rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 5 Replies | 2 Followers

mafanni
Not Ranked
53 Posts
Bronze Member
mafanni posted on Wed, Jun 25 2014 9:42 PM

Hi,

I am lost. Just bought a nice used pair of BL3 to add to my BV 7-40 MK3 with BluRay Kit. System has now 2x BL1, 1x BL2, and 4x BL3. I configured the 4 BL3 as 2x surround and as 2x rear speaker. 

Than I flipped in a nice BluRay disk on the tray, selected sound-option 7.1 in the BluRay menu. and hoped for 7.1 surround sound output.

Checking the speakers, the two rear BL3's switched on but do not produce any sound. Than I display in the TV menu the sound-system. It says input sound = 5.1 and output sound = 5.1. So I guess that has something to do with software or with settings.

Can anyone help with setting ideas to get the nice and sweet 7.1 surround-sound out of my system?

Thanks to all of you

BV 7-40:

Type no.: 9376 with retro fitted genus B&O internal BluRay kit

SW of BeoVision 7-40:

AP SW8.12a

IOP SW 23.00a

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,488 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by mafanni

@Räuber - that might be the 'problem'.

@Symnes - where do you read these specs?

@mafanni - could you post a screenshot of your speakers-setup (from the menu of the BV7-40 MK3), please?

Can you access the menu of the built-in BRP? How does the menu look - screenshot if possble?

As far as I remember two different BRP were used in the BV7.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

All Replies

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,488 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi mafanni,

the surround decoder in the BV7 can not handle the 7.1 signal (which is either a DTS-HD Master Audio or a Dolby TrueHD signal) on the BR disc - which one did you choose?

I can't say if the built-in BRP is able to decode those sound formats to a PCM signal (which the BV can handle). Very little information about this can be found.

If a Dolby TrueHD signal was choosen the BV probably has picked the core signal (from within the HD signal), which is a lossy Dolby 5.1 format.

Not a complete answer - but maybe it helps a bit.

MM

Raeuber
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
2,542 Posts
Bronze Member
Raeuber replied on Wed, Jun 25 2014 11:26 PM
Hi mafanni,

the Bluray player of my BV 7-40 Mk 6 is able to provide audio format 7.1 if available on Bluray. The audio menu of BV 7 shows 'input audio format = PCM 7.1' ('output audio format is 5.1 because I have only 5 speakers and a sub connected to my BV 7). But I don't know if this is the same with Mk 3).

Regards

Räuber
symmes
Top 500 Contributor
247 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Not Verified) symmes replied on Thu, Jun 26 2014 1:30 AM
Suggested by steve1977

Raeuber:
Hi mafanni,

the Bluray player of my BV 7-40 Mk 6 is able to provide audio format 7.1 if available on Bluray. The audio menu of BV 7 shows 'input audio format = PCM 7.1' ('output audio format is 5.1 because I have only 5 speakers and a sub connected to my BV 7). But I don't know if this is the same with Mk 3).

Regards

Räuber

According to the spec sheet, MK 3 will play 7.1, I assume in PCM. 

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,488 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by mafanni

@Räuber - that might be the 'problem'.

@Symnes - where do you read these specs?

@mafanni - could you post a screenshot of your speakers-setup (from the menu of the BV7-40 MK3), please?

Can you access the menu of the built-in BRP? How does the menu look - screenshot if possble?

As far as I remember two different BRP were used in the BV7.

MM

mafanni
Not Ranked
53 Posts
Bronze Member
mafanni replied on Thu, Jun 26 2014 10:27 PM

Hi Millemissen,

can't manage to upload pictures. The BL3 are connected as surround speaker left and right and as rear left and right. The speakers respond if i am accessing the speaker distance menu with the expected noise signal as all other speakers do there as well

nice regards

mafanni.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL