Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Vintage Beolit Thread

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 85 Replies | 5 Followers

Ben_S
Top 150 Contributor
UK
631 Posts
Bronze Member
Ben_S posted on Wed, Sep 3 2014 4:59 PM

Spent yesterday sorting out my Beolit 600.

It was in a very good shape cosmetically, with no damage at all and battery cover included. Sadly, there was no tuning string in it when I bought it. So having ordered the string from Martin I set to work!

If anyone is looking to do this then I'm sure it has been discussed before, but it is a real pain and takes patience. Martin's advice of masking taping each stage was really useful. Also remembering the process and the exact amount of turns is useful. This is contained in the service manual available on site. There isn't really an easy solution but be patient and you will get there!

The curry 400 is absolutely fine luckily, but I have got spare string if required.

Finally, has anyone found any cardboard tubing that is a good substitute for a battery cover? I need one for the 400! 

Thanks!

All Replies

toptip
Not Ranked
32 Posts
Bronze Member

And if "Ben" does not want it, I will be happy to take one.

square4
Top 500 Contributor
187 Posts
Gold Member

Hi toptip. 

Sorry, but Ben bought it. 

Henrik 

square4
Top 500 Contributor
187 Posts
Gold Member
square4 replied on Mon, Apr 22 2019 12:05 PM

Wednesday i got this beolit 1000 back from repair,it was one i bought in december and it was the meaning that Ben should have it but when i got it home it was absolutely not near like the in the pictures and the price went to high.It came with an broken antenna,an broken scale glas,one panel with teak veneer and one panel with palisander and the res of it was really not good looking.

Anyway ,as you know i chose to sell one from my collection to Ben and sed this one for a totally repair and here is some pictures of it.

priklep
Top 500 Contributor
Slovakia
100 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi squar4,

VERY nice looking Beolit. Is it real wood on Beolit pannels? Look sticker for me, beause it looks "ideal".

beocool
Top 25 Contributor
Alankomaat
6,161 Posts
Gold Member

Square 4, that Beolit 1000 looks wonderful, just like the rest of them. Lovely collection Yes - thumbs up

Vähintään yhdeksänkymmentä prosenttia suomalainen! 

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
11,986 Posts
Founder
Peter replied on Mon, Apr 22 2019 8:02 PM

Don't you have a goat skin one? I have a wood one but gace that to a friend but kept my black leather goat skin one. I actually prefer the sound of my  colour 700 and the simplicity of the 700 is also very attractive. I am afraid I am a heretic and have painted mine royal blue!!

Peter

square4
Top 500 Contributor
187 Posts
Gold Member
square4 replied on Mon, Apr 22 2019 10:47 PM

priklep. 

Yes, it is real veneer.

peter .

No i dont have a goat skin beolit, but i really want one. In 1-2 weeks i get another one in oak and it come with a beopower 1000. 

Henrik. 

the_o_master
Top 100 Contributor
855 Posts
Bronze Member

Really beautiful Beolit 1000 Henrik!

You're lucky guy Wink

Theomaster

Vintage Bang & Olufsen

square4
Top 500 Contributor
187 Posts
Gold Member
square4 replied on Sun, Apr 28 2019 12:28 PM

Thanks Theomaster,and many many thanks for telling me about my new beolit 1000.It is a one in a lifetime buy.Here are some pictures.

Henrik.

square4
Top 500 Contributor
187 Posts
Gold Member

Here are some pictures of my BEO 610. I know that it is not a beolit,but inside it is similar to the BEOLIT 800 so i think it is okay to show it here.

Henrik.

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
6,398 Posts
Bronze Member

Beautiful BEO good find Henrik Yes - thumbs up

Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

square4
Top 500 Contributor
187 Posts
Gold Member

Thank you Søren. 

Did you have the BEOLAB 5000 system in Mexico now, or did your son still have it at home?

Henrik 

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
6,398 Posts
Bronze Member

square4:

Thank you Søren. 

Did you have the BEOLAB 5000 system in Mexico now, or did your son still have it at home?

Henrik 

Hi Henrik, I have the system here in my workshop, tested and playing very good (only by ear, no measurements done), as I plan to visit DK later this month I then will visit Frede to see his workshop and get some tips on repair and restore, and then I will start restoring it, slow and hoping to get it as near Fredes quality as possible, the first Beolab system I restored I bought on the US bay and sold it to Jeff (Piaf) in Canada, the first system you found for me is playing here every day after restore only missing some lamps, I hope to see you when I am in DK, will come back with dates for my visit. I wil also be looking for a BG 4002 when in DK. Good to see you more active on the forum, keep them coming

square4
Top 500 Contributor
187 Posts
Gold Member

Here are some pictures of my beolit 600

Henrik.

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
6,398 Posts
Bronze Member

Here my Beolit 600, not restored, antenna broken at the top, where do get yours restored ?

Page 3 of 6 (86 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL