table. I told you last it started with number 100 of the m3u list, now it starts with the end line on the list Crying. What a strange behaviour on this machine Confused

I feel myself after this update still a beta user. Looks like the Moment will be a work that never ends, I'm waiting for an future update with the release note: 'So it look like we done, huh?'.

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,885
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Thu, Mar 10 2016 3:11 PM

I did the upgrade. When done, my NAS music did not show.

Had to do a rebuild of the database over night. Have only 3000 songs so not a big deal.

Noticed some artist tiles have been updated.

Don´t think (and do not hope) updates to the Moment will stop coming. Things like this can always be improved, when it comes to user interface, features and functions. 

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: Beosound Emerge, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay EQ, Beoplay Earset

PeterBOBP
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 133
Bronze Member
PeterBOBP replied on Thu, Mar 10 2016 5:31 PM

Hiort:

Had to do a rebuild of the database over night. Have only 3000 songs so not a big deal.

Don´t think (and do not hope) updates to the Moment will stop coming. Things like this can always be improved, when it comes to user interface, features and functions. 

Same here; a lot of Artist tiles have changed; nice.....

The update went fine, but most of the items that were fixed were not immediately relevant for me.

I am still looking forward for a "feature update"; better/full (artist, album. title) search, exclude genres from the mood wheel, gapless playback and last played / most played / recently added not only from NAS but also from Deezer. would be high on my additional feature list. 

koning
Top 25 Contributor
holland
Posts 4,220
Bronze Member
koning replied on Thu, Mar 10 2016 5:50 PM

Gapless music....I don' t think it will ever happen.

E2195,00 for this rubbish!

Shame on you B&O!!!

Beroli
Top 500 Contributor
Germany
Posts 316
Bronze Member
Beroli replied on Thu, Mar 10 2016 8:24 PM

Hiort:

Dear Beoworlders

After the latest update I deactivated the automatic update, because my Moment worked almost flawless.

Ignoring the saying : Never change a running system, I did the update too. Sadly with the same outcome, DLNA-content is gone: Argh!!!

After a day of reprocessing everthing is now back again ... But ... It is not better than before. In my setup (Speaker conected to BV, NL/ML- converter, Moment) the volume-wheel responds very slow, not better. If you see in the same setup as mine a never disapearing volume level 20, you have to check the settings on the converter and restart the converter afterwards before powering on the BS-Moment. 

Some nasty bugs are still not solved. Any changes in the sound-settings on the BS-Moment regarding the maximum volume level, will not be stored, regardless how many times you will try, The Link option to join for example your Essence is still not available in a setup like mine. Frustrating, if you know, that a setup like mine (Speaker conected to BV) is very common. With the new order of the playlists B&O "gifted" us a something without any help or use -everything seems now shuffled. 

Btw. A new update for the Essence is available too.

Cheeers Beroli

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,025
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Thu, Mar 10 2016 9:04 PM

PeterBOBP:
Same here; a lot of Artist tiles have changed; nice.....

.... but still with the blur effect that does not cope with bands :-)

On the artist search front, what's funny is that B&O software developers never predicted that artist names could start with a number or a special character :-) ... surely too young to remember 10cc !

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,885
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Fri, Mar 11 2016 7:40 AM

Beroli:

After a day of reprocessing everthing is now back again ... But ... It is not better than before. In my setup (Speaker conected to BV, NL/ML- converter, Moment) the volume-wheel responds very slow, not better. If you see in the same setup as mine a never disapearing volume level 20, you have to check the settings on the converter and restart the converter afterwards before powering on the BS-Moment. 

I tried the volume wheel after upgrade and I see no problems with it. I have the same setup as you. BS connected to a BV, using speakers connected to the BV. I also have a BLC NL/ML converter but thats not involved between the BV and the Moment. Volume wheel is on the contrary very responsive. What do you mean with "respond very slow" in your case?

Beroli:

Do you have a Masterlink NL/ML involved, since you have an NL/ML between the BV and the Moment? 

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: Beosound Emerge, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay EQ, Beoplay Earset

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,885
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Fri, Mar 11 2016 7:42 AM

koning:

Gapless music....I don' t think it will ever happen.

E2195,00 for this rubbish!

Shame on you B&O!!!

A bit unfair to call the Moment "rubbish", as I see it.

May be a lot of money to some people, but the Moment is certainly not a "rubbish" product.

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,170
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Fri, Mar 11 2016 8:30 AM

Hiort:
A bit unfair to call the Moment "rubbish", as I see it.

Calling the Moment as a whole. 'Rubbish' is indeed a bit hefty, but you can not deny they are doing a rubbish job in developing the Moment.

I would like to see updates coming with only one note: Quality and performance improvements because the software is already at top level.

Not over and over again the same things as bettered Nas performance, TuneIn, etc... And improve once and for all that Beomusic app, make it more user friendly. Software updates as we get now has nothing to add to the Moment, it is a work that the factory had to finish at launch.

Mbolo01 gives a perfect example of the short-sightedness in development of their network player:

mbolo01:
On the artist search front, what's funny is that B&O software developers never predicted that artist names could start with a number or a special character :-) ... surely too young to remember 10cc !

Let me try to not constantly react negatively. To be fair respons to my server tracks is a lot bettered after this latest update. I had no problems with the volume wheel, Tunein,... so I did not feel improvement in this case. 

Page 9 of 19 (750 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL