Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Beo 4 remote transferring inner parts into new one.

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 6 Replies | 1 Follower

kokomo
Top 500 Contributor
Spain
206 Posts
Bronze Member
kokomo posted on Mon, Sep 1 2014 9:58 AM

I have had my Sat model Beo4 for many years, ever since my Beovision 3 days in fact. Some years ago I replaced the rubber keypad to keep it looking fresh but now the black plastic frame at the top which surrounds the screen has broken and split leaving quite a gap which looks very unsightly (IMO!).   

My question is, would there be anything preventing me from buying a newish looking  (or new even) Beo 4 and transferring all the inner parts into the new shell?

You may be thinking why not just buy a good condition Sat Beo4 and use that as it comes, but my main objection to this is that I currently control a lot of equipment with my Beo4 via a Lintronic's box and  the thought of re-configuring all the commands on the Lintronic unit horrifies me as I suspect this is what I would have to do with a new Beo 4. I thought therefore that just by transferring the electronic parts into a new or newish Beo4 would be the best option as everything currently works fine.

Anyone any comments or advice on this please? They would be very welcome.

Thanks. 

All Replies

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Buckinghamshire
1,735 Posts
Gold Member
Guy replied on Mon, Sep 1 2014 10:09 AM

I have recently taken three Beo4's to pieces and swapped the parts around to make a mint model, a working model and a tatty spare.  I also replaced the screens on two of them due to pixel failure - the new screens were around £20 each.

There is no problem at all swapping pieces around.  Be aware that new screens include the plastic bit around the edge, and on an older model you will have to seperate the screen from its plastic surround which could be tricky. 

The service manual available on the forum explains how to take them apart - it's quite straight forward.  There are probably some photos and other explanation somewhere on the forum!

kokomo
Top 500 Contributor
Spain
206 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks very much for that, much appreciated. I have uploaded a photo of the break in the plastic surround. Is this the plastic around the edge of the screen that you are referring to?

I do thing it looks a mess, so I hope I can do something about it.

Thanks for your advice

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Buckinghamshire
1,735 Posts
Gold Member
Guy replied on Mon, Sep 1 2014 1:07 PM

Yes that's the surround.  If you buy a new screen it comes with that plastic surround already attached.  I think they are glued together.

kokomo
Top 500 Contributor
Spain
206 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks very much, just to clarify and apologies for bothering you again, are you saying that purchasing the screen only will fix the problem?

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Buckinghamshire
1,735 Posts
Gold Member
Guy replied on Mon, Sep 1 2014 1:29 PM

Correct - a new LCD screen comes with that plastic part fitted.  It also comes with fitting instructions and the little 'rubber' strip that provides electrical contact between the LCD screen and the circuit board. 

kokomo
Top 500 Contributor
Spain
206 Posts
Bronze Member

A big thank you for your advice. Much appreciated.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL