rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 10 Replies | 1 Follower

andersnaeser
Not Ranked
8 Posts
Bronze Member
andersnaeser posted on Thu, Jan 8 2015 11:01 PM

Hello everybody

What is the best amplifier/tuner (Beomaster/Beocenter) for Beovox CX100?

Beovox CX100, as I see it, is some of the most classic B&O speakers, and I think the best choice would be Beomaster 4500 or Beocenter 9500.

What would your choice be?

-Anders

All Replies

SlyParma
Top 500 Contributor
Italy
126 Posts
Silver Member

The cx100 sound terrible! Pretty... but the sound is a shame.

Think of another model.

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
2,326 Posts
Silver Member
I have them, and they are pretty nice as long as they are refurbished.

I had a Beovox Cona before, and the sound was amazing..

"You think we can slap some oak on this thing?"

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,481 Posts
Bronze Member

I'd rather just answer the question:

You can choose either of those - pick the one, that you like the most.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,575 Posts
Bronze Member
Interesting because I was just offered to buy a pair of BeoVox C75 yesterday and I have always wanted the aluminum/black combo BeoVox so I'm probably going to. It's a funny project to change the foam also.

I thought the sound would be good but perhaps it is not? And as the thread starter I also am curious about how to power them. (I don't even know where to put them).

Beolab 50, Beolab 8000 x 2, Beolab 4000 x 2, 
BeoSound Core, BeoSound 9000, BeoSound Century, 
BeoLit 15, BeoPlay A1, BeoPlay P2, BeoPlay H9 3rd Gen, BeoPlay H6, EarSet 3i, 
BeoVision Eclipse Gen 2 55", BeoPlay V1-40, 
BeoCom 6000 and so much else :)  

Ben_S
Top 150 Contributor
UK
631 Posts
Bronze Member
Ben_S replied on Fri, Jan 9 2015 12:36 PM

They don't sound terrible at all. They are a bookshelf speaker so obviously they won't have the same sound qualities as a larger more powerful model, but for their size they are rather good.

I use mine with a Beosystem 5500 with a Beovox Cona. This set up sounds great in my bedroom and works really well together as well as looking great.

Other systems which would work well with it are Beosystem 5000, 4500 or virtually any other system from 80s or early 90s.

Ben

Ben_S
Top 150 Contributor
UK
631 Posts
Bronze Member
Ben_S replied on Fri, Jan 9 2015 12:43 PM

If you are considering some, I would concentrate on their physical appearance. They are pretty reliable models other than the usual foam rot problems which has been detailed many times before on this forum. Have a search.

That can be fixed fairly easily though with some new foams. They were one of B&O's longest serving models and for good reason. They were very good in both design and function.

Ben

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
2,281 Posts
Gold Member

I use CX100's with a BC9500 + Cona and enjoy them very mich.  I refoamed mine and they don't sound 'awful' at all.  With the correct placement and room size, they are excellent bookshelf speakers.

As for what choice of amp (which was the original question) - any amp from that period if you want to keep originality such as those mentioned by the OP and others' plus the BM3500.  They also work well with any of the stackable systems - sounding and looking good.

My first choice would depend on the location and aesthetics related to that rather than the sound produced from an amp/speaker combo.

Dave.

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,575 Posts
Bronze Member

Dave Farr:
I use CX100's with a BC9500 + Cona and enjoy them very mich.  I refoamed mine and they don't sound 'awful' at all.  With the correct placement and room size, they are excellent bookshelf speakers.

Nice to hear. I don't want the Cona, just the C75´s. And I dont have a BeoCenter anymore and I don't think I want to go back to that either. I guess a BeoLink Passive is the best way to go or just buy a used NAD 214 or any other nice amp. 

Beolab 50, Beolab 8000 x 2, Beolab 4000 x 2, 
BeoSound Core, BeoSound 9000, BeoSound Century, 
BeoLit 15, BeoPlay A1, BeoPlay P2, BeoPlay H9 3rd Gen, BeoPlay H6, EarSet 3i, 
BeoVision Eclipse Gen 2 55", BeoPlay V1-40, 
BeoCom 6000 and so much else :)  

andersnaeser
Not Ranked
8 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks for the replys, I didn't even know the Beovox Cona existed, it looks really nice.

As for the amplifiers, it looks like my own suggestions is a okay choice. As for the beocenter 9500: I think it is a very beautiful and I believe it's powerful as well (even more than the 4500), but the outdated tape recorder doesn't suit what I am looking for. B&O is all about suiting your needs in a very high quality way, and nobody has been using tapes for years. If B&O how quick tapes disappeared from the market, they would never have incorporated them in their systems. One of the reason B&O is so expensive is because they last for so many years, tapes didn't.
The same goes for the Beosystem 5500, which I believe is the most powerfull of the all the amplifiers mentioned in this thread. Unfortunately I don't need the lp player or tape recorder. 

Ben_S
Top 150 Contributor
UK
631 Posts
Bronze Member
Ben_S replied on Tue, Jan 13 2015 2:43 PM

Absolutely right to go with what suits you best!

I do still use tapes though, as I'm sure a few others on here do! I understand exactly what you mean though, go with what you will need the unit for.

Ben

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL