Beovision 11 or avant

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 64 Replies | 1 Follower

jabr35
Not Ranked
9 Posts
Bronze Member
jabr35 posted on Thu, Feb 5 2015 8:26 PM

I would like to buy my new beovision 55 inch but I don't know which television to buy. I don't care about UHD, I can't see the difference anyway. Which tv is best?

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

mawheele
Top 500 Contributor
256 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by olvisab
BeoGreg:

My store as more 11 than Avant on display does that make the 11 a better tv then ?

Oops. Hope they sort that out soon.

All Replies

Marcello
Top 500 Contributor
210 Posts
Bronze Member

Sal:

I don't claim to say that the BV11 is better than the Avant, nor do I think the Avant is better than the BV11, they both have their advantages, but it all comes down to what the user will value.

My wife and I value something we can buy and it looks good, and will function well for years, we don't have to fiddle with it, don't have to be concerned with moving it, etc. (ie. stand positions)... As for 4K, we don't care. We're happy and will be happy with our lowly 1080p (which will still kick the ass of any other non B&O TV in it's class).

In then end we're receiving a Beovision 11 next week. We were moved by the design, build quality, ease of use, sound, modularity (ie. we can change the speaker grill to different colors should we want to). Heck, if we wanted to we could at a likely significant cost, change the frame from our ordered black to silver if we wanted to as well. And we valued the fact that we wouldn't have to be worried about some of the issues that MkI avant users have posted here as well. 

I just ordered a BV11-55 for exactly the same reason. We currently have a BV10-46 hooked up to two BL6000. The new one will replace the 10. 

It took us since May 8th last year to decide and the 11 is simply the right combination between design (and context), and tech, for us of course. Yes it's not 4K but I'm not too concerned either..

I will pick it up in Italy (with the new EUR/CHF rate, the deduction of the Italian VAT and the additional CH VAT it still cheaper by the thousands, including renting a van for the day... sorry Swiss dealers you need to bang on B&O's door to implement VAT-based pricing..).

I hope I will be able to setup the easel stand by myself - the instructions make it seem pretty easy :)

jabr35
Not Ranked
9 Posts
Bronze Member
jabr35 replied on Sun, Feb 8 2015 11:02 AM

My wife and I went to the local B&O shop yesterday to compare the BV 11 and Avant. In our opinion, the two TV's are very identical in sound and picture quality when using a 1080p source. We tested the time it takes for the TV's to start YouTube app and the it seemed that BV11 was ready with YouTube app before Avant. It is not important for me to have a TV and speakers that move. 

We liked the build quality of the BV11 including the aluminum frame all around the TV.  With the BV11 TV mounted on a floor stand and standing with some distance from the TV, visually it seems that the TV is floating in the air.
I think I will go and order the BV11 next week. Thanks to you guys for you opinions.
Paul W
Top 50 Contributor
London
1,810 Posts
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Sun, Feb 8 2015 12:25 PM

Great choice Jabr35! 

After experiencing the constant disappointment of pure unreliability with the sliding glass door on my Century, i'd never consider those moving speaker things on the Avant. The Avant is a TV. The BV11 is a timeless design classic. You won't be disappointed.

Sal
Top 75 Contributor
California, USA
1,197 Posts
Bronze Member
Sal replied on Sun, Feb 8 2015 3:05 PM

Marcello:

I hope I will be able to setup the easel stand by myself - the instructions make it seem pretty easy :)

Congrats on the purchase!

I'm setting it up myself as well. Though, I have a friend on standby if I can't get the TV atop the styrofoam to insert the two feet by myself. Good luck, and please post pictures of your setup.

mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
921 Posts
Bronze Member
Sal... Mine came in today!

It's incredible. Pardon my mess.

Sal
Top 75 Contributor
California, USA
1,197 Posts
Bronze Member
Sal replied on Tue, Feb 10 2015 4:39 AM

mjmedlo:
Sal... Mine came in today!

It's incredible. Pardon my mess.

Mine is set to come in later this week, the easel stand is being delivered via separate carrier, so hopefully I'll have pictures soon... and forget about the mess, that television classes up any living room. Congratulations! Stick out tongue

I'd love to see the entire setup with those sweet Lab 1's when you get a chance.

Ramasjang
Not Ranked
53 Posts
Bronze Member
Hi

Does anyone know if the new software update added any new features to the BV 11?
Jonathan
Not Ranked
San Francisco
4 Posts
Bronze Member
Jonathan replied on Mon, Feb 16 2015 11:29 PM

I worked at a B&O location that for eight hours a day I could compare the two pictures and sound. I would personally purchase the BV11 over the avant. I think the sound on the bv11 is better as a center channel,  the extra speakers on the avant are useless if you have additional surround sound speakers. I am of the belief that products with moving parts will become a liability over time. Wall mounted there is no question the bv11 looks better on the wall, it is sits much closer to flush versus the avant. I also prefer the bv 11 floor stand's cable management. But i would not get the bv11 d model, thats at least what the call it in the us, it does not have a usb port in the top panel any longer and I dont like the magnetic grills, at the magnet locations they collect dust and ruin the grill cloth if you go for a lighter color. It will be many years before the broadcast tv companies have the infastructure to show 4k content. But thats just my humble opinion. 

"She likes the boys in the band, she said that I'm her all time favorite" -Rick James

mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
921 Posts
Bronze Member
@rams. What specific features are you looking for?

It has everything but n. Radio now.
Ramasjang
Not Ranked
53 Posts
Bronze Member
mjmedlo:

@rams. What specific features are you looking for?

It has everything but n. Radio now.

I am missing the n.Radio Stick out tongue
BeoGreg
Top 75 Contributor
South of France
1,413 Posts
Bronze Member
Ramasjang:

I am missing the n.Radio

Your not alone !
mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
921 Posts
Bronze Member
mjmedlo replied on Tue, Feb 17 2015 12:59 PM
I don't believe the n radio was pushed to the 11. Only the avant.
Sal
Top 75 Contributor
California, USA
1,197 Posts
Bronze Member
Sal replied on Tue, Feb 17 2015 4:02 PM

mjmedlo:
I don't believe the n radio was pushed to the 11. Only the avant.

I wonder what the rationale was with that omission? I hope it wasn't a business case, that they thought they could sell more Avants vs 11's based on N.Radio availability.

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Badsey, UK
3,441 Posts
Bronze Member
A bit more of the same news on UHD players..

http://www.t3.com/news/new-ultra-hd-blu-ray-format-confirmed-for-4k-video

Beovision 11-55, Beolab 2, Beosound 2(old Skool) Beolit 15, Beoplay A2 Active

Raeuber
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
2,542 Posts
Bronze Member
Chris Townsend:

A bit more of the same news on UHD players..

http://www.t3.com/news/new-ultra-hd-blu-ray-format-confirmed-for-4k-video Beovision 7-55 Mk2, Beovision 8-32, Avant RF 28, Beolab 8000, Beolit 12, Beoplay A2, Beocom 2, Beotime, H6, Form 2.

Thanks for the info.

But how long we'll have to wait until an ULTRA HD BLURAY PLAYER will be integrated in Avant? Until 2025, what do you think?

Räuber
Page 3 of 5 (65 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL