Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Spotify connect player for BS5

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 121 Replies | 8 Followers

beolion
Top 200 Contributor
481 Posts
Gold Member
beolion posted on Wed, Nov 5 2014 6:19 PM

Hi

It does not looks like we are going to get Spotify Connect for BS5 ;-(

However, does anyone know that the cheapest system is that I can get to have Spotify Connect?

I then want to attach the system to the USB interface of my BS5, so I dont need a Spotify Connect speaker.

Just like PM or Airport Express with audio out, just also including Spotify Connect.

Thanks.

All Replies

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,374 Posts
Bronze Member

beojeff:

I'm curious about adding the Chromecast dongle to my BeoSound 5. Provided that you have your BeoSound 5 source set to AUX, are you able to include the dongle in casting from WITHIN the BeoX App, BeoMusic App, or BeoLink 2 App? I know that adding an NL converter would be the ideal solution, but the ability to include the dongle in chrome casting from within a B&O app would be a nice workaround (provided that one has at least one NL multi-room product).

You can group a ChromeCast Audio dongle connected to any aux-port (which mean also to the line-in of the BS5) with the ChromeCast part of one or more B&O NL device/s.

You must use Google Home for that.

But that does not turn your BS5 into a NL device and you will still have to activate A.Aux to get sound from the BS5 and to control the volume.

A workaround, yes - but it limits you to the cast feature, and you must deal with 3 control points: the cast-enabled app, the B&O app and the B&O physical remote (alternatively the controls on the BS5).

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

MJBeo
Top 500 Contributor
Netherlands
266 Posts
Gold Member
MJBeo replied on Mon, May 22 2017 9:44 AM

I am always doubting if I should start saving for a second hand BS5. I listen to spotify most of the time, CD's and vinyl. I currently have a setup with playmaker to my BM5500, but I am not too happy with the ipad or iphone as a controller. I'd rather use a steel weel of BS5 or a beo4 remote. However, the spotify on the BS5 appears to have similar functionality to the app on my 1st generation iPad, without the "my music" section with saved albums, but instead only "favourites" and "playlists" and "radio". Is that correct?

The lurking danger is that spotify will abandon these old devices, so buying a BS5 would then not the be a good investment for me. Unless it is possible to hack it to be more future proof?

beolion:
I have a Chromecast Audio connected to the UCA222.

I do also have Spotify Connect installed.

Both works fine for me.

Are you saying you installed something on the BS5 that enables spotify connect? I am pretty sure you did not mean that, but since it is a windows machine it should be possible (I got it working on my Beomedia1, although I did not get the sound output right away and I stopped working on it).

Thanks

Beosound 5 Encore + BL14.4; Beosystem 5500; BV7-40 MKV + BL7.1 + AppleTV4 + Lintronic -23; various link rooms with MCL2 A or MCL2 A/V + RL60.2 / CX100 / CX50 & Cona / S45.2 / IWS2000; BG4000; Beosystem 1200 + BV1600.

Gary Nelson
Not Ranked
United Kingdom
52 Posts
Silver Member

Is this a work around?

Bit of a gamble, could trash the whole kit and caboodle..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/B-O-Beosound-5-Spotify-OEM-activation/302615250912?hash=item46754647e0:g:kfsAAOSwvktaZ7Rm

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,374 Posts
Bronze Member

Was already discussed several times on the forum.

The maker also participated here - in fact he announced the solution here a while ago.

Some users did it/bought it - and seem to be contend.

MM

Lars Alsbjerg
Not Ranked
Århus, Denmark
18 Posts
Silver Member

would be nice of him to publish the solution...Smile

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,374 Posts
Bronze Member

Probably no longer available - or vanished?

Have a look at rhis thread:

https://forum.beoworld.org/forums/t/26408.aspx?PageIndex=1

MM

beolion
Top 200 Contributor
481 Posts
Gold Member
Lars Alsbjerg:

would be nice of him to publish the solution...

I have Spotify installed on BS5 directly and use this for Spotify Connect using A.AUX.

No covers though :-)
ethuijs
Not Ranked
65 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Lars, 

does this stil work? 

What version did you install?

How did you connect Spotify to A..AUX?

beolion
Top 200 Contributor
481 Posts
Gold Member
Hi

I have installed Spotify on BM5 and use Spotify connect when using a.aux.

However. If you keep Spotify playing while changing to Radio, you will get both sources out ..... feature ;-)

I will check my Spotify version tomorrow evening.

ethuijs
Not Ranked
65 Posts
Bronze Member
ethuijs replied on Sat, Jan 12 2019 10:48 PM

Hi,

I have it working with an old win 32 version of Spotify 0.9.15.27

Took me a wile to find a 32 bit version at a safe download site. They al still in the Spotify forum for as long as they are there.

Link https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Install-amp-Launch-Errors-Error-Code-53-Error-Code-17-amp-This/m-p/699012

Running at service menu I get a warning that in the future this system will not be supported for updates. When the BM5 losses power Spotify has to be started again. I gave Spotify auto start at Windows reboot but this seems not enough.

And I have the "feature you mentioned. " If you keep Spotify playing while changing to Radio, you will get both sources out".

But so far I am happy with it. Thanks!.  

jhamers
Not Ranked
35 Posts
Bronze Member

That solution (installing spotify directly on BS5) stopped working for me few days ago, other people have the same?

jhamers
Not Ranked
35 Posts
Bronze Member

That solution (installing spotify directly on BS5) stopped working for me few days ago, other people have the same?

ethuijs
Not Ranked
65 Posts
Bronze Member

Same problem here. I have posted a topic on Spotify for this problem.

ethuijs
Not Ranked
65 Posts
Bronze Member

No usefull reply from Sptify comunity so far. Spotify still works I discovered. When you start play from the service menu. Music plays when you leave the service menu. Only you can not control Spotify anymore because Spotify Connect stopped working.

ethuijs
Not Ranked
65 Posts
Bronze Member

Has anyone tried to install a Chromecast receiver on the Beomaster 5?

https://developers.google.com/cast/docs/caf_receiver/basic

Page 8 of 9 (122 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL