Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Beoplay H8

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 3 verified answers | 662 Replies | 19 Followers

Emil Jensen
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
723 Posts
Bronze Member
Emil Jensen posted on Tue, Jan 6 2015 6:21 PM

Beoplay H8

Beovision Harmony 77" 2nd Gen, Beolab 5, Beolab 17, Beosound 1, Beoplay M3, Beoplay H6, Beoplay Earset, Beoliving Intelligence 

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
2,282 Posts
Silver Member
Verified by ellesofia

My H6´s just went on my local selling site :P

"You think we can slap some oak on this thing?"

riverstyx
Top 100 Contributor
SouthWest UK
935 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by k3wt

k3wt:

Would it be possible to use H7 ear pads on the H8?

Hi k3wt,

No, they are not interchangeable, I tried this on a pair in store a while ago.

Kind Regards,

Martin.

Roger
Top 200 Contributor
Norway
417 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) Roger replied on Mon, Feb 1 2016 4:32 PM
Verified by Mirzoni

This just in from Struer:

Bluetooth reception improvements have been implemented in production from serial number:
Gray Hazel: serial number 2524849 (w1542), and
Argilla Bright: serial number 25120775 (w1543).
BeoPlay H8 Black and Natural are per definition OK from start with improved Bluetooth reception.
Anyone that can confirm this? For the rest of us, knowing that the receiver is in the right H8 cup should help a little (put the phone in the front right pocket, not the left one) - but it would be even better if they have actually solved the issue all together from these S/N´s.
Roger

All Replies

Mirzoni
Not Ranked
Sweden
39 Posts
Bronze Member
Mirzoni replied on Tue, Jun 14 2016 10:50 PM

I on the other hand got confirmed from the BeoCare that the upgrade is actually a hardware upgrade - not a software one. An old s/n H8 has dropouts no matter firmware version. As simple as that.  :/

One has to be persistent with B&o customers support and demand a new s/n replacement. 

Mirzoni
Not Ranked
Sweden
39 Posts
Bronze Member

Oooops - it 's quite the opposite. Old s/n h8 has dropouts no matter what the firmware version.

BeoET
Not Ranked
76 Posts
Bronze Member
BeoET replied on Wed, Jun 15 2016 10:35 AM

Sorry for the hiccups on the last page - I used the "Quick Reply", and it resulted in 3 identical posts... Tried to delete 2 of them via "My Activity", but that didn't work.

BV Eclipse 65, BV5, BS Core, BL5, BL8000, BS9000, Beolit 12, A1, A2, P2, H8, H9i, H7, E8

SoundsGood
Not Ranked
Hamburg
16 Posts
Bronze Member

another question.... has anybody test to pair the H8 with more then one device? Example: If I pair the H8 with a iPad, iPhone and/or Mac ... can i easily switch between all 3 Devices or must I re-pair my Device and the H8 every time if I switch my device?

Thanks Thomas

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,219 Posts
Founder
SoundsGood:

another question.... has anybody test to pair the H8 with more then one device? Example: If I pair the H8 with a iPad, iPhone and/or Mac ... can i easily switch between all 3 Devices or must I re-pair my Device and the H8 every time if I switch my device?

Thanks Thomas

I have paired it with this phone and the ATV and MacBook.

Earlier I had used my H8s with the iPhone.

When powered on again they connected to the iPhone.

I switched to ATV and then MacBook by disconnecting (via config / setup in) the previous device and connecting in the device.

So iPhone to ATV to MacBook.

Then I powered off the H8 and powered it back on: it connected to the MacBook.

I then powered off the H8.

I then disabled BT on the MacBook.

I then powered on the H8.

After a wait and while I was monitoring the Bluetooth connection status on the iPhone and the ATV the H8 went "nip bop": it had powered itself off.

Conclusion:

Yes you can swap between devices.

The H8 remembers its last device: and seemingly does not search for previously known devices if the last known device is out of range.

You use the sources' controls to disconnect/re-connect.

Technically it's not re-pairing as you don't go through the hunt and connect processes and H8's light is not deep blue.

Hope that helps Smile

Postscript Sad

Later I went to use my H8s with the 2.75 year old iPhone and had difficulty reconnecting to music.

I used BeoPlay to see if it could find the H8s - it appeared to, however I still could not get music to come through.

At one point I even had to H8s listed in the phone's Bluetooth settings.

Eventually I got music playing again.

Thankfully I did not have to use "forget this device".

Conclusion ? Be careful Unsure

BeoNut since '75

k3wt
Not Ranked
20 Posts
Bronze Member
k3wt replied on Thu, Jun 16 2016 10:12 PM

Hi everyone

I am looking for a hard case. The gocase F2 seems appropriate however it appears the H8 look a bit lost inside. Perhaps they are best for H6/H7's.

Is there a more compact version avaliable from any other manufacturer?

BeoET
Not Ranked
76 Posts
Bronze Member
BeoET replied on Sat, Jun 25 2016 11:14 PM

I've got the new replacement H8s after my H8 suffered with dropouts (BeoPlay first sent me a refurbished set that had a SN less than the one I bought before Xmas, but now they sent a complete new set).

The new H8 has serial number 25475xxx, and they work perfectly :-) !  No dropouts when listening to music from the mobile, regardless if the mobile is kept in the pocket (left, back or right) !

Now I'm  really looking forward to use these amazing headphones on my upcoming business trips! 

BV Eclipse 65, BV5, BS Core, BL5, BL8000, BS9000, Beolit 12, A1, A2, P2, H8, H9i, H7, E8

slysy
Not Ranked
5 Posts
Bronze Member
slysy replied on Wed, Jun 29 2016 9:26 AM

I found a shop with the H8 in and was able to try out their demo model. My impressions were:

The look and feel of them is really nice

Bass was good, but as a basshead I would like slightly more

Volume was not as high as I would like. I had them on maximum volume and could comfortably listen. Really I want to be listening on 70%-80%, so I have space to turn them up instead of  being maxed out. I want them to be uncomfortable to listen to at 100%

I found the gestures awkward. Maybe just something you have to get used to.

I could not really test the ANC. The environment was not noisy enough. I noticed a difference in the sound switching it on/off, but couldn't tell how effective it was at blocking outside noise.

In terms of bassy bluetooth headphones with ANC, I haven't found anything better yet. I suppose it's a question of whether I want to drop the ANC requirement and get something with more bass. Not ideal as I will be using them on the train everyday. Or go for Beats which are bassy and have ANC, but I have not heard good things

minnepinne
Not Ranked
1 Posts
Bronze Member

Just got my second replacement headset (Gray Hazel). SN that starts with 2512. Is this not high enough? Does it have to be over 2524 on Gray Hazel?

I still experience small drops in connection when I have my phone in my jeans. And I experience some weird popping noise when walking with ANC on. You are supposed to be able to use this headset with ANC on while walking right?

slysy
Not Ranked
5 Posts
Bronze Member
slysy replied on Mon, Jul 18 2016 9:34 AM

I picked up some H8 black over the weekend. They do make a noise while walking, so I would recommend turning off the ANC. If you need that feature while walking, I would return them and get a different model.

I'm also experiencing a lot of dropouts even though I got the black colour which is supposed to be the improved hardware. Going to try them a little longer before returning them, but not very impressed so far :( Apart from the dropouts I am happy.

Max
Not Ranked
Warsaw, Poland
25 Posts
Bronze Member
Max replied on Fri, Aug 12 2016 7:30 PM

Hi to all,

I've just bought Beoplay H8 and find out that when I turn on Bluetooth and connect to the phone (I tried with two different phones) some noise could be noticed. Is it normal or there should be total silence? When ANC is off it’s much lower but when ANC is on it’s noticeable.

Thank you for your help!

Max

Normal 0 21 false false false PL X-NONE X-NONE
slysy
Not Ranked
5 Posts
Bronze Member
slysy replied on Mon, Aug 15 2016 10:28 AM

Yes, it's normal

iPa64
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member
iPa64 replied on Mon, Nov 7 2016 12:28 PM

Yes, B&O please add the possibility to disable this annoying feature!

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,573 Posts
Bronze Member

iPa64:

Yes, B&O please add the possibility to disable this annoying feature!

You can disable ANC by dragging the finger downwards over the touchpad on the right earpad. You can also use the app for it. It is always enabled by default. I don't see it as a big problem to just swipe downwards. 

Regarding the noice that can be heard in the background, I hear them too and it is probably disturbance from the bluetooth radio chip. It is probably not very well isolated from the other circuitry. This is very apparent also on BeoPlay A1 and a little bit on Beolit 15. It is very easy to hear the radio communication between the bluetooth chip and the phone om H8 if you have good hearing. I wish they worked harder on the RF-side but I don't think that is B&Os strong side unfortunately. 

Beolab 50, Beolab 8000 x 2, Beolab 4000 x 2, 
BeoSound Core, BeoSound 9000, BeoSound Century, 
BeoLit 15, BeoPlay A1, BeoPlay P2, BeoPlay H9 3rd Gen, BeoPlay H6, EarSet 3i, 
BeoVision Eclipse Gen 2 55", BeoPlay V1-40, 
BeoCom 6000 and so much else :)  

iPa64
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member
iPa64 replied on Tue, Nov 8 2016 11:33 AM

I'm speaking about the redial feature with double click 

Page 43 of 45 (663 items) « First ... < Previous 41 42 43 44 45 Next > | RSS