rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 63 Replies | 3 Followers

KMA
Top 150 Contributor
621 Posts
Bronze Member
KMA posted on Wed, May 14 2014 5:27 PM

Hi fellow BeoWorlders!

While waiting to pull the trigger on the Avant – it was not love at first sight similarly to what I had with Beovision 11 due to the rather plain design of Avant and the odd-looking center speaker grille, despite the magic of B&O's signature mechanical movements – I'm very interested in upgrading my Beo5 to the new BeoRemote One.

I've been making enquiries about its availability, and I am getting very mixed information from varied sources: on this forum, there is a post saying that it is available for pre-order (where?) and will be delivered from June 1 onwards. Some of my sources say that it will be available late in this summer or early in the fall, and now I've got word from B&O that it will be available at the end of this year.

So which is it, or does it depend on the country you live in? The communication of the availability seems to span anything from June to several months later.

To dealers possibly reading this post – if any dealer in Europe can sell me a BeoRemote One in the June/Summer timeframe, somehow, with shipping to Finland, please PM me. While waiting for Avant's design to grow on me, and contemplating what to do with my BV11-46, I'd like to purchase the new remote as soon as possible. I find myself wanting it more badly than the forthcoming iPhone 6, for which I'll probably be standing in line again, or have someone standing in line for me, depending on the weather (not kidding). For BeoRemote One, do I need to go camp outside B&O's HQ in Struer? There might be some crazy PR value in doing so Big Smile 

KMA

B&O product history since 1991: Ridiculously long to list in a signature.

All Replies

PapaJustify
Top 500 Contributor
110 Posts
Bronze Member

Millemissen:

I wrote pre-BSys4 - and that is what I meant!!!

It was part of the discussion, if the new PUC's could be used on those devices - and in this way benefit from some of the new buttons.

You say, that they can't.

That ends the discussion, and - as I wrote - probably no one would update them anyway...because of the costs.

MM

Fair enough that you want to end the discussion here, I just tried to help :P
I am just stating that V1 and BV11 have been released prior to BSys4 and therefore "pre-BSys4" is a bit inaccurate if you want to include V1 and BV11), but yeah, lets not beat this horse to death. :)

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
3,623 Posts
Bronze Member

Millemissen:
That is because you can configure the One to react so!

It either uses the same code and all the TVs would react at the same time... or it doesn't use the same code. When not emulating a Beo4, it seems it uses a new set of code.

Beoworld app with direct photo upload and emoticons.

NessimelliM
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,613 Posts
Bronze Member

I'll eat my shorts if they should have used the oldfashioned ROM.

No one does that anymore - it wasn't done with the latest Beo4's, so why with the BeOne?

If the software is buggy, that needs to be fixed.

Question is, can a dealer do that, or can that only be done in Struer (or the Czech factory) - like with the latest Beo4's?

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

NessimelliM
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,613 Posts
Bronze Member

PapaJustify:

I am just stating that V1 and BV11 have been released prior to BSys4 and therefore "pre-BSys4" is a bit inaccurate if you want to include V1 and BV11), but yeah, lets not beat this horse to death. :)

BSys4 is the term used for the engine in V1/BV11 and of course in the standalone BeoSystem4.

So - no beating of the horse....as long as we understand each other.

MM

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
3,623 Posts
Bronze Member
PapaJustify:

I think as often here, we're arguing for nothing as we mean the same thing but use different wording. I for myself consider the v1 and bv11 to Bsys 4 based even though they were released before the actual bsys4 standalone box.

Also bsys 3 was also a video engine.

Beoworld app with direct photo upload and emoticons.

NessimelliM
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,613 Posts
Bronze Member

Pardon me - I should have written pre-BSys4 based tv's Sad

MSmileM

Raeuber
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
2,542 Posts
Bronze Member
Raeuber replied on Thu, May 15 2014 11:20 AM
I think you can't update BeoRemote One by yourself, because it has no access to internet and no connection to join with a PC.

In the last few years many new commands had been added to Beo4 (Apple TV, Youtube) or commands had been renamed (Phone, Doorcam). It's for sure that there will be new commands needed in future, so it's a good question if at least dealers will be able to update the software of BeoRemote One quick and easy.

Greets

Räuber
Raeuber
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
2,542 Posts
Bronze Member
Raeuber replied on Thu, May 15 2014 11:29 AM
Millemissen:

Pardon me - I should have written pre-BSys4 based tv's

M M

I think these pre-BSys4 based TVs (BV 7, 10 ...) can use the three MyButtons, but only to select a source. The INFO and GUIDE buttons will not work. So says the manual. The only question is if the INFO and GUIDE buttons will work for PUC-controlled devices. If so, the PUC tables of these TVs need an update by dealers.

The BSys4 based TVs (V1, BV 11) will need a software update for working with BeoRemote One like the new Avant. Also the PUC tables. But both updates can be done by yourself.

Räuber
PapaJustify
Top 500 Contributor
110 Posts
Bronze Member

Raeuber:
The only question is if the INFO and GUIDE buttons will work for PUC-controlled devices. If so, the PUC tables of these TVs need an update by dealers.

No, they won't. Not on those "pre-Bsys4" TVs.

Raeuber
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
2,542 Posts
Bronze Member
Raeuber replied on Thu, May 15 2014 12:25 PM
PapaJustify:

No, they won't. Not on those "pre-Bsys4" TVs.

I suppose the same. With these TVs the INFO and GUIDE buttons will be 'dead for ever'.
NessimelliM
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,613 Posts
Bronze Member

The Beo4 (navi) can be used for the Avant!

Just received the response from BeoCare - took less than 2 hours Yes - thumbs up

They confirm that it can be used - but they of cource recommend the BeoRemote One in order to have 'all the functions' working. ("for at få fuld udnytte af alle funktioner.")

MM

Emil Jensen
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
762 Posts
Bronze Member

That is not a problem because you can name your sources your self. So if you have a playstation 5 in 2020 you will be able to name it on the remote your self. And the TV will download the code from the internet.

Beovision Harmony 77" 2nd Gen, Beolab 5, Beolab 17, Beosound 1, Beoplay M3, Beoplay Portal, Beoplay Earset, Beoliving Intelligence 

Raeuber
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
2,542 Posts
Bronze Member
Millemissen:

The Beo4 (navi) can be used for the Avant!

Just received the response from BeoCare - took less than 2 hours

They confirm that it can be used - but they of cource recommend the BeoRemote One in order to have 'all the functions' working. (" for at få fuld udnytte af alle funktioner. ")

MM

Hi MM,

that response was to be expected.

But do you have to tell the Avant if you will use a Beo4 with or without navi button (at older Pre-BSys4 based TVs you have to store this in setup menu). And what has to be stored at these TVs if you wonna use a BeoRemote One: Beo4 with or without navi button?

Greets

Räuber
NessimelliM
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,613 Posts
Bronze Member

The userguide says nothing about this, we will have to look for ourselves in the shop.

Unless somebody already know the answer.

MM

imac
Not Ranked
Germany
52 Posts
Bronze Member
imac replied on Thu, May 15 2014 2:10 PM

My dealer told me that the BeoRemote One (steel finish) will be available in early July for purchase without the Avant.

Currently the 3 MyButtons do only work with the Avant. My dealer spoke with Struer and asked if they will also work with the BV11 in the future, but he did not receive a definite answer. :(

Beovision 11-55, Beovision 10-46, Beovision 7-40, Beocenter 6-23, Beosound 9000, Beolab 18, Beolab 19, 2xBeolab 3, Beolab 8000, Beolab 6000, Beolab 2, Beocom 6000, Beosound 3, Playmaker

Page 3 of 5 (64 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL