Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Beoplay H8

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 3 verified answers | 662 Replies | 19 Followers

Emil Jensen
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
576 Posts
Bronze Member
Emil Jensen posted on Tue, Jan 6 2015 6:21 PM

Beoplay H8

Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 5, Beolab 17, Beosound 1 Google assist, Beoplay M3, Beoplay H6, Beoplay Earset 

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
2,067 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by ellesofia

My H6´s just went on my local selling site :P

riverstyx
Top 100 Contributor
SouthWest UK
932 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by k3wt

k3wt:

Would it be possible to use H7 ear pads on the H8?

Hi k3wt,

No, they are not interchangeable, I tried this on a pair in store a while ago.

Kind Regards,

Martin.

Roger
Top 200 Contributor
Norway
416 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) Roger replied on Mon, Feb 1 2016 4:32 PM
Verified by Mirzoni

This just in from Struer:

Bluetooth reception improvements have been implemented in production from serial number:
Gray Hazel: serial number 2524849 (w1542), and
Argilla Bright: serial number 25120775 (w1543).
BeoPlay H8 Black and Natural are per definition OK from start with improved Bluetooth reception.
Anyone that can confirm this? For the rest of us, knowing that the receiver is in the right H8 cup should help a little (put the phone in the front right pocket, not the left one) - but it would be even better if they have actually solved the issue all together from these S/N´s.
Roger

All Replies

Daniel
Top 75 Contributor
Svinarp, Sweden
1,574 Posts
Bronze Member

elephant:
My early June H8s do drop out.

However I still love them.

I now use them both wired and unwired.

I have not worked out why sometimes they drop out and sometimes with seemingly similar activities they are rock steady.

Still their noise reduction (on ear isolation), noise cancelling, and bass make them a great buy - for me.

Thank you for your answer!

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,504 Posts
Bronze Member
elephant:

My early June H8s do drop out.

However I still love them.

I now use them both wired and unwired.

I have not worked out why sometimes they drop out and sometimes with seemingly similar activities they are rock steady.

Still their noise reduction (on ear isolation), noise cancelling, and bass make them a great buy - for me. BeoNut since '75

I also use them wired and wireless. Mainly wired as I think it preserves the battery.

They paid for themselves on my trip to Hong Kong and Japan with the noise cancelling on the plane.

What colour did you get?

Konichiwa from Hiroshima
elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,218 Posts
Founder
elephant replied on Mon, Aug 10 2015 11:01 AM
Aussie Michael:

They paid for themselves on my trip to Hong Kong and Japan with the noise cancelling on the plane.

What colour did you get?

Ditto for the 14 non-stop hours from LAX to MEL ...

If they'd had them in Love Collection livery I would have gone for that ...

Instead a chose a "match" to the H6 ... with idea that in coupled mode we'd look great together Big Smile

BeoNut since '75

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,504 Posts
Bronze Member
Agila Bright is very Tokyo zen decor going from my experience on this holiday ;-)
MrRoast
Top 200 Contributor
335 Posts
Bronze Member
Hello all,

I was thinking about buying some H8s and so have read the threads and heard all about the dropouts some are having. Understandably I was a little apprehensive about parting with £400 with the issue still looming.

With that in mind I went into the dealer today to physically try a pair with my iPhone 6 and I thought I'd share my experience.

Pairing the headphones was a doddle and with the phone on the table the H8 sounded great! However, I had a dropout as soon as I put the phone in my jeans pocket and then repeatedly if I put my hand on or near my phone. When I took the headphones off to show the dealer they played fine so can only summise that when you have the headphones on your head it reduces the signal to the phone enough for a hand to cause the dropouts.

Sadly, as I really want a pair of wireless B&O headphones (that work without me having to hold my phone in my hand), it's made me decide to wait until the next generation to see if the situation is any better.

As I said some folks seem to be having no issues at all so would just advise people to test them out first!
BeoPer
Not Ranked
10 Posts
Bronze Member
BeoPer replied on Tue, Aug 18 2015 5:35 PM

Just picked up my new pair and it seems like I cannot charge them. Wherever I try I just gets a rapidly flashing red lamp. Left them over night same result. B&O support told me to return them to shop. Anyone had the same issue?

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,387 Posts
Bronze Member
Perhaps try remove the battery for a few minutes and then connect it again. And then the cable to charge. Do you use a charger with high enough capacity? Try another charger otherwise.

Beolab 50, Beolab 20, Beolab 8000 x 2, Beolab 4000 x 2, 
BeoSound Core, BeoSound 9000, BeoSound Century, 
BeoLit 15, BeoPlay A1, BeoPlay P2, BeoPlay H9i, BeoPlay H6, EarSet 3i, 
BeoVision Avant 55, BeoPlay V1-40, 
BeoCom 6000 and so much else :)  

BeoPer
Not Ranked
10 Posts
Bronze Member
BeoPer replied on Tue, Aug 18 2015 7:07 PM

Thanks, but no different. Tried several iPad/iPhone chargers + three computers. 

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,387 Posts
Bronze Member
Strange thing but then they probably are defective in some way. But you'll be happy when you get a working pair :).

Mikael
Top 500 Contributor
Denmark
157 Posts
Bronze Member
Mikael replied on Wed, Aug 19 2015 7:29 AM

peryngfalk:

Just picked up my new pair and it seems like I cannot charge them. Wherever I try I just gets a rapidly flashing red lamp. Left them over night same result. B&O support told me to return them to shop. Anyone had the same issue?

I had a very similar problem. 

The first time I charged them everything was working as it should. After the first charge was used up, and I tried to charge them up again the problems started. 

I had the same red flashing as you describe. But I also had a sequence where it flashed orange as it should for about 3-5 flashes, but was interrupted by 3 red flashes. That sequence just repeated itself.

I tried different chargers. IPhone, iPad, 3. party, my car. As far as I could tell it acted differently based on the power output. I never got it to work though.

All of this happened during a holiday abroad, so I couldn't really do anything about it. When I came home I tried plugging it in again, and apparently it started charging as intended. But I didn't was a faulty device, so I got a replacement by my local dealer. 

Beoplay V1 with Beo4, Beolab 14.4 and ATV4/Chromecast.

Beoplay A2, A9mki (w/ Chromecast Audio), H2, H3, H8.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,424 Posts
Bronze Member
leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
2,067 Posts
Bronze Member
On our four-hour flight to Spain, I had to reconnect to the H8's five times, and my girlfriend had to reconnect to the H8's three times. The Bluetooth-connection simply disappears, and the H8's has to be manually chosen within Bluetooth setting in our iPhones.
Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,387 Posts
Bronze Member

leosgonewild:
On our four-hour flight to Spain, I had to reconnect to the H8's five times, and my girlfriend had to reconnect to the H8's three times. The Bluetooth-connection simply disappears, and the H8's has to be manually chosen within Bluetooth setting in our iPhones.

Happens daily for me. I'm replacing mine when I have time (which I rarely do).

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
2,067 Posts
Bronze Member
Just feels so wrong coming in with three units to complain about (2xH8+1 A2) Surprise
elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,218 Posts
Founder
Michael:

Happens daily for me. I'm replacing mine when I have time (which I rarely do).

Usually only happens at the start of a session so I am learning to live with it.

Using H8s wired in to the airline's system was 14 hours of uninterrupted bliss for me.

BeoNut since '75

Page 19 of 45 (663 items) « First ... < Previous 17 18 19 20 21 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL