What is your best b&o purchase ?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 86 Replies | 4 Followers

olvisab
Top 75 Contributor
1,358 Posts
Silver Member
olvisab posted on Sun, Jun 1 2014 11:47 AM

What is your best b&o purchase ? Tv, audio or accessories.

For me it is definitely the A3, I think i would throw away my ipad if I didn't use it.

beolab 5, beolab 9, beolab 3, beolab 10, beolab 5000, beolab 8000, beolab 3500, IWS 2000, beovision 7 55 mk2,  beotime, beogram 7000 white mmc2, beosound ouverture, beosound essence, beomaster 900 RG de luxe and the collection continues...

All Replies

bayerische
Top 25 Contributor
Ekenäs, Finland
4,766 Posts
Bronze Member

BL5.

Too long to list.... 

Yendys
Top 200 Contributor
Sydney
305 Posts
Bronze Member
Yendys replied on Mon, Jun 2 2014 11:55 AM
After decades of use and able to pump digital music throughout the house for me it has to be my BS3000. The doors are still magic

A close second wall mounted BV10 it always stops people as they walk through that room... And it picture it still stunning slough I have yet to see the new avant
Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
3,455 Posts
Bronze Member
Jeff replied on Mon, Jun 2 2014 1:01 PM

Chris:

I know exactly what you mean, so busy tuning your installation. You forgot to listen to music.

Decades ago I counted myself also as 'audiophile listener' till the day I asked myself 'What on earth am I doing'. Then I sold all my gear, switched to B&O and started listening to my records.

Here's another dirty little secret for an ex audiophile to admit...one of the things I loved so much about the BS9000 was the ability to control bass/treble/loudness from my listening seat, and even to have such things again as my minimalist preamp eschewed such things.

The CD that you're listening too a bit bright, notch back treble one click (works great for those early CDs with aggressive high end). A CD a bit bass shy, notch up the bass. Wife going to bed but you still want to sit up a bit and listen to music, volume down and hit the loudness, which in B&Os case seems to work remarkably well to make low volume sound simply full and enjoyable without being boomy and such.

Which is really the B&O philosophy I think, technology in the service of music rather than the other way round.

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

John
Top 200 Contributor
Australia
318 Posts
Bronze Member
John replied on Mon, Jun 2 2014 3:29 PM

Jeff:

Chris:

I know exactly what you mean, so busy tuning your installation. You forgot to listen to music.

Decades ago I counted myself also as 'audiophile listener' till the day I asked myself 'What on earth am I doing'. Then I sold all my gear, switched to B&O and started listening to my records.

Here's another dirty little secret for an ex audiophile to admit...one of the things I loved so much about the BS9000 was the ability to control bass/treble/loudness from my listening seat, and even to have such things again as my minimalist preamp eschewed such things.

The CD that you're listening too a bit bright, notch back treble one click (works great for those early CDs with aggressive high end). A CD a bit bass shy, notch up the bass. Wife going to bed but you still want to sit up a bit and listen to music, volume down and hit the loudness, which in B&Os case seems to work remarkably well to make low volume sound simply full and enjoyable without being boomy and such.

Which is really the B&O philosophy I think, technology in the service of music rather than the other way round.

I agree entirely Jeff, and heartily second your thoughts.

As to the OP - I'd have to say - ALL of it.

For me, coming to B&O saved me from ever burgeoning concerns of an obsessive and at time neurotic nature arguably atypical of an audiophile, where concerns about the kit had surreptitiously displaced the enjoyment of the music as the raison de etre of the system.

I got into Hifi as a classically trained musician, wanting access to high quality reproduction of my favourite music in the home.  "The closest approach to the original sound" was the mantra that I intially followed.

However, like many, I got caught up in all the machinations of the audiophile, and like Jeff, came to the point of looking at all the multiple boxes, cables, racks, clutter, expense and ownership rituals, performance 'tweaks' etc, and woke up one day to realise that my original intentions of buying a system had become subsumed to all this audiophile tom foolery, and that I was no longer listening to the music, but rather to the system itself, and what the system was doing with the music.

I'll be forever indebted to B&O, as basically, I've got my music and film back, and I'm free of the religious like cult of the afflicted amateur audiophile.

Its one thing for profesionals like Geoff Martin to obsess about sound, as 1) He's trained to the highest levels to be able to do so, and 2) it's his job.

For someone like me, I just want to enjoy the result, and to leave all the system tuning to audio and acoustic engineers operating at the highest levels.

B&O gives me that, indeed ALL of it, and as long as I'm alive, have the money to afford it, and B&O are in business, I will always be a customer.

Is B&O perfect then?

No, of course not, but in truth I'm the happiest with B&O kit in the 40 odd years I've been involved in this hobby, and by a very large margin.

So yes...lol.. ALL of my B&O kit has been my best HiFi purchase ever..  :-)

Kind regards

John... Smile

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
1,167 Posts
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Mon, Jun 2 2014 4:22 PM

John:

...ever burgeoning concerns of an obsessive and at time neurotic nature arguably atypical of an audiophile...

Never seen such analytical description of a neurotic phenomenon! Surprise

"Believe nothing you read and only half of what you see, let your ears tell you the truth."

The Beonic Man
Top 150 Contributor
Bristol
613 Posts
Gold Member

My recently acquired BeoVision 9 and BeoLab 9s are the best purchases I have ever made. For some years now, I have been trying to find a TV that would give me an impressive picture across standard definition and high definition broadcasts; one that I could use with Blu-rays and an Apple TV if required, the latter of which I have also added. I wanted to find the 'ultimate' B&O setup (for me) encompassing design, performance and build quality.

I am the happiest I have ever been!

Big Smile

Current products: BV11-46, BV8-32, V1-32, A1

SHEFFIELD
Top 500 Contributor
257 Posts
Bronze Member

Store owner - it's got to be BeoLab 5s....and the new Avant!

Opman
Top 150 Contributor
Wilmslow, Cheshire
433 Posts
Bronze Member
Opman replied on Mon, Jun 2 2014 10:40 PM

Bought a BeoSystem6500 when new and regret selling it. Happy with BeoSound3000/BeoLab4000 system but miss my stack system.

BeoCom6000 has stood the test of time and is a fantastic product both visually and operationally.

Opman

Sal
Top 75 Contributor
California, USA
1,197 Posts
Bronze Member
Sal replied on Tue, Jun 3 2014 1:28 AM

When I had it, the Avant (gen 1), Beolab 3 Beolab 2 Combination. Everything was built like tanks, indestructible, and made to last. The combination made a statement visually, and even more so when it was turned on.

Luke
Top 500 Contributor
Basel, Switzerland
86 Posts
Bronze Member
Luke replied on Tue, Jun 3 2014 8:55 AM

BL 5

My neighbours hate me. 

Uldall
Top 500 Contributor
Denmark
160 Posts
Bronze Member

Beovision 7

/Uldall

It´s a lifestyle.

The Beonic Man
Top 150 Contributor
Bristol
613 Posts
Gold Member

So many different products from us all and each one a worthy winner. It is fair to say that most B&O products are the best of the best. Would we buy them if they weren't?

I chose BV9 and BL9 for my top two choices but really, that is so unfair on the products that have come before them that all gave me so much pleasure in different ways: BV7, BV6, Avant, BS9000, BL8000s, BL3500, BS2300, BS3 (Loved the little BeoSound 3 loads - too bad the top part kept needing replacing!!), BC 2/6000s, Beo5/4 and so the list goes on...

While I often look at other products on the market I always end up coming back! No one does it quite as well and distinguished as B&O.

Stick out tongue

Current products: BV11-46, BV8-32, V1-32, A1

Busterbird
Not Ranked
27 Posts
Bronze Member

It has to be the BV11-46. Followed closely by the... 

BeoLit12  (charcoal grey - had to get three different ones due to freezing issues) 

lano
Top 500 Contributor
161 Posts
Bronze Member
lano replied on Wed, Jun 4 2014 6:51 PM
MLGW, but it wouldn't be all that greate without all the other B&O stuff.
Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
3,455 Posts
Bronze Member
Jeff replied on Sat, Jun 7 2014 7:58 PM

While the BS9000/BL8000 combo I wrote about previously is still my all time best purchase, there's another one that I truly treasure and which has really proven a good acquisition:

My Beotime! It has replaced the bulky clock radio I did have, and not only is it a gorgeous little device, using it is a true joy. There is an amazingly rewarding sense of tactile satisfaction when handling it and using the controls. The way the smooth, almost slick, aluminum tube feels to the touch, the coolness of the metal, the fact you can set the alarm time quickly and easily, and turn the alarm on and off so easily. No paging thru buttons, or menus, just push the control in or out like a valve on a flute.

I have found a lot more pleasure from it than I would have expected.

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

Page 3 of 6 (87 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL