Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Beo 4 - a single remote to control your entire home??

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 5 Replies | 1 Follower

kokomo
Top 500 Contributor
Spain
206 Posts
Bronze Member
kokomo posted on Mon, Sep 29 2014 3:26 PM

Apologies if this has been raised before, but I read this on the B&O site regarding the Beo4:-

"A single remote to control your entire home

With Beo4  you have a remote terminal that makes all others unnecessary.Control virtually any external device: DVD, Blu-ray, NAS, digital receivers or Apple TV, or even your fireplace, alarm or curtains. If you want to put it all together in one place, we provide the only remote you need for your entire home."

Has something changed, perhaps on newer Beo4s? I was always led to believe that the Beo4 could only control B&O equipment and not others unless of course use was made of products such as those supplied by Lintronics etc.

The above statement on the site certainly gives me the impression that the Beo4 is all that is required to achieve control of all devices (to me anyway!).

Thanks.

All Replies

Andrew
Top 100 Contributor
Frinton, UK
822 Posts
Silver Member
Andrew replied on Mon, Sep 29 2014 4:01 PM

Well partly true, provided you use it with B&O or Lintronic equipment capable of controlling other equipment

kokomo
Top 500 Contributor
Spain
206 Posts
Bronze Member
kokomo replied on Mon, Sep 29 2014 4:11 PM

ajames:

Well partly true, provided you use it with B&O or Lintronic equipment capable of controlling other equipment

Like being "Partly Pregnant" then? Still believe the statement is somewhat disingenuous, misleading or at the very least confusing.

Thanks anyway!

mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
921 Posts
Bronze Member
You can in fact control all of your home... With a beolink gateway.

I use the bro remote one and beo4 to control my entire home.

Actually it's pretty simple.

Check out the beolink gateway and the various things it can control. Then add to that the ever growing database of beosystem 4 PUC devices and voila.

kokomo:

Apologies if this has been raised before, but I read this on the B&O site regarding the Beo4:-

"A single remote to control your entire home

With Beo4 you have a remote terminal that makes all others unnecessary.Control virtually any external device: DVD, Blu-ray, NAS, digital receivers or Apple TV, or even your fireplace, alarm or curtains. If you want to put it all together in one place, we provide the only remote you need for your entire home."

Has something changed, perhaps on newer Beo4s? I was always led to believe that the Beo4 could only control B&O equipment and not others unless of course use was made of products such as those supplied by Lintronics etc.

The above statement on the site certainly gives me the impression that the Beo4 is all that is required to achieve control of all devices (to me anyway!).

Thanks.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,658 Posts
Bronze Member

Only 'thing' it can't control is your wife/girlfriend/partner 😊

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,218 Posts
Founder
Millemissen:

Only 'thing' it can't control is your wife/girlfriend/partner 😊

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Correct

They control you

Just like ones lust / love for B&O controls us :-)

BeoNut since '75

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL