Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 120 Replies | 8 Followers

beolion
Top 200 Contributor
357 Posts
Silver Member
beolion posted on Wed, Nov 5 2014 6:19 PM

Hi

It does not looks like we are going to get Spotify Connect for BS5 ;-(

However, does anyone know that the cheapest system is that I can get to have Spotify Connect?

I then want to attach the system to the USB interface of my BS5, so I dont need a Spotify Connect speaker.

Just like PM or Airport Express with audio out, just also including Spotify Connect.

Thanks.

All Replies

Trolle
Not Ranked
17 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi,

Please se ignore this post. I managed to install it through a USB stick and it works well. 

BR

Trolle
Not Ranked
17 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi,

Please se ignore this post. I managed to install it through a USB stick and it works well. 

BR

garnaout
Not Ranked
10 Posts
Bronze Member

I am dealing with this right now...  the B&O rep came to my house and confirmed that B&O will not update their support to the Spotify app and admitted about all the bugs they have.  For example, Spotify Playlists no longer work on the Beosound5.

I tried your approach but unfortunately, my BeoMaster isn't connecting to BeoConnect - need to debug that one first

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,278 Posts
Bronze Member

garnaout:

my BeoMaster isn't connecting to BeoConnect - need to debug that one first

No need for 'debugging' there.

The BeoConnect is not supported in newer OS.

Map the BM5 drive on your PC/Mac instead and drag and drop your files from there.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Fl_ip
Top 500 Contributor
155 Posts
Bronze Member
Fl_ip replied on Thu, Apr 6 2017 6:27 AM

We inform you hereby that the Spotify functionality in the near future will be removed from the BeoSound 5.

This change does not only affect Bang & Olufsen products, but also includes other brands that use the Spotify implementations. In addition, Spotify will also send a message to customers who use products to which the amendment refers.

Fl_ip
Top 500 Contributor
155 Posts
Bronze Member
Fl_ip replied on Thu, Apr 6 2017 6:27 AM

-Double

gysse2004
Top 500 Contributor
Hellerup
164 Posts
Bronze Member

Again, where's the information coming from ?

Peter

Beovision eclipse 65, Beolab 50, Beolab 18, Beovision 11, Beolab 3, Beolab 2, BeoVision 10, MLGW, BeoLink converter Nl/Ml, Beosound 5, BLGW

Fl_ip
Top 500 Contributor
155 Posts
Bronze Member
Fl_ip replied on Thu, Apr 6 2017 8:53 AM

Bang & Olufsen Denmark

gysse2004
Top 500 Contributor
Hellerup
164 Posts
Bronze Member

Will it get Deezer instead?

Peter

Beovision eclipse 65, Beolab 50, Beolab 18, Beovision 11, Beolab 3, Beolab 2, BeoVision 10, MLGW, BeoLink converter Nl/Ml, Beosound 5, BLGW

Fl_ip
Top 500 Contributor
155 Posts
Bronze Member
Fl_ip replied on Thu, Apr 6 2017 8:59 AM

No, the solution is to connect an Behringer UCA 222 with an Chromecast Audio or an Essence

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
2,214 Posts
Gold Member
Duels replied on Thu, Apr 6 2017 3:30 PM
Fl_ip:

We inform you hereby that the Spotify functionality in the near future will be removed from the BeoSound 5.

This change does not only affect Bang & Olufsen products, but also includes other brands that use the Spotify implementations. In addition, Spotify will also send a message to customers who use products to which the amendment refers.

If this is true it is very disappointing for a product that was still being sold a couple of years ago.
gysse2004
Top 500 Contributor
Hellerup
164 Posts
Bronze Member

Spoke to my B&O dealer today, and he confirmed that the Spotify support for BS5 is being discontinued.

sad news really. Makes the BS5 a limp product. Looks like the BS Moment is the next natural progression. Still like the look of the BS5 better.

Peter

beoandy
Top 200 Contributor
sissi not kangaroo
295 Posts
Gold Member

96 Normal 0 21 false false false DE X-NONE X-NONE

I bought mine end 2015 from a b&o dealer in vienna. So my beosound5 is not that old. It´s a big shame for b&o if there is no Spotify function in the software in the future. This was the reason for the purchase.

BS Ouverture, BS 9000, AV 9000, Avant 32 DVD, BV9, BV6-22, BS 5, BS 4500, BS 7000, BC 9500, Beo6, BL Penta, F1000, BLGW, etc....

gysse2004
Top 500 Contributor
Hellerup
164 Posts
Bronze Member

Don't know if is any use, but I have disabled auto software updates on BS5. The unit still works, although slow...

Peter

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
2,214 Posts
Gold Member
Duels replied on Thu, Apr 6 2017 9:33 PM
I suspect lifestyle AV will have quite a few BS5s appearing on their site pretty soon. Whilst I bought my BS5 before the Spotify integration happened, I now listen to Spotify much more than my ripped CDs. To lose it after 3 or 4 years is a real backwards step.

So I now have to listen to Spotify through my a2 or a1 rather than BL18s. Not quite the same.
Page 4 of 9 (121 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL