Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Who made your Speaker Groups - and how many do you have?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 50 Replies | 1 Follower

Geoff Martin
Top 150 Contributor
Struer, Denmark
563 Posts
Bronze Member
Geoff Martin posted on Wed, Jul 30 2014 1:41 PM

Hi,

Some quick questions for those of you with a BeoPlay V1, BeoVision 11, BeoVision Avant or a BeoSystem 4:

1. How many Speaker Groups do you have configured in your television?

2. Who configured them? The installer or you (or both)?

3. How many different listening/viewing positions do you have for those Speaker Groups? Just one, or more than one?

4. Do you have external loudspeakers attached to the television?

Thanks

-geoff

Which best describes your TV set up (BV11, V1, Avant and Beosystem 4 only)

• I have no external speakers attached (11.1%)
  • I have external speakers which I attached with one listening position. (22.2%)
  • I have external speakers which I attached with more than one listening position programmed (29.6%)
  • I have external speakers which a technician has set up with one listening position. (11.1%)
  • I have external speakers which a technician has set up with more than one listening position (0%)
  • I have external speakers attached with one listening position which a technician and I worked on together (3.7%)
  • I have external speakers attached with more than one listening position with a technician and I worked on together. (11.1%)
  • I have external speakers attached with more than two listening positions and I am posting a description below! (11.1%)
  • Total Votes: 27
  • Voting Ended: 8/29/2014

All Replies

talfaia
Not Ranked
20 Posts
Silver Member
talfaia replied on Wed, Jul 30 2014 10:09 PM
Hi Geoff,

I have a BV11, with 4 speakers groups, 4 external speakers and 2 listening positions. I set them myself!

BeoGreg
Top 75 Contributor
South of France
1,413 Posts
Bronze Member
BV11-46.

1. One speaker group.

2. Installer configured it and I followed.

3. Two listening-viewing positions. Main room / couch.

4. No external speakers.
Marcello
Top 500 Contributor
194 Posts
Silver Member

Apologies for going slightly off-topic (I have a BV10 so I'm excluded from the poll for the moment), but when I was enquiring about a BV11 or Avant, a dealer told me that setting up different listening positions would be effective only with a 3-speaker setup (2 external, front only), and that it would not work properly with 4 external speakers(2 front + 2 surround)... Is that accurate information?

imac
Not Ranked
Germany
52 Posts
Bronze Member
imac replied on Thu, Jul 31 2014 9:08 AM

I have a BV11 with the following set-up:

- 4 speakers + 1 sub attached

- 2 listening positions

- 5 speaker groups

- I set them up without a technician

Beovision 11-55, Beovision 10-46, Beovision 7-40, Beocenter 6-23, Beosound 9000, Beolab 18, Beolab 19, 2xBeolab 3, Beolab 8000, Beolab 6000, Beolab 2, Beocom 6000, Beosound 3, Playmaker

Geoff Martin
Top 150 Contributor
Struer, Denmark
563 Posts
Bronze Member

Marcello:

Apologies for going slightly off-topic (I have a BV10 so I'm excluded from the poll for the moment), but when I was enquiring about a BV11 or Avant, a dealer told me that setting up different listening positions would be effective only with a 3-speaker setup (2 external, front only), and that it would not work properly with 4 external speakers(2 front + 2 surround)... Is that accurate information?

With apologies to your dealer: This is not only inaccurate - it's incorrect.

Consider, for example, an Avant with 4 external loudspeakers - Lf/Rf & Ls/Rs in the "normal" viewing position.

You could, as an example, sit on the TV and face the "surround" loudspeakers and create a Speaker Group that makes them Left Front and Right Front.

If all of the external loudspeakers are matched (i.e. the same model) then you could also use the room "sideways" by making a Speaker Group that uses the Lf  loudspeaker to play the Right Front channel and the Ls loudspeaker to play the Left Front channel. Then you sit between the (normally) Rf & Rs loudspeakers (which are turned off in this Speaker Group) and face the left side of the room.

Cheers

-geoff

Mikael
Top 500 Contributor
Denmark
155 Posts
Bronze Member
Mikael replied on Thu, Jul 31 2014 9:48 AM

V1 with Beolab 14.1

- 4 speakers + 1 sub attached

- 2 listening positions (1 is rarely used)

- 5 speaker groups (mainly use 3 speaker groups)

- Set everything up by my self

Beoplay V1 with Beo4, Beolab 14.4 and ATV4/Chromecast.

Beoplay A2, A9mki (w/ Chromecast Audio), H2, H3, H8.

rob08
Top 500 Contributor
209 Posts
Bronze Member
rob08 replied on Thu, Jul 31 2014 10:06 AM

BV11 with BL11

1 listening position

2 speaker groups (1 with only BV11 and one with TV + BL11)

Set up everything myself

Looking to gett the Beolab 14 2.1 to both improve stereo sound and sub

Marcello
Top 500 Contributor
194 Posts
Silver Member
Marcello replied on Thu, Jul 31 2014 10:25 AM

Geoff Martin:

Marcello:

Consider, for example, an Avant with 4 external loudspeakers - Lf/Rf & Ls/Rs in the "normal" viewing position.

You could, as an example, sit on the TV and face the "surround" loudspeakers and create a Speaker Group that makes them Left Front and Right Front.

If all of the external loudspeakers are matched (i.e. the same model) then you could also use the room "sideways" by making a Speaker Group that uses the Lf  loudspeaker to play the Right Front channel and the Ls loudspeaker to play the Left Front channel. Then you sit between the (normally) Rf & Rs loudspeakers (which are turned off in this Speaker Group) and face the left side of the room.

Cheers

-geoff

That's what I thought too... I'm interested in a single speaker group, but being able to set up 3 listening positions to properly balance speakers level (in front of the TV, left side of the couch, right side). Thanks for the clarification, I am relieved! Now I can't wait for the renovation at home to be completed :)

Luke
Not Ranked
Brisbane Australia
59 Posts
Bronze Member
Luke replied on Thu, Jul 31 2014 11:02 AM

BV11-50

4 speakers

5 Speaker Groups

3 Listening positions

Set up myself

I'm guessing this data is collected via the TV to B&O for those who accepted to share product usage information?

BL90, BL5 x 2, BL9, BL8000 x 2, Penta III x 2, Penta II, BL2, BL4, BL2500, RL6000 x 3, MS150, MS150.2, A9, A1, A2, P2, Beolit 12/17, S70, CX50, CX100, Beovox 2500, BS9000 x 2, BS3000, BS4, BC2, BS1,  Moment, Essence MkII x 2, BS5 Encore, BG8002, BC8002, BM8002, BG5500, BV7-40 MkIII, BV11-55, BV Avant 85", BC5, H8, E8, Form 2, A8...Serene

Carolpa
Top 100 Contributor
905 Posts
Bronze Member
Carolpa replied on Thu, Jul 31 2014 11:31 AM

BV11-55  attached speakers: 8 + sub

2 positions (generally using 1)

4 speaker groups (generally using 1)

setup: myself

BV11-46 attached speakers: 6 + sub

1 postion

3 speaker groups (generally using 1)

setup: myself

quader
Top 500 Contributor
102 Posts
Bronze Member
quader replied on Thu, Jul 31 2014 2:21 PM

i Currently have 2 speaker set ups -one for tv and one for projector

5 speakers attached to the TV setup -very good sound (Front and rear BL8000 with centre 7.4)

7 speaker connected to tv for the projector setup (BL4000 rear with external centre speaker in ceiling)

proplem with this setup is Dialogue not very good I have to turn it very loud to hear dialogue but then sound effects would be too loud so end using speaker 4 setup not ideal solution but hoping when avant is purchases i would be able to setp volume levels of each individual speaker including the centre channel where the problem seems to be

any help or suggestions would be welcome

Geoff Martin
Top 150 Contributor
Struer, Denmark
563 Posts
Bronze Member

Marcello:
That's what I thought too... I'm interested in a single speaker group, but being able to set up 3 listening positions to properly balance speakers level (in front of the TV, left side of the couch, right side). Thanks for the clarification, I am relieved! Now I can't wait for the renovation at home to be completed :)

Just to be clear: Are you talking about making a single Speaker Group that is optimised for a listening area that is big enough for three people? Or are you talking about three distinct listening positions, with a Speaker Group for each?

Cheers

-geoff

Geoff Martin
Top 150 Contributor
Struer, Denmark
563 Posts
Bronze Member

quader:

i Currently have 2 speaker set ups -one for tv and one for projector

5 speakers attached to the TV setup -very good sound (Front and rear BL8000 with centre 7.4)

7 speaker connected to tv for the projector setup (BL4000 rear with external centre speaker in ceiling)

proplem with this setup is Dialogue not very good I have to turn it very loud to hear dialogue but then sound effects would be too loud so end using speaker 4 setup not ideal solution but hoping when avant is purchases i would be able to setp volume levels of each individual speaker including the centre channel where the problem seems to be

any help or suggestions would be welcome

What hardware do you have? If you have TV and a projector setups, then I guess you're using a BeoSystem 3?

The article at this page may help you improve your speaker alignment.

Cheers

/geoff

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,846 Posts
Bronze Member

I voted too.

Question was about 'Speakers Groups', so here we go.

On my V1-32 I have 2 groups:

1 for all - it's the default.

And a second one (9) for my headphones (H6) only - driven by a small headphone amp.

Well - there are 4 groups actually.

The others are relicts from an experiment I did with a BL Passive (as amp) and some passive speakers.

They are:

2 for stereo. Means the external speakers - for music only.

3 for external speakers (right/left) and the V1 internal speakers as center. Meant for all kind of video (exept for news and alike) - untill I dumped the externals for that room.

I let them in, because you never know, if you are going to need them again sometime Big Smile

Of cource I did them myself - that is part of the fun!

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,846 Posts
Bronze Member

Geoff Martin:

The dealers should 'play' a little with their gear in the shop at spare times....

Once you get a grip on how this 'Speakers Group'-thing works, you realize that it is a brilliant idea Yes - thumbs up

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Page 2 of 4 (51 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL