The Moment software version Release Notes

This post has 749 Replies | 13 Followers

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,167
Bronze Member
Chris Posted: Fri, Feb 20 2015 7:08 PM

I'm very curious in getting the release notes about the different Software Versions for the Moment who come almost weekly. Who nows what the changes are?

Momentarily I'm having SW 1.0.10.937-10.207.235566614

The B&O Dealer told me expected date for adding Multiroom is May 2015, launched together with a very small box that you can plugin in the ML link to replace eventually the necessary Audiomaster. Cost of the small power-unit will be around 100 euro.

"Believe nothing you read and only half of what you see, let your ears tell you the truth."

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 12,281
Bronze Member

Chris:

... May 2015, launched together with a very small box that you can plugin in the ML link to replace eventually the necessary Audiomaster. Cost of the small power-unit will be around 100 euro.

Aha - the 'NL/ML Converter Light', that I have been waiting for a couple of years now.....if I understand you right Confused

Please do investigate more, if you can.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

kimhav
Top 500 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 171
Gold Member
kimhav replied on Fri, Feb 20 2015 8:03 PM

Very interesting; definitly a step closer to buy the Moment with a NL/ML Convert Light added to the BnO produkt portfolio.

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,167
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Fri, Feb 20 2015 8:04 PM

Millemissen:

Aha - the 'NL/ML Converter Light', that I have been waiting for a couple of years now.....if I understand you right Confused

Please do investigate more, if you can.

MultiRoom will be integration to all products: NL + ML. Means you can use the Moment on more NL products at the same time. And use the same commands on your remotes you are using now for the Moment. Will you have the possibility to listen at different sources with Multiroom? Yes, only with NL products not with ML-products. But thats good news, it means you will have the possibility to use further the ML-link as it is now and integrate the Moment into this link.

The NL/ML converter gets un update to make it possible to distribute the Moments NL sources into the ML, but you will need also a small powerbox to plug into the ML line anywhere, this box will give the necessary current to the ML-link to keep it working in case the old Audiomaster is removed.

I am planning to remove my BS3200 so my Dealer asked B&O,answer was keep the BS3200 momentarely until delivery of that box.

If it really will be necessary to get that box in case you keep the old Audiomaster is a question, could be that the old audiomaster HAS to be removed from the ML-link and replaced by that box. Expect more info in the coming weeks!

"Believe nothing you read and only half of what you see, let your ears tell you the truth."

lonfred
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 200
Bronze Member
lonfred replied on Fri, Feb 20 2015 8:11 PM
"The NL/ML converter gets un update to make it possible to distribute the Moments NL sources into the ML"

I cross my fingers that this will work gently. If it does and I am able to use the old sourse buttons for different playlist, net radio etc then I will use my BC2 as an DVD player and go for an Moment as master!
Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,167
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Fri, Feb 20 2015 8:36 PM

lonfred:
If it does and I am able to use the old sourse buttons for different playlist, net radio etc

My dealer is not expecting miracles from the ML-link, it will be probably very basic and no more as chose music or radio, next or previous station/song, start-stop. The more complex searching and commanding options you will have to make from a BeoMusic app where you now already can choose in the menu to send commands to the Moment or Essence, if you have both. But even if the very basic commands are possible, I would be delighted for my ML use at home.

lonfred
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 200
Bronze Member
lonfred replied on Fri, Feb 20 2015 8:42 PM
Hoppfully also a good integration with the Beolink app! That would be really great.
Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,338
Bronze Member

What does Coverter Light even mean?  Is it a light switch?  Or more like a Apple Airport extending the network?

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 12,281
Bronze Member

Com'on!

The 'Converter Light' was my description of, what I had understood from, what Chris initialy wrote.

Certainly not an actual, official product!*

And - from what Chris added, I now see, that the 'normal' NL/ML Converter will still be needed, if you want to integrate NL and ML.

The 'small box', he mentioned, is more like a replacement for an ML-AudioMaster, in case you don't have any anymore...and you want to keep your existing ML structure (is that right, Chris?).

The new possibilities of the coming sw-updates are already 'known' and/or have been mentioned in different threads on the forum.

I think we will see some interesting things - and ways to use our setups - in the next months!

*Maybe I shouldn't have used that concept.

I have already seen it in another thread - oh my gosh!

MM

w5bno123
Top 150 Contributor
London
Posts 525
Bronze Member
w5bno123 replied on Fri, Feb 20 2015 9:28 PM
Aussie Michael:

What does Coverter Light even mean? Is it a light switch? Or more like a Apple Airport extending the network?

It sounds like it's a new replacement to the old BeoLink Convertor allowing you to inject the BeoSound Moment into an existing ML cabled system without the need of a physical audio master. Sounds very promising as an interim product to bring existing clients into the new domain. Big Smile
Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,167
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Fri, Feb 20 2015 9:30 PM

Millemissen:
is more like a replacement for an ML-AudioMaster, in case you don't have any anymore...and you want to keep your existing ML structure

This was indeed the answer we get...asked B&O,answer was keep the BS3200 momentarely until delivery of that box.

In case anyone is interested or not convinced in what tablet is used on the Moment... its Android (no specs.) See the pic....

EDIT: If anyone wonders how many wireless toys we have in a household of 4 people, we had 18 now with the Moment 20, speaking of electromagnetic pollution in buildings .... I feel my head already swelling Crying

Yendys
Top 200 Contributor
Sydney
Posts 305
Bronze Member
Yendys replied on Fri, Feb 20 2015 9:34 PM
Chris:

The B&O Dealer told me expected date for adding Multiroom is May 2015, launched together with a very small box that you can plugin in the ML link to replace eventually the necessary Audiomaster. Cost of the small power-unit will be around 100 euro.

YES it seems they have listened and realise many of us have ML around our houses and will migrate to NL over time.

When that small box/ML Link to replace Audiomaster is released that's the Moment I'll pull the trigger.
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 12,281
Bronze Member

I don't think, that it is because 'they have listened'.

I am sure, that this has been planned for a long time.

Now is the right time for releasing it - when a new audio product is being released, which could replace the old ML-audiosystem.

It is a fact, that B&O always have thought of existing costumers. It is surely not the first time, they have released a 'backwards compatible solution'.

MM

Yendys
Top 200 Contributor
Sydney
Posts 305
Bronze Member
Yendys replied on Fri, Feb 20 2015 9:45 PM
Yes all true MM but dealers here know nothing about it and were unable to answer my questions about how I would integrate the moment into my ML'd house. And now a solution seems to be finally confirmed
Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,320
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Fri, Feb 20 2015 9:49 PM

Chris:

... May 2015, launched together with a very small box that you can plugin in the ML link to replace eventually the necessary Audiomaster. Cost of the small power-unit will be around 100 euro.

Cool. That was the piece I realized I was missing when I removed my Audiomaster in my ML setup. I bought a second life  Beolink Converter Type No 1611 for like 40 euro and that is working well. 

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5 Office: Beocom 2 Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 12,281
Bronze Member

It is the first time this is mentioned on Beoworld - I did not know of it.

The 'Chris-dealer' seems to be a bright guy - I suppose other dealers will learn about it...sooner or later.

MM

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 12,281
Bronze Member

@ Chris

Could you, please find out, what the official name for this 'small box' is?

MM

Luke
Not Ranked
Brisbane Australia
Posts 59
Bronze Member
Luke replied on Mon, Feb 23 2015 9:46 AM

What's the latest SW version people are running now?

BL90, BL5 x 2, BL9, BL8000 x 2, Penta III x 2, Penta II, BL2, BL4, BL2500, RL6000 x 3, MS150, MS150.2, A9, A1, A2, P2, Beolit 12/17, S70, CX50, CX100, Beovox 2500, BS9000 x 2, BS3000, BS4, BC2, BS1,  Moment, Essence MkII x 2, BS5 Encore, BG8002, BC8002, BM8002, BG5500, BV7-40 MkIII, BV11-55, BV Avant 85", BC5, H8, E8, Form 2, A8...Serene

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,167
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Mon, Feb 23 2015 9:56 AM

Just checked.

As I mentioned above stil SW 1.0.10.937

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,167
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Tue, Feb 24 2015 12:30 PM

Lol, just received answer from BeoCar in connection with my question about Playlists adding in to the Jukebox, I can see them on the Beomusic but not on the Jukebox.

Thank you for contacting Bang & Olufsen Customer Service regarding your new BeoSound Moment. We are sorry to hear that you have been experiencing a few issues regarding playlists.

The BeoSound Moment is compatible with the following formats:
MP3 (all) or VBR / CBR 32 -> 320kbit
WMA, both VBR and CBR 20 -> 320kbit (No support for WMA Lossless)
AAC (ISO and ADTS) -> 320kbit
ALAC general + 88.2, 96 kHz
PCM (WAV) general + 88.2, 96 kHz
FLAC, 8-96 kHz, 16 or 24 bits, 2 channels

I must kindly ask that you contact your Bang & Olufsen retailer for further assistance, as it is, unfortunately, very difficult for us to assist from a distance. I am sure that your retailer will be more than happy to help you.

Kind regards,
..................................... | Customer Service

BeoBoy68
Top 75 Contributor
FRANCE
Posts 1,233
Bronze Member
BeoBoy68 replied on Tue, Feb 24 2015 1:15 PM
@ Chris

What response ! It is shameful !

The BeoCare service is really rubbish. No - thumbs down

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 12,281
Bronze Member

How would - please - a non-shamefull answer/non-rubbish service be - in your opinion?

MM

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
Posts 11,593
Bronze Member
Puncher replied on Tue, Feb 24 2015 3:09 PM

Millemissen:

How would - please - a non-shamefull answer/non-rubbish service be - in your opinion?

MM

Firstly, it should address the actual question posed and secondly it should provide a satisfactory answer!

I agree that posting some non-related specs and then fobbing you off to your dealer is rubbish! .......................... unless they intend renaming the department as "Bang & Olufsen Customer Diservice "!

Ban boring signatures!

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 12,281
Bronze Member

When I have a problem with my car, I don't call/writethe costumer-care of the car company - I go/drive to the shop, where I bought the auto, and ask my question there.

That is what I would have done, if I had a BS Moment (and had problems with it).

MM

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,167
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Tue, Feb 24 2015 3:31 PM

MM, I did not expect any other answer from BeoCare, they have no glass bulb... I mentioned in a message that my dealer is still waiting to get training about the Moment, or could you say training to about two online-session he had?

So time for me to search everything by myself. First time wireless install of the Moment is, probably my case will not be the only one, a bit complicated if you already have an other NL product installed on your tv (the NL/ML converter). At best you remove completely the existing NL product in your tv and install the Moment as a first product. Before I removed my other NL product the Moment was not finding any tv at all in the install menu ( no connected speakers).

Let me give you an update on creation of playlists. If you want a playlist from your own music, best thing you can do is create yourself a m3u file and place it in the root music directory on Twonky. If it appears on the webpage of Twonky, a minute or so later it appears in the screen of the Jukebox. Good and easy solution!

I removed one of playlist I made myself at 13.00 hour and nothing was disappearing on the playlist window of the Jukebox, although it disappeared almost immediate from the BeoMusic app. screen. Now some tree hours later its also disappeared from the screen of the Jukebox. The Jukebox is really missing some kind of pointer or counter in the screen, to see if there is a refresh in progress from the server. 

If you now what I mean, for most people it will be confusing. It gives you a feeling that you've done something wrong if you don't have a visual control. I now know if a change is noticeable on the BeoMusic app, it will also become visual on the Jukebox, only you have to wait.... a reasonably long time!

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
Posts 11,593
Bronze Member
Puncher replied on Tue, Feb 24 2015 4:18 PM

Millemissen:

When I have a problem with my car, I don't call/writethe costumer-care of the car company - I go/drive to the shop, where I bought the auto, and ask my question there.

That is what I would have done, if I had a BS Moment (and had problems with it).

MM

It's decided then, close the department they call "Customer Service" and replace them with a recorded message saying "ask your dealer".

Nice one!

Ban boring signatures!

MartinW
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 389
Bronze Member
MartinW replied on Tue, Feb 24 2015 4:26 PM
The current software version for Moment is 1.0.207 released 11th Feb 2015. If your Moment isn't updating to this - it needs a factory reset. This should have been done by your installer on first setup, unless you installed it yourself?

The factory reset stops the Moment looking for a internal server inside the factory, and sets it to look at the international server.

B&O did publish this information when the Moment was released, and there is a sheet telling the installers to do this on first install inside every Moment box.
BeoBoy68
Top 75 Contributor
FRANCE
Posts 1,233
Bronze Member
BeoBoy68 replied on Tue, Feb 24 2015 4:44 PM

Customer information:

For the next updates in May 2015, each BeoSound Moment will be delivery in parts.

Please follow the instruction manual to mount yourself the BeoSound Moment.

If you have any problems, Please call the Bang & Olufsen Customers Diservice ! Yes - thumbs up

Beosound Moment is like Lego toys ! Enjoy your new brick ! Big Smile

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 12,281
Bronze Member

Puncher:

Millemissen:

MM

It's decided then, close the department they call "Customer Service" and replace them with a recorded message saying "ask your dealer".

Nice one!

Over the years I have contacted the BeoCare some times (not many times).

I have put my question/s and have asked if it could kindly be passed on to someone in Struer, who deals with such issues.

Almost every time I have been (mail)contacted from a person with more insight in the specifics of my question and have gotten an answer.

Some times I even have written back with more questions or supplying details - and have had a response on that too.

I can't say that I ever have had a 'shamefull answer' or have experienced a 'rubbish service'.

So, I'd say - of course B&O should maintain the BeoCare service.

I prefer to use it gently - and have experienced, that asking my dealer has led to a quick answer, since he has the direct phone numbers to some of the guys up there.

MM

Raeuber
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
Posts 2,542
Bronze Member
Raeuber replied on Tue, Feb 24 2015 5:21 PM
I contacted Beocare last year before Christmas regarding BeoRemote One. Last week after two months I got an answer. First they told me they would be happy that I'm interested in the new remote. Then they asked me to contact my dealer if I have a question next time. At last they answered my question and I went to my dealer to buy BR One. But the answer was WRONG, so I had to bring back the remote to my dealer because it didn't work with my setup.

This is a good example for Beocare service, this is for sure not a bad service, this is NO SERVICE. Next time I will ask my dog!

Regards

Räuber
BeoBoy68
Top 75 Contributor
FRANCE
Posts 1,233
Bronze Member
BeoBoy68 replied on Tue, Feb 24 2015 5:26 PM
@MM

Customer Service from Bang & Olufsen was excellent many years ago, when Bang & Olufsen had subsidiaries in each country.

Today, it is simply not !
KMA
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 576
Bronze Member
KMA replied on Tue, Feb 24 2015 6:15 PM
Maybe B&O have outsourced the BeoCare Customer Service to one of the infamous "Customer Service Providers" (basically contact centers) that handle all kinds of businesses, often without required knowledge or competence? If so, costs have been saved in the wrong place.

Or maybe people at BeoCare know way too little about the Moment, too – after all, its capabilities and functions (or lack thereof) seem to baffle even the seasoned B&O enthusiasts (and dealers).

After the design of the Moment grew on me, I was briefly excited about the product – until the reports of the software issues and the lack of basic functions started to surface.

I hope the Moment will have its moment, perhaps after X number of software updates, but as it is today, the product seems like a disaster. In my view, it's another beta out of the production lines. Customers seem to be doing the testing, reporting issues and even finding fixes to them by themselves.

KMA

B&O product history since 1991: Ridiculously long to list in a signature.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 12,281
Bronze Member

BeoBoy68:
@MM

Customer Service from Bang & Olufsen was excellent many years ago, when Bang & Olufsen had subsidiaries in each country.

Today, it is simply not !

Last time I contacted Beocare was May 2014 - same friendly attitude as before.

My contacts were definitely sitting in Struer - writing in my native language (danish).

MM

BeoBoy68
Top 75 Contributor
FRANCE
Posts 1,233
Bronze Member
BeoBoy68 replied on Tue, Feb 24 2015 10:30 PM
@ MM

1- you were lucky or you have your personnal contact

2- Danes are better treated like foreigners
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 12,281
Bronze Member

If I was lucky, I was lucky several times - which is unlikely.

I have no personal caontacts to anyone at BeoCare.

I doubt that they would treat danes different - they are very international minded at B&O in Struer.

MM

BeoBoy68
Top 75 Contributor
FRANCE
Posts 1,233
Bronze Member
BeoBoy68 replied on Wed, Feb 25 2015 1:40 AM

MM pretend to have obtained satisfaction by Customer Service everytime. Strange.

If another person was happy all time like him by CS, please write us some words. Thanks.

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,320
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Wed, Feb 25 2015 12:32 PM
BeoBoy68:

MM pretend to have obtained satisfaction by Customer Service everytime. Strange.

If another person was happy all time like him by CS, please write us some words. Thanks.

Actually I have the same experience as MM. Have sent a couple of questions re Moment (advised by my dealer to do so) lately.

Received well formulated answers fairly quick, and the Danish name in the email had an address at B&O Struer.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5 Office: Beocom 2 Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
Posts 11,593
Bronze Member
Puncher replied on Wed, Feb 25 2015 12:53 PM

Hiort:
Received well formulated answers fairly quick, and the Danish name in the email had an address at B&O Struer.

Which is what I would have expected, so why the brush off to the poster above (Chris)??

Ban boring signatures!

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,167
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Sun, Mar 1 2015 8:38 PM

Will make another mail to Beocare, but I think to now the answer already... 

The Moment connected to my V1 wireless.

Sometimes when starting the Moment it can't make a connection with the V1, the TV starts up and the following message appairs on the screen: 'trying to make a connection'.

I thought it was a bad wireless handshake, so made last Friday a solid connection with cat7 between my switch and The Moment.

This was a lot better, connection between the both (TV & Moment) now occurs in 99% correct. I'm struggling with that 1%,

This evening it occurs again that The Moment did not made the connection when starting music.

• - After a little wait, I'm pushing the radio button on my remote, waiting for connection + sound from the radio.
  • - Now I push the music button, then it makes connection and I get sound.

I suppose the answer will be to install a seperate network in my home dedicated to B&O, if so, it could be a problem of traffic on my network now.

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,167
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Tue, May 5 2015 2:49 PM

B&O offered us yesterday a new update. The Moment is now running SW 1.1.0.990-1.1.256.24423866

Most important changes what you notice within everyday use, are a bettered volume handling, and a much bettered ON-OFF connection to Nl-sources.

Further a lot of bugs are resolved: DHCP-connection, DLNA update function...

And particularly bad news for those who are waiting, as I do: The scheduled multiroom update is not for week 20 but week 25. Sad

Page 1 of 19 (750 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL