Beovox Speaker Setup/Height/Tilt

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Cooker
Top 500 Contributor
116 Posts
Bronze Member
Cooker posted on Sun, Feb 8 2015 8:06 AM

Hi all, I've been playing around with my M75 speakers and want to know what other peoples setups are and what their thoughts are.

I set up the M75's as per the B&O instructions, with the middle of the bass driver inline with my ear whilst seated (did this with a straight edge and string) etc etc.

Here are my dimensions,,,

Speaker height from the floor to the bottom of the speaker cabinet - 44cm

Speaker height from the floor to the top of speaker cabinet - 108.5cm

Distance measured between left and right speakers (middle of bass drivers) - 190cm

Distance from front middle of the stand to front of couch - 250cm

Distance from front middle of the stand to my ear - 300cm

Height from the floor to my ear listening level - 90cm

Speakers are facing straight forwards and speaker tilt is 0.

0 meaning that it is pretty much just whatever tilt is built into the stands, the gap at the back of the speaker between the cabinet and support adjusting pole is even, at 2.5cm from top to bottom.

So that's the current setup. STEREO separation is good, but what I've found is that when I stand up, the music sounds better and has more Bass. When I sit on the couch the Bass is pretty much non existent. I even tried standing on the couch and the Bass is still strong. Seems to be that the higher I go, the deeper the Bass?

Even though I have the speaker setup as per the manual, are they maybe a bit to high?

Should I lower them or introduce any tilt? I know the obvious answer is to just do it and try, but I had them 10cm lower with slight tilt backwards and the same thing was evident, that's why I meticulously set them up higher as per the manual and introduced 0 tilt.

Obviously the room makes a difference to acoustics as well.

I just want to know if my setup is way off what most people setup is like. Doesn't hurt to try a different setup.

Thanks

All Replies

Cooker
Top 500 Contributor
116 Posts
Bronze Member

Wrote description for one of the measurements wrong.

Should read...

Distance from speaker to my ear - 300cm

NOT Distance from front middle of the stand to my ear - 300cm

Cooker
Top 500 Contributor
116 Posts
Bronze Member

Wrote description for one of the measurements wrong.

Should read...

Distance from speaker to my ear - 300cm

NOT Distance from front middle of the stand to my ear - 300cm

chartz
Top 25 Contributor
Burgundy, France
4,032 Posts
Gold Member

B&O speakers do have specific stands so I have never really had any thoughts about that. I just use the stands, which I assume put them in the optimal position.  

Jacques

Cooker
Top 500 Contributor
116 Posts
Bronze Member
Cooker replied on Sun, Feb 8 2015 10:12 AM

Yes I have the genuine stands and have set them up as stated.

They are height and tilt adjustable, there is no "default" position.

DMacri
Top 100 Contributor
United States
875 Posts
Gold Member
DMacri replied on Sun, Feb 22 2015 5:19 PM
I think you have placed your ears at seated height on a bass null point. A little movement of the speakers closer or farther from their current position may be all that's needed. Bass has a way of settings up complex room modes. There are ways to calculate these, but sometimes it's easier to use trial and error to find the right spot.

Dom

2x BeoSystem 3, BeoSystem 5000, BeoSystem 6500, 2x BeoMaster 7000, 2 pair of BeoLab Penta mk2, AV 7000, Beolab 4000, BeoSound 4000, Playmaker, BeoLab 2500, S-45, S-45.2, RL-140, CX-50, C-75, 3x CX-100, 3x MCL2 link rooms, 3x Beolab 2000, M3, P2, Earset, A8 earphones, A3, 2x 4001 relay, H3, H3 ANC, H6, and ambio 

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL