Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Beoplay H8

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 3 verified answers | 662 Replies | 19 Followers

Emil Jensen
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
576 Posts
Bronze Member
Emil Jensen posted on Tue, Jan 6 2015 6:21 PM

Beoplay H8

Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 5, Beolab 17, Beosound 1 Google assist, Beoplay M3, Beoplay H6, Beoplay Earset 

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
2,067 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by ellesofia

My H6´s just went on my local selling site :P

riverstyx
Top 100 Contributor
SouthWest UK
932 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by k3wt

k3wt:

Would it be possible to use H7 ear pads on the H8?

Hi k3wt,

No, they are not interchangeable, I tried this on a pair in store a while ago.

Kind Regards,

Martin.

Roger
Top 200 Contributor
Norway
416 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) Roger replied on Mon, Feb 1 2016 4:32 PM
Verified by Mirzoni

This just in from Struer:

Bluetooth reception improvements have been implemented in production from serial number:
Gray Hazel: serial number 2524849 (w1542), and
Argilla Bright: serial number 25120775 (w1543).
BeoPlay H8 Black and Natural are per definition OK from start with improved Bluetooth reception.
Anyone that can confirm this? For the rest of us, knowing that the receiver is in the right H8 cup should help a little (put the phone in the front right pocket, not the left one) - but it would be even better if they have actually solved the issue all together from these S/N´s.
Roger

All Replies

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,387 Posts
Bronze Member

I've noticed that the noise cancelling on my newer black H8s is very weird compared to my previous pair. It makes a very high pitched noise and if I push slightly on the headphones it makes a very sharp and loud high frequency noise. It might be a new design but my old pair didn't sound like that. It seems to remove very much bass and introduces this strange noise. 

By the way, regarding the USB-cable: My old pair came with a very long cable that was very matte (using a material known to get sticky by time) and the new ones came with a very short and handy cable that I think is made of a higher quality material. 

Beolab 50, Beolab 20, Beolab 8000 x 2, Beolab 4000 x 2, 
BeoSound Core, BeoSound 9000, BeoSound Century, 
BeoLit 15, BeoPlay A1, BeoPlay P2, BeoPlay H9i, BeoPlay H6, EarSet 3i, 
BeoVision Avant 55, BeoPlay V1-40, 
BeoCom 6000 and so much else :)  

k3wt
Not Ranked
20 Posts
Bronze Member
k3wt replied on Fri, Feb 19 2016 1:27 PM

Actually my current pair of older H8 ones make that high pitched sound too

Mathias_MM
Not Ranked
7 Posts
Bronze Member

Michael:

I've noticed that the noise cancelling on my newer black H8s is very weird compared to my previous pair. It makes a very high pitched noise and if I push slightly on the headphones it makes a very sharp and loud high frequency noise. It might be a new design but my old pair didn't sound like that. It seems to remove very much bass and introduces this strange noise. 

By the way, regarding the USB-cable: My old pair came with a very long cable that was very matte (using a material known to get sticky by time) and the new ones came with a very short and handy cable that I think is made of a higher quality material. 

Have you tried to take the ear cushions off and put them back on?
I've seen some people report that this can help with ANC issues. 

k3wt
Not Ranked
20 Posts
Bronze Member
k3wt replied on Fri, Feb 19 2016 2:21 PM

It happens sometimes when I either adjust the headband or press down on the headband piece. It must be some interference with the antenna. Thought that they would fix it on these newer ones... oh well.

I have a new pair of Natural coloured ones on the way. Wish they did an argilla bright with silver metal, rather than gold

k3wt
Not Ranked
20 Posts
Bronze Member
k3wt replied on Fri, Feb 19 2016 2:22 PM

It happens sometimes when I either adjust the headband or press down on the headband piece. It must be some interference with the antenna. Thought that they would fix it on these newer ones... oh well.

I have a new pair of Natural coloured ones on the way. Wish they did an argilla bright with silver metal, rather than gold

linder
Top 100 Contributor
United States
983 Posts
Bronze Member
linder replied on Fri, Feb 19 2016 2:52 PM

Duels:

Just received an email saying black and natural are available.  The new colours are on the website now too.

Will pick up a black pair from @Sheffield when they are in

I received an email about the black H8s being available.  I ordered a pair online with Beoplay and will receive them on Monday.  I will be able to compare the H8 with a pair of Beats Studio wireless noise cancelation headphones which I plan to give to my wife.

I wish I could go to a Bang & Olufsen store to buy the H8s but there are now too few stores left in the US.

justlikepoison
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Bronze Member

Sounds like a defect. My first pair of H8's did the same thing, but my replacement pair was fine.

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
2,415 Posts
Gold Member
Duels replied on Sat, Feb 20 2016 7:14 AM

linder:

I wish I could go to a Bang & Olufsen store to buy the H8s but there are now too few stores left in the US.

my dealer is ten minutes walk from home  I'm very lucky  (or maybe that was good planning on my part )

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
2,415 Posts
Gold Member
Duels replied on Sat, Feb 20 2016 8:08 PM

Can anybody tell me where the h8 battery meter appears on an iPhone screen

davieav
Not Ranked
chester UK.
48 Posts
Bronze Member

top right hand corner.

Mikael
Top 500 Contributor
Denmark
157 Posts
Bronze Member
Mikael replied on Sat, Feb 20 2016 9:12 PM

For a detailed view, swipe down from the top of the screen to access the notification center.

But be advised, it seems that the H8 is reporting the battery in steps. So it might show 100% for quite some time.

Beoplay V1 with Beo4, Beolab 14.4 and ATV4/Chromecast.

Beoplay A2, A9mki (w/ Chromecast Audio), H2, H3, H8.

mr_anders_son
Top 75 Contributor
sweden
1,612 Posts
Bronze Member

Got my replacement today! yeahhh

BeoVision Eclipse 55"...BeoLab 5 FRONT....BeoLab 4000 as REAR....BV5 HD....Beoplay V1-40....BV10-32....BC6-26....Beosound 9000....Beosound 1 New York edt....Beosound Stage....Beoplay S3....BeoRemote One BT....Beo6....Beo4....Beo4 Cinema....BeoLink 7000....Serene....H9i Rimowa....6 x H6....Form 1....U70...

linder
Top 100 Contributor
United States
983 Posts
Bronze Member
linder replied on Tue, Feb 23 2016 6:42 PM

Yippee!  I received my new black H8s today.  The sound is very detailed and clear.  No problems.

Schuifschoen
Not Ranked
Rotterdam
55 Posts
Bronze Member

I am really shocked. This is not the Bang & Olufsen from the past.

Thibault
Not Ranked
22 Posts
Bronze Member

Just wanted to let you guys know that I also experienced the super loud high pitch sound a few times with my H8 (serial #24XXXXX). It was actually so high and loud that my ear hurt for a few hours afterwards (that's of course on top of the bluetooth connectivity issues). Returning my H8 (which are already a replacement pair) this weekend!

Page 33 of 45 (663 items) « First ... < Previous 31 32 33 34 35 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL