rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 6 Replies | 0 Followers

glen fowles
Top 500 Contributor
cardigan
75 Posts
Bronze Member
glen fowles posted on Wed, Nov 19 2014 12:51 PM

Hi everyone,my beolab penta 3 speakers are connected to a beomaster 5500 stack system amplifier.

What setting should the power mode switch be set to,i currently have mine set on left and right, is this correct?

many thanks glen.

All Replies

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
2,265 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Glen,

the user manual for Pentas states that if they are connected to a BM5500, they should be set to 'LINK' on the power mode switch.

Dave.

glen fowles
Top 500 Contributor
cardigan
75 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi dave, thanks for your reply.

On my penta power mode switch i only have OFF-AUTO-L-R, no link setting,so which of these do i set it to.

Many thanks glen.

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
2,265 Posts
Bronze Member

Connect them to the 'speaker 1' outputs = the upper 2 outputs on the back of the BM5500., left to left and right to right and switches according to left and right.  That should do it.

Dave.

Beofile7
Not Ranked
60 Posts
Bronze Member

Sorry, that is not correct. The L/R refers to powerlink connections as both channels arrive at the speaker. With the 5500 there is no powerlink, only speakerlink. So the correct setting is auto. This will give a delay of approx 30 seconds for the speaker to switch off after shutting down the 5500.

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
2,265 Posts
Bronze Member

I haven't got this set-up so only went from the user manual for the BM5500 which is why I gave my explanation.  I'm sure the OP will have it up and running as it's only the slide of a switch.

Dave.

glen fowles
Top 500 Contributor
cardigan
75 Posts
Bronze Member

Okay, thanks guys for all your help.

Many thanks glen.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL