What is your best b&o purchase ?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 86 Replies | 4 Followers

olvisab
Top 75 Contributor
1,362 Posts
Bronze Member
olvisab posted on Sun, Jun 1 2014 11:47 AM

What is your best b&o purchase ? Tv, audio or accessories.

For me it is definitely the A3, I think i would throw away my ipad if I didn't use it.

beolab 5, beolab 9, beolab 3, beolab 10, beolab 5000, beolab 8000, beolab 3500, IWS 2000, beovision 7 55 mk2,  beotime, beogram 7000 white mmc2, beosound ouverture, beosound essence, beomaster 900 RG de luxe and the collection continues...

All Replies

berlin2010
Top 500 Contributor
92 Posts
Bronze Member
Beolab 9's - no matter what source or volume they just deliver the goods!

A honourable mention has to go to my 7-40. Long gone but it (all 7 series TVs) made a statement (design) like no other TV before it and none since.
MediaBobNY
Top 75 Contributor
Greenwich Village, NYC
1,106 Posts
Bronze Member

A stacked system (I have both 5000 and 6500).   I may get rid of one of them but never both.  They look too good, sound too good, don't take up a lot of space, and are too essential since I'll always have old records, tapes & CD's.

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Badsey, UK
3,482 Posts
Bronze Member
pf85:

BV 7-55 - even after nearly three years astonishing every day.

Me too. Love the look, the picture is still unmatched and the Beolab 7-6 is a revelation. Easily the best B&O speaker Ive ever owned. The A9 is great, but it isn't as good as the 7-6.

Beovision 11-55, Beolab 2, Beolab 6000, Beolit 15, Beoplay A2 Active

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
5,294 Posts
Bronze Member

olvisab:

What is your best b&o purchase ? Tv, audio or accessories.

BL3s. Powerful, flexible, yet take up a relatively small amount of floor/room space. Ideal.

However, the product that receives more (positive) comments than anything else, is the wall-mounted BV10-32. Universally, this is regarded as a triumph, by anyone who comes to my apartment (and I have a lot of B&O kit on display).

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
5,407 Posts
Bronze Member

Best purchase BV11.

Most value for money purchase A3.

Best second life purchase: early white  Beomaster 2000 brought back to life by Martin (Dillen).

Graham

mawheele
Top 500 Contributor
258 Posts
Bronze Member

Beosystem 2 received most comments and had the highest feel good factor in terms of materials. Never owned a BS9000 but that would also be on my list.

paul 00
Not Ranked
lincoln uk
10 Posts
Bronze Member

My beolite 12 , this is what introduced me to b&o ,and to find beoworld.

Its all about the music.

Secondlife
Top 500 Contributor
145 Posts
Bronze Member
Everything with a 9.

First place = Beovision 9

Second place = A9

Third place = Beolab 9

Fourth place = Beosound 9000

All very impressive.
Simonbeo
Top 75 Contributor
1,451 Posts
Bronze Member

Beosound Century £1100 in 1997 with Beo4 .My entry to B&O . 

Beo Century ,Beoplay V1, Beocenter 6, Ex-Beolit 12, Beotime , A8. Beolit 15 , Form 2i , Beolab 2000, Beoplay A3.Beosound 1

Henrik Toubro
Not Ranked
Copenhagen
70 Posts
Bronze Member

Definitely my BeoVision 9. It was the only TV I saw as a worthy successor for my Avant, but I was afraid that I would be disappointed after spending that much money on a used tv. Well I have had it for over 3 years and I still smile every time I see it 

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,588 Posts
Gold Member
The A8 headphones. Was the first time i could hear things in songs i couldn't hear before and i use them every day

The PM because it allowed for more flexible connectivity for the way i live.
elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,219 Posts
Founder
+1 for the A8,

And my BeoSound 2 , my first purchase in returning to the brand in the "modern era" - and simply because it kept me sane on some tough assignments in the early Noughties

BeoNut since '75

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
3,793 Posts
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Mon, Jun 2 2014 4:39 AM

That's a tough question as each piece I've bought, new or used, has added a lot of either capability or just satisfaction to my audio systems. But, overall, I'd say it has to be my first big B&O purchase, the BS9000 and BL8000 combo. Before that I kept churning gear every couple of years, different speakers, different electronics. Once I got the B&O setup I just stopped worrying and obsessing over the electronics, and just started using the system and enjoying the music and not worrying about any audiophile BS. It sounded so good, was so easy to use, and looked just so stunning I have to say that it has been the single most satisfying and rewarding audio purchase I've ever made, and that includes my first real "good" system when I got out of college. (Said system was a pair of DCM Time Window speakers, an Armstrong integrated amp, a Rotel cassette deck, an Onkyo T4 tuner, and a Denon DP1100 turntable. When I got the B&O the system was a Heathkit FM3 FM tube tunner, a Van Alstine Super PAS3i tube preamp, a Denon DCD-1500 Mk II CD player, a McIntosh MC240 tube amp, a VPI HW19 turntable with ADC LMF2 carbon fiber arm and Sumiko Blue Point Special cartridge, and a pair of NHT 2.3a speakers.) The B&O setup satisfied me more than any of that stuff did.

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

BeoGreg
Top 75 Contributor
South of France
1,415 Posts
Bronze Member
Beovision Avant 32" blue in 2000.

Give it to my brother in law when I got BV 10 four years ago. So it this week-end while visiting family in Cannes : incredible picture (CARS DVD playing) and the sound !!!

I forgot how good the sound was and I use a BV 11 every day. The picture was just perfect for my eyes (not too bright, not too dark, no clouding of any sort)

Anyone as a time machine ?
Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
1,169 Posts
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Mon, Jun 2 2014 8:58 AM

Jeff:

...The B&O setup satisfied me more than any of that stuff did.

I know exactly what you mean, so busy tuning your installation. You forgot to listen to music.

Decades ago I counted myself also as 'audiophile listener' till the day I asked myself 'What on earth am I doing'. Then I sold all my gear, switched to B&O and started listening to my records. My best buy I did from B&O, well... Beolit 707.

My worst selling I ever did? Sold my Linn Sondek LP12.

"Believe nothing you read and only half of what you see, let your ears tell you the truth."

Page 2 of 6 (87 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL