new Avant and 2300 / 3000 / Beogram 7000

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 19 Replies | 2 Followers

ReneB
Not Ranked
51 Posts
Bronze Member
ReneB posted on Thu, May 15 2014 7:36 PM

just like for the BV 11, and unlike for my BV 10, great equipment like the beosound/system 2300 / 3000 / 3200 and -I guess- also my good old Beogram 7000 turntable cannot be connected directly to the new Avant TV. The official answer is that the 675 Euro converter is needed....nice looking as it is, for me it would be just "a cable/connector".

but I can't imagine that's the only solution.... Any suggestions ??

(my base case would be. like I have now, Beogram connected to Beosystem 3000 via aux, and then Beosystem 3000 somehow connected to the (possibly my) new Avant.

thanks,
Rene

All Replies

AT
Top 500 Contributor
Budapest, Magyarország
235 Posts
Founder
AT replied on Sat, May 17 2014 6:23 PM

Sorry, I don't understand Your problem. Any RCA (B&O DIN) based output can be connected easily to a SCART connector of any TV, which has this type of connector. You can simply purchase this cable in any store.

A turntable is different, as a regular turntable has a phono output, which is not compatible with the regulra RCA/DIN system. To connect a turntable to any RCA/DIN/SCART based system You need a preamplifier, a phono adapter. Of course, this cost more then a regular cable, however it's far cheaper then the price you mentioned.

ReneB
Not Ranked
51 Posts
Bronze Member
ReneB replied on Sat, May 17 2014 9:14 PM

well, my B&O dealer said Beosystem 2300/3000 is masterlink, and the new Avant (unlike BV-10) does not support this...A 675 Euro's converter would be needed....

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,215 Posts
Founder
elephant replied on Sun, May 18 2014 12:22 AM

ReneB:

well, my B&O dealer said Beosystem 2300/3000 is masterlink, and the new Avant (unlike BV-10) does not support this...A 675 Euro's converter would be needed....

The suggestion was to use a direct audio connection - assuming the two units were close by.  You would then hear the LPs through your BV's speakers. However the new AVANT (just announced) does not have a SCART so you would lack the ability to exercise control.  It does however have this:

AV IN

For connection of analogue video or audio equipment. Different adaptors are needed. Adaptors are available from your Bang & Olufsen retailer. 

If you want more sources than the BG from your Beosystem, or if you want some forms of control, then you will need the conversion box.

I believe only some of the older Beosounds/Beosystems will be recognised across this link, by the AVANT, but as yet I have not seen a list.

BeoNut since '75

ReneB
Not Ranked
51 Posts
Bronze Member
ReneB replied on Sun, May 18 2014 1:20 PM

Apologies if I still don't fully understand. Do you mean an adapter for the Powerlink of the BS3000 on the one end and an old fashioned RCA jack into the "mini AV input" of the Avant ?

something like this ??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Powerlink-to-Amplifier-RCA-Cable-for-B-O-Bang-Olufsen-/120380369981?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Compact_Shelf_Stereos&hash=item1c073aac3d

btw: the converter the B&O dealer said I would need in order to connect the BS3000 to the new Avant is the T1790 NL-ML converter.

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
11,866 Posts
Founder
Peter replied on Sun, May 18 2014 1:29 PM

You need the connector if you are going to control the sources by remote. To be honest, I am sure there is a work around as the BS3000 can be worked independently and maybe using option 4 would allow you to control both systems with the same remote and allow integration in the same room. The problem would be if you wish to control it in a link room. Then you need the converter.

Peter

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
1,167 Posts
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Sun, May 18 2014 1:39 PM

ReneB:

btw: the converter the B&O dealer said I would need in order to connect the BS3000 to the new Avant is the T1790 NL-ML converter.

Yes, but it allows you to integrate your BS3000 into the system as part of it and it brings absolute value in a link setup, which means using one remote control, easy of use choosing cdtracks, etc... You will get also an additional AUX entry equipped with rca on the converter.  It's all about easy of use, as is B&O.

"Believe nothing you read and only half of what you see, let your ears tell you the truth."

ReneB
Not Ranked
51 Posts
Bronze Member
ReneB replied on Sun, May 18 2014 1:46 PM

Thanks! No I don't need integration in another room: just a "simple" connection, replacing the current ML cable. So if indeed it can be connected via the powerlink-to-RCA adapter I'm fine, as long as I can still use (one of my 3) Beo4's to operate the BS3000 :-)

So am I correct in concluding that the 650 euro added value of the NL-ML converter over the Powerlink-RCA adapter is the ability for multi-room integration ???

thanks again!

Rene

btw: I'm using the AUX of the BS3000 for all other analogue input, like Beogram 7000 (I have an RCA switch in between), so connecting the Beogram to the Avant is no issue once the BS3000 is connected via its Powerlink or Masterlink output.

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
1,167 Posts
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Sun, May 18 2014 2:30 PM

ReneB:

So am I correct in concluding that the 650 euro added value of the NL-ML converter over the Powerlink-RCA adapter is the ability for multi-room integration ???

The ML/NL converter is designed to let older systems (masterlink) work with the new (networklink) systems. Without losing any comfort. So it is of great value particular for owners who are having some masterlink equipment placed around the house.

Is it in your case overkill? Yes if you would only use/have the BS3000 to play on Avant speakers

"Believe nothing you read and only half of what you see, let your ears tell you the truth."

RaMaBo
Top 150 Contributor
near Munich
516 Posts
Gold Member
RaMaBo replied on Mon, May 19 2014 3:10 PM

ReneB:

btw: I'm using the AUX of the BS3000 for all other analogue input, like Beogram 7000 (I have an RCA switch in between), so connecting the Beogram to the Avant is no issue once the BS3000 is connected via its Powerlink or Masterlink output.

If you use an adaptor DIN to 4*RCA you have the input from your analog sources by the RCA switch and also a fixed level output to connect to your new avant via the analog input (or the camcorder input) and still have the powerlink connectors of the BS3000 free for Beolabs.

The fixed output level gives you the better result if you connect the BS3000 to your Avant, because there would be only one point which controls the volume of the Avant loudspeakers and this is the Avant itself. Using the powerlink connectors gives you 'only' a variable level output which can give trouble of convenience Wink

Hope this helps

Ralph-Marcus

ReneB
Not Ranked
51 Posts
Bronze Member
ReneB replied on Mon, May 19 2014 6:37 PM

Ralph-Marcus,

thanks for that suggestion, which I'm not sure I fully understand. The part I do understand is connecting all that is now (via the switch) on the AUX-in of the BS3000 in the new set-up directly to the Avant.

the part I'm confused about is the connection BS3000 --> Avant in your suggested configuration. I read this as that none of the Powerlink sockets of the BS3000 are used to connect the two, which then would only leave the freed-up AUX socket of the BS3000 for this ??? but I thought this is just an input socket...So keen to understand your suggestion better ! (clearly I'm not a techie, so bear with me :-) )

ps: I don't need the PL sockets of the BS3000 for the Beolab's as obviously these will all be connected to the Avant, but you suggested another advantage of not using the Powerlink sockets

RaMaBo
Top 150 Contributor
near Munich
516 Posts
Gold Member
RaMaBo replied on Tue, May 20 2014 8:50 AM

Hi Rene,

the AUX Port of the BS300 is not only an input but also an output. You could connect an 'old fashioned' cassette Tape recorder via the AUX port and record a CD to the cassette. Every signal that will be played by the BS3000 is sent with a fixed level to the two 'output' pins of the AUX port. That's the trick Wink

Therefor you need a 4xRCA to DIN adapter to 'split' the AUX port. the two 'input' lines are connected to your RCA switch and the two 'output' lines will be connected to your Avant via an adapter RCA to the analog input.

Ralph-Marcus

ReneB
Not Ranked
51 Posts
Bronze Member
ReneB replied on Tue, May 20 2014 3:59 PM

Thanks ! This is so much easier and better indeed. Almost rethorically: Why didn't the dealer mention that ? :-) 

regards, Rene
still balancing the pro's and cons of the Avant itself, if it would have been a 65" for that price it would almost have been no brainer (almost...).

ReneB
Not Ranked
51 Posts
Bronze Member
ReneB replied on Sun, Nov 2 2014 4:39 PM

hello again Ralph-Marcus,

with the big price cut of the BV-11 I decided to buy that one. Rereading your answer some months ago I'm wondering whether "my" solution below would not work just as good as yours:

1)  with a simple RCA-DIN adapter (rather than a 4xRCA-DIN) the AUX output of the 2300 (or 3000 for that matter) is connected to the RCA switch (I have all that already). The 2300 is only a source now and just one of the analogue inputs to the RCA switch  (another input being the Beogram 7000).

2) the "out" of the RCA switch goes into the BV-11 analogue input (again via an normal RCA-DIN adapter)

btw: I assume here there is no difference in that sense between the new Avant and a new BV-11...

thanks, again, Rene

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
11,942 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Rene,

just wondering how you 'manage'/'control' the sources on the 2300?

Via Beo4 or directly on the device?

Of cource you will have to open the analog port on the BV11 too - how is that assigned to the Beo4/which button do you use?

Is that really a workable solution for everyday life?

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Page 1 of 2 (20 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL