Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Beoplay H8

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 3 verified answers | 662 Replies | 19 Followers

Emil Jensen
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
747 Posts
Bronze Member
Emil Jensen posted on Tue, Jan 6 2015 6:21 PM

Beoplay H8

Beovision Harmony 77" 2nd Gen, Beolab 5, Beolab 17, Beosound 1, Beoplay M3, Beoplay H6, Beoplay Earset, Beoliving Intelligence 

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
2,326 Posts
Silver Member
Verified by ellesofia

My H6´s just went on my local selling site :P

"You think we can slap some oak on this thing?"

riverstyx
Top 100 Contributor
SouthWest UK
937 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by k3wt

k3wt:

Would it be possible to use H7 ear pads on the H8?

Hi k3wt,

No, they are not interchangeable, I tried this on a pair in store a while ago.

Kind Regards,

Martin.

Roger
Top 200 Contributor
Norway
417 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) Roger replied on Mon, Feb 1 2016 4:32 PM
Verified by Mirzoni

This just in from Struer:

Bluetooth reception improvements have been implemented in production from serial number:
Gray Hazel: serial number 2524849 (w1542), and
Argilla Bright: serial number 25120775 (w1543).
BeoPlay H8 Black and Natural are per definition OK from start with improved Bluetooth reception.
Anyone that can confirm this? For the rest of us, knowing that the receiver is in the right H8 cup should help a little (put the phone in the front right pocket, not the left one) - but it would be even better if they have actually solved the issue all together from these S/N´s.
Roger

All Replies

Stan
Top 100 Contributor
Chicago-area USA
840 Posts
Bronze Member
Stan replied on Sat, Mar 26 2016 8:01 PM

Daniel:

Hi there!

I have a pair H8 from last year. No problem with dropouts, so need there for an update of software. "If it ain't broken, don't fix it" is a clever rule. But it would have been nice with battery status on the iPhone. Had som problems when I updated software in A2.

Any problems with updating H8? Should I do it?

I'm in the same boat.  Haven't had drop-out issues and am quite happy with them as is so why risk fate?  Curiosity killed the cat...

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,219 Posts
Founder
Brand recognition: standing st traffic lights and a pedestrian looks at my bag and says: "Bang and Olufsen H8s" ... given how they are packed in the bag I said "Well spotted!""

BeoNut since '75

frean754
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Bronze Member

I have Beoplay H8 (serialnumber 249xxx) with major Bluetooth problems, i cant even have my iphone in my jacket pocket without dropouts. I made an RMA and was told to send to them for repair/replacement.

It was to a german firm which handlded RMA - today i received that they found no problems with them after examining them for 15 minutes (horrible!!) and have returned them to me. I contacted Kasper at beoplay and he said he could do nothing because its up to the repair shop to decide

I dont know what to do, the H8 are usless with the dropouts, and no response from Beoplay. I cant understand how they can examine them for 15 minutes and then decide. When Beoplay confirmed they have Bluetooth rework on the new 252xxx serials

Lycanthrope
Not Ranked
16 Posts
Bronze Member

frean754:

I dont know what to do, the H8 are usless with the dropouts, and no response from Beoplay. I cant understand how they can examine them for 15 minutes and then decide. When Beoplay confirmed they have Bluetooth rework on the new 252xxx serials

You could buy a new set from Amazon, then return the old ones within 30 days... You can argue whether this is morally correct or not, but sounds like you've been treated badly by B&O in this case.

Mirzoni
Not Ranked
Sweden
39 Posts
Bronze Member

So, I mailed B&O this morning explaining the BT reception problem, mentioning it has already been acknowledged by them. My hazel Gray H8 pair is unfortunately in the "old" part of serials and they have been purchase a week ago. The pitch is to have them replaced as well as the audio cable for the one touch cable. We'll see how this goes. Either way I'm very grateful for all the info that has been shared in this thread.

i like the sound signature, ANC works great on my daily commutes to job. Trying to make slightly softer steps and it help with on-the-go listening. They do the job much different then my Bose QC25, I personally like the dynamics and punchiness. Have both H7 for home listening mainly and H6 that stay at the office so I am getting the full B&O headphone daily sound spectrum. :)

As well as others, I'll post here B&O customer service reply here - hope to be of assistance to some other H8 owners!

Cheers!

mr_score
Not Ranked
3 Posts
Bronze Member
mr_score replied on Mon, Apr 11 2016 10:38 AM

UPDATE: 

Got a brand new pair delivered from B&O, although it took 5 days (!) for UPS to deliver them... In Sweden/Stockholm UPS really sucks! Morons working there, or rather huge management problem not doing anything to rectify their poor work. Entertaining to read their google reviews: 1,2 average score out of 5... Whistle

Anyway, guess I got a H8 lemon first time around.  The new pair seem to work much better and I don't get high pitched squeaks anymore when handling/touching them. Not all that impressed with the ANC though, but better than nothing.

Maybe I had to high expectations after I tried a military grade NC once at a previous work place some 10 years ago. That was true NC! Didn't hear anything around me! And it was so cool when they activated position hearing on the signal and put on a Miles Davis tune that travelled 360' around me from below to over my head! Surprise   That processing power should be pretty cheap nowadays and possible for consumer market, but maybe not?

Mirzoni
Not Ranked
Sweden
39 Posts
Bronze Member

RMA BeoPlay H8 - Update:

BeoCare replied to my email after four days in a very professional manner, even appologizing for a delay in answer. They aknowledge the problem with BT-reception, although in a very mild manner :)  :

"It is correct that the BeoPlay H8 has received a slight hardware improvement, which seems to have improved the Bluetooth in the headphones."

They did offer me to send my H8 for a diagnostics so UPS collected them in Stockholm the day after. They are now on their way to the B&O diagnostics centre in Germany and will be either replaced or returned. That remains to be seen.

Hope I'll get a pair of new one's with the hardware improved reception - my H8s audio does drop out a lot when they are in trousers or in any pocket virtually.

About the cable - BeoCare did not give a reasonable explanation of including just audio cable (with no mic & control) in the box. Audio cable from my H7 works perfectly with H8 for example. They did not however forget to remind me that I can puchase such cable from B&O, which I find slightly offensive. Marketing a product of this level with such a price should include flawless cable replacement without feeling of being drained for a few extra bucks. Too cheap for such a Brand if you ask me.

So, now it's a waiting game - I already miss my H8  :)

Mirzoni
Not Ranked
Sweden
39 Posts
Bronze Member

Update: 

I just received the message from B&O acknowledging the BT-failure with my pair of H8 and they did send me a refurbished pair of H8 ... with EVEN OLDER S/N than one I had sent under RMA!

No way these can have firmware upgrade so - bad news for now.

Such a waste of time... really an amateur level so far.

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,575 Posts
Bronze Member
Michael replied on Tue, Apr 19 2016 11:32 AM
Mirzoni:

Update:

I just received the message from B&O acknowledging the BT-failure with my pair of H8 and they did send me a refurbished pair of H8 ... with EVEN OLDER S/N than one I had sent under RMA!

No way these can have firmware upgrade so - bad news for now.

Such a waste of time... really an amateur level so far.

If they are refurbished, how do you know they didn't change the electronics to the new revision? Unsure

Beolab 50, Beolab 8000 x 2, Beolab 4000 x 2, 
BeoSound Core, BeoSound 9000, BeoSound Century, 
BeoLit 15, BeoPlay A1, BeoPlay P2, BeoPlay H9 3rd Gen, BeoPlay H6, EarSet 3i, 
BeoVision Eclipse Gen 2 55", BeoPlay V1-40, 
BeoCom 6000 and so much else :)  

Mirzoni
Not Ranked
Sweden
39 Posts
Bronze Member
Mirzoni replied on Tue, Apr 19 2016 11:51 AM

True - I don't know that for fact. and I personally find it highly unlikely. I guess someone from B&O should have at least notified me.

..and it doesn't feel right knowing my 252xxxxx being replaced with 247xxxxx. They are older (used?) and refurbished. Not new or one-week old as those I sent them - that is the fact. 

Beoplay customer service from DK advised me to specifically address the hardware improved S/N issue to return-support in B&O Germany who are handling the RMA. It is just getting messy. I feel like I have been doing their job due to lack of any coordination between B&O different departments.

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,575 Posts
Bronze Member
Michael replied on Tue, Apr 19 2016 12:02 PM
Mirzoni:

True - I don't know that for fact. and I personally find it highly unlikely. I guess someone from B&O should have at least notified me.

..and it doesn't feel right knowing my 252xxxxx being replaced with 247xxxxx. They are older (used?) and refurbished. Not new or one-week old as those I sent them - that is the fact.

Beoplay customer service from DK advised me to specifically address the hardware improved S/N issue to return-support in B&O Germany who are handling the RMA. It is just getting messy. I feel like I have been doing their job due to lack of any coordination between B&O different departments.

I agree. You should tell them about it. I find it odd to replace new stuff with refurbs. Especially headphones due to hygiene etc.

Mirzoni
Not Ranked
Sweden
39 Posts
Bronze Member
Mirzoni replied on Tue, Apr 19 2016 12:29 PM

@Mikael, I presume you handled your RMA also via B&O in Germany? Any tips? :)

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,575 Posts
Bronze Member
Michael replied on Tue, Apr 19 2016 12:45 PM
Mirzoni:

@Mikael, I presume you handled your RMA also via B&O in Germany? Any tips? :)

No, I live in Sweden (but I'm actually half German!). My retailer swapped them out for a new pair, no questions asked.

Mirzoni
Not Ranked
Sweden
39 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Michael,

Sorry for misspelling your name - thanx for the info. 

It felt safer to report it to B&O then try my luck explaining my concerns to MediaMarkt personnel. I hope it works out anyway...

Regards from Sweden!

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,575 Posts
Bronze Member
Mirzoni:

Hi Michael,

Sorry for misspelling your name - thanx for the info.

It felt safer to report it to B&O then try my luck explaining my concerns to MediaMarkt personnel. I hope it works out anyway...

Regards from Sweden!

Ah no worries :). I hope everything will work out to the best. I'm also in Schweden Smile

Page 36 of 45 (663 items) « First ... < Previous 34 35 36 37 38 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL