Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Beocom 6000 - visual indication of message received possible?

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 2 verified answers | 4 Replies | 1 Follower

kokomo
Top 500 Contributor
Spain
206 Posts
Bronze Member
kokomo posted on Thu, Sep 4 2014 9:23 AM

We have had a Beocom 6000 telephone for some years and have been very satisfied with both it´s performance and appearance. One thing though which has always frustrated us is this. Our telephone company provides a telephone answering service (which was free, but is now chargeable!) and to determine whether there is a message or we´ve had any call in our absence it´s necessary to lift the handset, listen to the dialing tone for several seconds after which a voice tells us whether or not we have a message waiting or have had a call. How much easier and better it would be if the Beocom 6000 was able to provide visual indication of this.

I have waded through the user manual but cannot find a way of this being possible, so my question is, is it possible in any way to get this phone perhaps to flash when a message is waiting on the system or even if a call has been received in our absence?  

If not, perhaps cancelling the current answer system with the phone company and buying  an add-on answering machine might be the solution. To keep the B&O theme, what´s the Beotalk 1200 like?

Thanks.

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Opman
Top 150 Contributor
Wilmslow, Cheshire
442 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) Opman replied on Thu, Sep 4 2014 12:31 PM
Verified by Yendys

Hi Kokomo

The BeoCom6000 has an "alert" led that blinks to let you know about a few things, one being a missed call.

It is possible that the alert lamp function is turned off on your handset. If you go into the menu you can simply switch it on. That would alert you to missed calls and prompt you to check for voice mails.

Regards

Opman

kokomo
Top 500 Contributor
Spain
206 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by kokomo

Thanks for that, missed the reference to that in the manual!

One "problem" now though, I have accessed the menu and set the alert to "on" but now the red LED on the handset is flashing continuously!

Is this correct or is this signalling something else? BTW, I had a message on the system which I was unaware of and thought this was the reason for the LED flashing. I have now deleted the message, but the light still flashes! 

Any ideas?

Thanks again.

Further After exhaustive testing it seems (if I am correct) that the light blinks slowly and continuously I assume to indicate that alert in on. This changes to rapid flashing when a message is waiting. Unless I am wrong in my assumption, I think I have got it now!

Another thank you!

All Replies

Opman
Top 150 Contributor
Wilmslow, Cheshire
442 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) Opman replied on Thu, Sep 4 2014 12:31 PM
Verified by Yendys

Hi Kokomo

The BeoCom6000 has an "alert" led that blinks to let you know about a few things, one being a missed call.

It is possible that the alert lamp function is turned off on your handset. If you go into the menu you can simply switch it on. That would alert you to missed calls and prompt you to check for voice mails.

Regards

Opman

kokomo
Top 500 Contributor
Spain
206 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by kokomo

Thanks for that, missed the reference to that in the manual!

One "problem" now though, I have accessed the menu and set the alert to "on" but now the red LED on the handset is flashing continuously!

Is this correct or is this signalling something else? BTW, I had a message on the system which I was unaware of and thought this was the reason for the LED flashing. I have now deleted the message, but the light still flashes! 

Any ideas?

Thanks again.

Further After exhaustive testing it seems (if I am correct) that the light blinks slowly and continuously I assume to indicate that alert in on. This changes to rapid flashing when a message is waiting. Unless I am wrong in my assumption, I think I have got it now!

Another thank you!

Opman
Top 150 Contributor
Wilmslow, Cheshire
442 Posts
Bronze Member
Opman replied on Thu, Sep 4 2014 5:08 PM

If you press the button in the middle of the wheel it will display the message alert.

It could signify missed call, line busy (another handset connected to the base is on a call), no signal with base but the would be obvious as the phone wouldn't get a dial tone.

Regards

Opman

Opman
Top 150 Contributor
Wilmslow, Cheshire
442 Posts
Bronze Member
Opman replied on Thu, Sep 4 2014 5:11 PM

If the red alert light is flashing because you have a missed call, it stops flashing once you have viewed the caller ID log. When you view the caller ID log, missed calls are indicated by an asterisk. Once viewed the asterisk goes off and the alert lamp stops flashing.

Opman

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL