Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 120 Replies | 8 Followers

beolion
Top 200 Contributor
348 Posts
Silver Member
beolion posted on Wed, Nov 5 2014 6:19 PM

Hi

It does not looks like we are going to get Spotify Connect for BS5 ;-(

However, does anyone know that the cheapest system is that I can get to have Spotify Connect?

I then want to attach the system to the USB interface of my BS5, so I dont need a Spotify Connect speaker.

Just like PM or Airport Express with audio out, just also including Spotify Connect.

Thanks.

All Replies

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
2,195 Posts
Gold Member
Duels replied on Wed, May 3 2017 9:49 AM
gysse2004:

@Duels- is your system back up and running?

Peter

Yes it is other than playlists.
stefan
Top 50 Contributor
200 miles from Struer
2,735 Posts
Founder
stefan replied on Wed, May 3 2017 10:17 AM

Spotify is stll running on my BS5, also with new playlists....

Stefan

beolion
Top 200 Contributor
348 Posts
Silver Member
peterafox:

So I had a look at the Behringer UCA222 (about $60 so not too bad). But I don't understand how you connect, say a Chromecast Audio to it... there appears to only be RCA audio inputs on the UCA222, so do I then need to use a headphone to RCA converter to attach a Chromecast Audio to the Behringer UCA222?

Has anyone setup up a workable Spotify Connect solution directly to BeoMaster 5? Keen to hear some specifics.

Many thanks in advance.

I have a Chromecast Audio connected to the UCA222.

I do also have Spotify Connect installed.

Both works fine for me.

A.AUX is used to activate either of them, however, if music is played on the installed Connect, the Connect music will continue if you switch to ie Radio (double input signals) unless you stop the Connect music first. That is not the case when using the Chromecast.
Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
2,195 Posts
Gold Member
Duels replied on Wed, May 3 2017 12:08 PM
stefan:

Spotify is stll running on my BS5, also with new playlists....

Stefan

What do you mean by " new playlists"?
stefan
Top 50 Contributor
200 miles from Struer
2,735 Posts
Founder

I created two new playlists last weekend with John Mayer songs - btw he`s in Herning, Danmark on Friday and I`ll be there too ! (somebody else?) - on my ipad, and they appear also on my BS5...

Stefan

beojeff
Top 75 Contributor
USA
1,477 Posts
Bronze Member

The search function on mine is now working again.

peterafox
Not Ranked
33 Posts
Bronze Member
Thanks Beolion!

A few questions... How do you connect the Chromecast Audio to the UCA222?

And when using Chromecast do you get any cover art on the BS5 or just the A.AUX input text?
Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
2,195 Posts
Gold Member
Duels replied on Thu, May 4 2017 7:24 AM
peterafox:

Thanks Beolion!

A few questions... How do you connect the Chromecast Audio to the

I posted an answer to this with a link for the appropriate cable after you asked your question yesterday.

beolion
Top 200 Contributor
348 Posts
Silver Member

peterafox:
Thanks Beolion!

How do you connect the Chromecast Audio to the UCA222?: By using a 3.5mm MALE TO 2 RCA MALE AUDIO CABLE (check ebay)

When using Chromecast do you get any cover art on the BS5 or just the A.AUX input text? Yes, that is why I really like the BS5 player where you get the covers.

lano
Top 500 Contributor
161 Posts
Bronze Member
lano replied on Fri, May 5 2017 5:54 AM
How can the BS5 know what's playing on the Chrome cast and show the cover arts if it is only connected with two RCA cables?
beojeff
Top 75 Contributor
USA
1,477 Posts
Bronze Member

While Spotify is now working, I'm finding that N.Radio stations are no longer working. This is so frustrating. Is anyone else finding N.Radio stations to be unavailable?

gysse2004
Top 500 Contributor
Hellerup
164 Posts
Bronze Member

No problem with radio in Denmark. 

Peter

Beovision eclipse 65, Beolab 50, Beolab 18, Beovision 11, Beolab 3, Beolab 2, BeoVision 10, MLGW, BeoLink converter Nl/Ml, Beosound 5, BLGW

nico vercammen
Top 500 Contributor
Elversele, Belgium
161 Posts
Bronze Member
No problem in Belgium ...

Also spotify is working perfect for the last couple of weeks ... had no problems with playlists or stalling Smile

Still hope they continue the support for Spotify ...

Nico
beojeff
Top 75 Contributor
USA
1,477 Posts
Bronze Member

N.Music is now working again in the U.S.

beojeff
Top 75 Contributor
USA
1,477 Posts
Bronze Member

Duels:
peterafox:

Thanks Beolion!

A few questions... How do you connect the Chromecast Audio to the

I posted an answer to this with a link for the appropriate cable after you asked your question yesterday.

I'm curious about adding the Chromecast dongle to my BeoSound 5. Provided that you have your BeoSound 5 source set to AUX, are you able to include the dongle in casting from WITHIN the BeoX App, BeoMusic App, or BeoLink 2 App? I know that adding an NL converter would be the ideal solution, but the ability to include the dongle in chrome casting from within a B&O app would be a nice workaround (provided that one has at least one NL multi-room product).

Page 7 of 9 (121 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL