The Moment software version Release Notes

This post has 749 Replies | 13 Followers

Raeuber
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
Posts 2,542
Bronze Member
Raeuber replied on Wed, Aug 26 2015 2:04 PM
Beosound Moment: No pleasure, no fun, no satisfaction, but only an endless BUMMER!

I would throw this piece of technical horror out of the window.
vlohjr1
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 473
Bronze Member
vlohjr1 replied on Wed, Aug 26 2015 2:27 PM
Raeuber:

Beosound Moment: No pleasure, no fun, no satisfaction, but only an endless BUMMER!

I would throw this piece of technical horror out of the window.

My reserved moment will be cancelled and replaced by essence

Furthermore Apple music beats deezer hands down the TV deezer app is utterly useless and unresponsive
Raeuber
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
Posts 2,542
Bronze Member
Raeuber replied on Wed, Aug 26 2015 3:02 PM
vlohjr1:

A wise decision!

Furthermore I ask myself what are owners of the Moment are doing who have neither special technical knowledge nor are knowing of the existence of this forum and only want to use the Moment for listening music. Are those customers calling their dealers every day?

Räuber
Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,169
Bronze Member

Raeuber:
Are those customers calling their dealers every day?

Perhaps they are having a poster hanging above their Moment

"Believe nothing you read and only half of what you see, let your ears tell you the truth."

Beroli
Top 200 Contributor
Germany
Posts 315
Bronze Member
Beroli replied on Wed, Aug 26 2015 3:31 PM

Great Poster, made my Day  Big Smile Lets have a Party !!!

Crying

Cheers Beroli

jans
Top 200 Contributor
Belgium
Posts 391
Bronze Member
jans replied on Wed, Aug 26 2015 4:26 PM
vlohjr1:

Furthermore Apple music beats deezer hands down the TV deezer app is utterly useless and unresponsive

It is clear that the Moment is struggling with many issues including issues related to playing from a NAS. Is my understanding correct that the Essence is not suffering from the same problems? Is B&O also recommending Twonky for Essence and NAS setups?
vlohjr1
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 473
Bronze Member
vlohjr1 replied on Wed, Aug 26 2015 5:20 PM
jans:

It is clear that the Moment is struggling with many issues including issues related to playing from a NAS. Is my understanding correct that the Essence is not suffering from the same problems? Is B&O also recommending Twonky for Essence and NAS setups?

Hi Jans

I have no issues even with the essence mki with issues playing from a NAS using the updated beomusic spp
jans
Top 200 Contributor
Belgium
Posts 391
Bronze Member
jans replied on Wed, Aug 26 2015 6:21 PM
vlohjr1:

Hi Jans

I have no issues even with the essence mki with issues playing from a NAS using the updated beomusic spp

Nice to hear! Do you use Twonky on your NAS?

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,169
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Wed, Aug 26 2015 8:07 PM

Beroli, Hiort

Could you check the following 'bug'.

I noticed in yesterdays software update for the Moment a different behaviour in controlling my playlists with the BEO4 on my Beolink Passive' receiver.

Before the update yesterday, I could change a music-number coming from my playlist on Twonky by pressing the up-down button on the BEO4 pointed to the Beolink Passive receiver, this worked fine in using multiroom with the Beolink Passive as the only speaker system active to listen.

After yesterdays update it is not possible anymore to change a playlist number by pressing the up-down button on the BEO4, when using only a ML system as the Beolink Passive.

It is only working again when I activate a NL system as my V1 together with the Beolink Passive.

If both (Beolink Passive + V1-tv) are activated, then it is possible to change a music number by the up-down button on my BEO4 pointed to the Beolink Passive receiver. 

Passed the above question to Beocare, looking forward to get answer from them.

"Believe nothing you read and only half of what you see, let your ears tell you the truth."

Beroli
Top 200 Contributor
Germany
Posts 315
Bronze Member
Beroli replied on Thu, Aug 27 2015 4:32 AM

Chris:

Beroli, Hiort

Could you check the following 'bug'.

It is only working again when I activate a NL system as my V1 together with the Beolink Passive.

If both (Beolink Passive + V1-tv) are activated, then it is possible to change a music number by the up-down button on my BEO4 pointed to the Beolink Passive receiver. 

Passed the above question to Beocare, looking forward to get answer from them.

Hi Chris,

at first, thank you very much for your Twonky-configuration-hints. I´m still waiting until my (twentieth..ish, in 3 month) first-setup-routine is finished.

Unfortunately I can´t help you with your "bug". I left my Beolink Passive in Germany and my Setup in Singapore is just a Ouverture, TV, BLC, Speaker & the BS Moment. I use the Beoremote One, but I have a beo4 as well. Is there any other way to reproduce your bug? Let me know.

Cheers Beroli

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,169
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Thu, Aug 27 2015 9:55 AM

Chris:

After yesterdays update it is not possible anymore to change a playlist number by pressing the up-down button on the BEO4, when using only a ML system as the Beolink Passive.

Hi Beroli, Thanks for the info

Just found out that the same occurs with my BL2000, up-down button is not working anymore as long you don't activate a NL product in 'join' mode. No change of music numbers possible with a command of those buttons to the BLC .

But if you use a playlist feeding from Twonky, you can change a music number by pushing the red button for a couple of seconds. Same works for the playlists started from Deezer. If this was also possible before the new update, I never tried it.

Change of radiostations is not possible with the above method, you have to push a number for changing radiostations.

Think it has something to do with the BLC, they must have done a change in software commands after the update for whatever reason. Maybe another setting in my BLC will do the trick. See what happens...

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,169
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Tue, Sep 15 2015 8:59 AM

Hi all,

For anyone who is interested what Beocare replied to my complain about the latest Moment update and Multiroom..

Problem:Since the last Moments update the star-shaped buttons (step up-down) are not working anymore on a Beo4 for changing a track playing from the Moment. The star-shaped step up-down buttons are only working if you listen Moment to NL device or NL + ML device, not if you exclusively listen on a ML product.

Solution: None till now, Beocare R&D team asked me to restart the whole system (what I did before some several times) and is investigating this problem deeper with the aid of my logfiles. They do not admit in the mail that this function is lost but also not that it should be working.

They also investigate why my playlist coming from the DLNA server or Deezer suddenly stops playing and places the whole system to standby when listening only on a ML product. Will be continued...

Beroli
Top 200 Contributor
Germany
Posts 315
Bronze Member
Beroli replied on Tue, Sep 15 2015 10:46 AM

Chris:

Hi all,

For anyone who is interested what Beocare replied to my complain about the latest Moment update and Multiroom..

They also investigate why my playlist coming from the DLNA server or Deezer suddenly stops playing and places the whole system to standby when listening only on a ML product. Will be continued...

Hi Chris,

thank you for your efforts. It seems, that B&O can extract many useful stuff from the submitted error logs. The Logfiles must be quite big - sometimes it takes minutes to transfer them. I have forwarded the Deezer-stops suddenly-issue too. It is strange and it appeared exactly after the latest update. If you lift the back-plate you will see messages like: can't play ... .Very awkward indeed.

In the last weeks I connected the Moment to several Servers (Twonky 7, Twonky 8, Raspberry with Twonky 7 and now Twonky 8, Synology 412+,) to test the latest update. Unfortunately I have to say, that some things regarding a NAS (without Twonky) are worse than before. I can not give any recommendation to use a DLNA-NAS instead of a Twonky-based-Server. It seems that the latest update needs a more powerful Server, the mac-mini-twonky-solution is smooth and fast regarding covers... - but the Twonky-raspberry-solution is now much slower - same Network, nothing changed in the configuration. It seems B&O is testing new ways of "reading" a DLNA-Server. For example processing 28000 files from my macmini took exactly 28 hours. The same content on the NAS (without Twonky) needed more than 40 hours including new errors.

Cheers Beroli

Facel
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 94
Bronze Member
Facel replied on Tue, Sep 15 2015 1:20 PM

As some of you seems to be in touch with B&O development team you should strongly suggest them to use and recommend the DLNA server from J River, 

J River is running on PC, MAC and Linux and  they have probably made the best  DLNA implementation on standard platform

B&O  could also directly use the Jriver library  ( because JRiver  library is very very fast and reliable)  but I am afraid that it will be not compliant with B&O strategy

You can try J River with your Moment for free for 1 month 

precision : I have no financial interest with J River, i simply have tested and used Twonky, Synology and Jriver  DLNA implementations

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,169
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Tue, Sep 15 2015 2:11 PM

Facel:
B&O  could also directly use the Jriver library

Hi Facel, Did you actually tried the JRiver implementation on the Moment as a DLNA server? I and others would be interested about your findings. I did not try it, not yet.

Beroli:
In the last weeks I connected the Moment to several Servers (Twonky 7, Twonky 8, Raspberry with Twonky 7 and now Twonky 8, Synology 412+,) to test the latest update. Unfortunately I have to say, that some things regarding a NAS (without Twonky) are worse than before. I can not give any recommendation to use a DLNA-NAS instead of a Twonky-based-Server. It seems that the latest update needs a more powerful Server, the mac-mini-twonky-solution is smooth and fast regarding covers... - but the Twonky-raspberry-solution is now much slower - same Network, nothing changed in the configuration. It seems B&O is testing new ways of "reading" a DLNA-Server. For example processing 28000 files from my macmini took exactly 28 hours. The same content on the NAS (without Twonky) needed more than 40 hours including new errors.

Hi Beroli,
Thank for your useful input.
I'm having some 20000 tracks now, timeframe is about 15 hours, with Twonky 8.1.2. My dealer' technician had this morning a new BLC in house and I'm expecting a call from him today with his findings regarding the up-down buttons with a only ML setup.
A couple of days ago I found a rather interesting German site about Twonky on Linux (Ubuntuserver). Have an old server here, think I will try this project before I step into the Raspberry world. If your interested, here's the link: https://ludwig.im/en/projects/twonkyserver-upnp-dlna
Today, for the first time a stop and completely shutdown to standby on a DLNA playlist with a NL + ML device playing. Logfile's of this event are already in Struer now. That's all we can do Crying
Wished more people could post their findings in the forum, its very instructive.

Normann
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 266
Bronze Member
Normann replied on Tue, Sep 15 2015 2:49 PM

My Moment and that V1 had a update yesterday.. Don't know what it did or solved..

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,169
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Tue, Sep 15 2015 3:03 PM

Normann:

My Moment and that V1 had a update yesterday.. Don't know what it did or solved..

Hi Normann,

Could you please reply the software version(s) you get yesterday?

Normann
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 266
Bronze Member
Normann replied on Tue, Sep 15 2015 3:17 PM

Chris:

Normann:

Hi Normann,

It's 1.3.8.1055-1.3.308.76908994

Facel
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 94
Bronze Member
Facel replied on Tue, Sep 15 2015 4:05 PM

Chris:

Hi Facel, Did you actually tried the JRiver implementation on the Moment as a DLNA server? I and others would be interested about your findings. I did not try it, not yet.

Sorry Chris but I have not yet invested into a Moment ...  maybe one day .. because the Moment concept is quite close to my initial choice 5 years ago ?

My personnal Moment  solution is made of    Origenae Touch screen + silent PC running Jriver  

My NL/ML converter is made with another silent PC running Jriver connected to my BV 7

All my music + JRiver Library is located on a Synology NAS and I also can acces my music from anywhere  either trhough JRiver or through DS audio from Synology

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,169
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Tue, Sep 15 2015 4:06 PM

Normann:

Chris:

Normann:

Hi Normann,

Thank you Normann,

I'm on the lookout, nothing now. Maybe tomorrow...

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,142
Gold Member
Seanie_230 replied on Tue, Sep 15 2015 10:42 PM
Nothing in my v1 or moment today.

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,169
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Fri, Sep 18 2015 4:49 PM

Chris:

Hi all,

They also investigate why my playlist coming from the DLNA server or Deezer suddenly stops playing and places the whole system to standby when listening only on a ML product.

Beocare replied today that they are aware of the above problem and put it on the worklist for a future update!

In the meantime I had some long listening sessions on only a NL product, and it happened also, although not so frequently as with listening only on a ML product.

The problem with changing tracks when using only an ML product is reproduced in my dealers labo, and seems to be still under investigation at B&O's development team. To be continued...

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,169
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Mon, Sep 21 2015 9:32 AM

Normann:

Chris:

Normann:

Hi Normann,

B&O offered us today a new update. The Moment is now running SW 1.3.8.1055-1.3.308.76908994

It looks Normann already get this update on September 14th. As he said, I also don't now what it fixes compared to the earlier August 25 update. The same information appears on my screen:

- Some new functions to search on Deezer & TuneIn.

- Open 'Radio' or 'Discover' and push a second time on the button.

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,534
Bronze Member
When I was playing around with the moment on the weekend I did a whole word search and the moment was quick and snappy
Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,169
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Tue, Sep 22 2015 11:58 AM

Chris:

B&O offered us today a new update. The Moment is now running SW 1.3.8.1055-1.3.308.76908994

It looks Normann already get this update on September 14th. As he said, I also don't now what it fixes compared to the earlier August 25 update.

Follow up on this update, the update involves:

The yellow triangle notifying informing of elements that require attention now provides more information.

The start-up time for PatternPlay has been improved.

Missing images for Deezer search results.

Other improvements as well as bug fixes

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
Posts 1,714
Gold Member
mbolo01 replied on Wed, Sep 23 2015 9:53 PM

Beroli:
I can not give any recommendation to use a DLNA-NAS instead of a Twonky-based-Server.

Fortunately my Synology reached its end of service and I just replaced it with a QNAP.
The Synology Media Server app has never been a good friend of the Moment (I have several tickets with BeoCare on this), the Twonky app on QNAP was a major decision criteria in my NAS replacement.
My first impression after one day:

• It is much more faster to process my 31000+ tracks (the new CPU and the 4Gig of RAM are helping too)
  • There more consistency in album cover's management
  • Surprisingly, the sound quality is much more better (could be due to the latest Moment firmware that came at the same time, I really don't know)

Regarding the latest firmware, I have no clue about what fixes were added on top of the August one that corrected at least one of the bug I reported.

Cheers,

Jérôme

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

vlohjr1
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 473
Bronze Member
vlohjr1 replied on Wed, Sep 23 2015 11:01 PM
mbolo01:

Fortunately my Synology reached its end of service and I just replaced it with a QNAP. The Synology Media Server app has never been a good friend of the Moment (I have several tickets with BeoCare on this), the Twonky app on QNAP was a major decision criteria in my NAS replacement. My first impression after one day: It is much more faster to process my 31000+ tracks (the new CPU and the 4Gig of RAM are helping too) There more consistency in album cover's management Surprisingly, the sound quality is much more better (could be due to the latest Moment firmware that came at the same time, I really don't know)

Regarding the latest firmware, I have no clue about what fixes were added on top of the August one that corrected at least one of the bug I reported.

Cheers,

Jérôme

Good to know jerome thanks which model is it please?
Sal
Top 75 Contributor
California, USA
Posts 1,197
Bronze Member
Sal replied on Wed, Sep 23 2015 11:03 PM

Yes, please what is the QNAP model? Inquiring minds want to know.  :-) Thank you!

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
Posts 1,714
Gold Member
mbolo01 replied on Thu, Sep 24 2015 6:52 AM

QNAP TS-251-4G with QTS 4.1.4 and Twonky 8.1.1

As I said, first impressions are very good, but I'm sure issues will start at some point, so please don't take it as THE perfect setup :-)

First caveat: I was not able to find how to create my own playlists with the Twonky GUI, where I could with the Synology app

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
Posts 1,714
Gold Member
mbolo01 replied on Thu, Sep 24 2015 7:32 AM

one important point I forgot to mention: QNAP and Twonky are what BeoCare are using to test what we report on NAS/DLNA behavior, at least in my cases, so I influenced my NAS choice too :-)

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,169
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Mon, Oct 5 2015 4:42 PM

B&O offered us today a new update . Now on SW 1.3.9.1061 - 1.3.308.76908994

Update Information for now:

Looks like somebody in Struer fixed the 'Discover' search window.

Anything more?

Beroli
Top 200 Contributor
Germany
Posts 315
Bronze Member
Beroli replied on Mon, Oct 5 2015 4:57 PM

Hi Chris,

you are really fast. Thank you for the information. I will test it tomorrow.

Have a nice evening.

Cheers

MircoHH
Top 500 Contributor
Germany
Posts 258
Silver Member
MircoHH replied on Mon, Oct 5 2015 10:12 PM

Yes, that's it! The discover Info is fixed. 

Nothing more changed!

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
Posts 1,714
Gold Member
mbolo01 replied on Tue, Oct 6 2015 10:30 AM
Today's BeoMusic IOS app update has fixed the iPad keyboard issue

Beroli
Top 200 Contributor
Germany
Posts 315
Bronze Member
Beroli replied on Tue, Oct 6 2015 4:42 PM

Today I did the update myself, my first 3 attempt to start the update were not successful. The system software-update showed a very odd 1.3.9.1061-null instead of a real version digits. After using the paperclip on the Soundheart/Jukebox everything went smooth. Most important - the whole content is still there - including all playlists and all covers.

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,169
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Wed, Oct 28 2015 9:14 AM

The R&D team at B&O is developing and bringing new updates at lightning speed now. Latest was at October the 5th, they fixed the 'discover' screen and probably some bugs.

This morning we received again another one, it means two updates in one months time. It is a large and important one, hopefully it will fulfill the problems we had with NAS-Server connections.

The Moment is now running on: SW 1.4.4.1072 - 1.4.326.201687851

This is what my screen tells me:

- Better response to the interface.

- Solution for NAS content problems.

- Connectivity between Jukebox & Soundheart.

- Log sending problems fixed.

- Solution to radiologo's not showing.

- Line speakers connectivity without the need for Powerlink.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,218
Founder
elephant replied on Wed, Oct 28 2015 9:28 AM
Chris:

Line speakers connectivity without the need for Powerlink

Via software ?

Impressive !

BeoNut since '75

koning
Top 25 Contributor
holland
Posts 4,203
Bronze Member
koning replied on Wed, Oct 28 2015 11:09 AM

Only gapless music playback and it is perfect😉

w5bno123
Top 150 Contributor
London
Posts 578
Bronze Member
w5bno123 replied on Wed, Oct 28 2015 12:50 PM
The clicking noise on the oak side has now reappeared so you know when you've pressed something, hallelujah!!!
dueno
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 98
Bronze Member
dueno replied on Wed, Oct 28 2015 1:06 PM

still blurr and crop on album art

Page 5 of 19 (750 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL