rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 29 Replies | 2 Followers

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,410 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort posted on Thu, Sep 18 2014 4:27 PM

I'm swapping my BV10-40 for a BV11-46 and thereby need to join my exiting ML network with NL.

I have discussed with my dealer but I would like the Forums advise as well.

This is my planned setup:

New stuff I plan to add, apart from the BV11:

- Beolink Wireless. That bit is cabled today but it does not look so good.

- NL/ML converter. Obviously needed and part of the deal I´ve done for the BV11.

- Delay box. I will play music on the BL2000 and the BC2 simultaneous, and the delay box will fix that as I understand it.

Some questions:

1. Is it okay to build a network after a Beolink Wireless, or are they intended to use just to connect directly to e.g. a BL3500?
  2. Can the delay box be "tuned" or is it a fixed delay?
  3. Is someone using powerline adaptors between the BV11 and a router when using NL/ML converter. Does it work well?  

Any experience out there that I need to know, or general advise would be awesome.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5 Office: Beocom 2 Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,712 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by Amazone

That is so!

you can also connect an ir-eye and speakers to the converter - and use it as an 'Active Link'.

Nice to know before you decide where to put it.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

All Replies

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,712 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Hiort,

1: as far as I know it is only for a direct connection - and would be too unreliable anyway.

Keep your cables!

2: the relay-box can (and must) be finetuned!

3: no personal experiences, but B&O recommends PowerLine - and even sell the Develo dLAN products in the shops.

MM

DoubleU
Top 150 Contributor
562 Posts
Bronze Member

This drawing is not right. In this setup, the sound from your BC2 played through the BV11 will get delayed twice. (Convertor and Delay-box)

Masterlink from your BC2 should go straight to your NL/ML-convertor. From there expand your ML-network, but start with the delay-box.

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,410 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Thu, Sep 18 2014 9:22 PM

DoubleU:

This drawing is not right. In this setup, the sound from your BC2 played through the BV11 will get delayed twice. (Convertor and Delay-box)

Masterlink from your BC2 should go straight to your NL/ML-convertor. From there expand your ML-network, but start with the delay-box.

Thanks.

When you say "go straight to your NL/ML convertor", what do you actually mean? There is only one ML socket on the NL/ML convertor, right? 

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5 Office: Beocom 2 Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2

DoubleU
Top 150 Contributor
562 Posts
Bronze Member

Your right! There should be a junction box between BC2 and convertor. From junction box go to the delaybox

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,410 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Thu, Sep 18 2014 9:26 PM

Hiort:

DoubleU:

Thanks.

When you say "go straight to your NL/ML convertor", what do you actually mean? There is only one ML socket on the NL/ML convertor, right? 

I just checked the manual and there is one Mastelink socket and one RJ45 on the "Masterlink side" of the converter. Should I connect the BC2 to eg RJ45 and from Masterlink socket go to delaybox and then to rest of the Masterlink network?

DoubleU
Top 150 Contributor
562 Posts
Bronze Member

That might work, as the ML and RJ45 on the "Masterlink side" are equal. Not sure though!

What I meant was like in my modified drawing. I only forgot to draw a junction box..

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,410 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Fri, Sep 19 2014 7:49 AM

DoubleU:

That might work, as the ML and RJ45 on the "Masterlink side" are equal. Not sure though!

What I meant was like in my modified drawing. I only forgot to draw a junction box..

I see what you mean now.

Have done some additional thinking, and have the below amended drawing. I intended to use my Airport Express to get a simpler setup. It is possible to add that to my existing WLAN and use both ports.

Will it be okay for the NL/ML and the TV to be connected that way?

DoubleU
Top 150 Contributor
562 Posts
Bronze Member

Not sure with the AE, but this drawing looks better!!

Why don't you replace the AE for a 2nd router and create a dedicated network link router. It's also the way B&O wants you to do this. This way your sound system is cabled and stable. 

And I would replace WLAN for a powerline adapter..

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,410 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Fri, Sep 19 2014 9:35 AM

DoubleU:

Not sure with the AE, but this drawing looks better!!

Why don't you replace the AE for a 2nd router and create a dedicated network link router. It's also the way B&O wants you to do this. This way your sound system is cabled and stable. 

And I would replace WLAN for a powerline adapter..

Regarding the AE I´ve tested this morning that its possible to use both ethernet sockets when I use the AE to connect to the existing network over WIFI.

If I would use a connection to the main router over powerline I have only one ethernet connection left on the AE. Not sure its okay to connect both NL/ML and BV11 to a switch.

Could you please explain more in detail how a dedicated network link router would differ from what I have in my drawing?

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,712 Posts
Bronze Member

Here is an 'official' example of a setup including the (NL/ML) Delay Box - and the Network Link router.

MM

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,410 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Fri, Sep 19 2014 12:28 PM

Millemissen:

Here is an 'official' example of a setup including the (NL/ML) Delay Box - and the Network Link router.

MM

Interesting. Thanks! As I understand the drawing, the Network Link Router is essentially the same as my setup with AE. The picture also confirm that its okay to use a switch to connect BV11 and NL/ML converter.

Will then improve my suggested setup accordingly and use powerline adapters to connect the AE to the main router.

Are you able to provide the full PDF, rather than a screenshot? 

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,712 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Hiort,

there is not much to it - pretty simple.

Page 1:

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,712 Posts
Bronze Member

And page 2:

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,712 Posts
Bronze Member

Confused

Could someone please tell me how to upload two pictures in the same posting???

Greetings MM

Page 1 of 2 (30 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL