rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 63 Replies | 3 Followers

KMA
Top 150 Contributor
621 Posts
Bronze Member
KMA posted on Wed, May 14 2014 5:27 PM

Hi fellow BeoWorlders!

While waiting to pull the trigger on the Avant – it was not love at first sight similarly to what I had with Beovision 11 due to the rather plain design of Avant and the odd-looking center speaker grille, despite the magic of B&O's signature mechanical movements – I'm very interested in upgrading my Beo5 to the new BeoRemote One.

I've been making enquiries about its availability, and I am getting very mixed information from varied sources: on this forum, there is a post saying that it is available for pre-order (where?) and will be delivered from June 1 onwards. Some of my sources say that it will be available late in this summer or early in the fall, and now I've got word from B&O that it will be available at the end of this year.

So which is it, or does it depend on the country you live in? The communication of the availability seems to span anything from June to several months later.

To dealers possibly reading this post – if any dealer in Europe can sell me a BeoRemote One in the June/Summer timeframe, somehow, with shipping to Finland, please PM me. While waiting for Avant's design to grow on me, and contemplating what to do with my BV11-46, I'd like to purchase the new remote as soon as possible. I find myself wanting it more badly than the forthcoming iPhone 6, for which I'll probably be standing in line again, or have someone standing in line for me, depending on the weather (not kidding). For BeoRemote One, do I need to go camp outside B&O's HQ in Struer? There might be some crazy PR value in doing so Big Smile 

KMA

B&O product history since 1991: Ridiculously long to list in a signature.

All Replies

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
3,623 Posts
Bronze Member

Sal:
Everything seems flat and flush save for maybe the OK/Arrow buttons.

Actually the buttons are not flat at all, but it doesn't show on the pictures. You'll easily feel the different rows. The buttons you need to call without looking are in places you can find easily by touch (channels +/- and volume are at the bottom left and right, play/pause FF/REW are below the arrow pad, Info, Text, Guide are above the arrow pad).

For the source selection, you'll need to look at the screen, unless you're using the 3 pre-programmed buttons, which can also be easily found by touch.

p.

Beoworld app with direct photo upload and emoticons.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,596 Posts
Bronze Member

I guess we will get used to it Unsure

P.S. As you may notice from that comment, I am not 100% in love with the One.

Big question - can I use a Beo4 w.navi with the Avant? The userguide says nothing about this.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
5,355 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Thu, May 15 2014 10:12 AM

PhilLondon:

Two dealers told me the remote wasn't yet available... Even though I suggested they could get it as a spare part.

I'm having enough issues getting the Essence remote. Seems to have a month lead time from ordering. I ordered mine at the beginning of May (and is estimated to be here end of May).

You do wonder why B&O doesn't stock some of these in advance? Surely if you announce a new product, you'd have a quantity in stock?

I'm also interested in the new BeoRemote One.

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
3,623 Posts
Bronze Member

Millemissen:
Big question - can I use a Beo4 w.navi with the Avant? The userguide says nothing about this.

I was told the Avant requires the BeoRemote One.

Also, the BeoRemote One will become the standard remote.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,596 Posts
Bronze Member

Raeuber:

BeoRemote One can't be updated (like Beo 4).

But V1/BV 11 will be updated to use the three MyButtons and INFO and GUIDE.

The other old Beo4 devices probably will accept INFO and GUIDE with PUC updates for exeternal devices, but not MyButtons.

Of cource the BeOne can be updated - if they can upload the current software to it, they can also upload a new one, if needed.

But probably the BeOne won't need any new software for a long time - in the future though, surely some changes will have to be made..

The question is - will the dealers be able to do this?

The BeOne will work out of the box with Beo4 devices - it is just a matter of configuration. 

And you can have more configurations at the same time - see guide!

What needs to be updated are the 'older' BSys4 devices. Did your dealer tell you that that will happen?

Not much sense in changing the PUC's for pre-BSys4 tv's in order to get the INFO/GUDE buttons working.

Who wants to pay a BO technician to come for changing the PUCs (that is too expensive, imo).

MM

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,596 Posts
Bronze Member

PhilLondon:

Millemissen:

I was told the Avant requires the BeoRemote One.

Also, the BeoRemote One will become the standard remote.

I'll have to give that a try next time I am in a shop.

They both use the same codes.

Probably some functions aren't possible, but then it would depend on whether you need/use these functions or not.

And I have 'lots of' Beo4's in my house anyway - I don't intend to throw them away.

MM

PapaJustify
Top 500 Contributor
110 Posts
Bronze Member

Millemissen:

Not much sense in changing the PUC's for pre-BSys4 tv's in order to get the INFO/GUDE buttons working.

Who wants to pay a BO technician to come for changing the PUCs (that is too expensive, imo).

All of the video products that are based on the Video Engine will receive an update to support the new PUC system that amongst other things supports the INFO and GUIDE buttons. Those new PUCs are available online, so no need to have a technician come over (ideally).

PapaJustify
Top 500 Contributor
110 Posts
Bronze Member

Double post

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,596 Posts
Bronze Member

That is great news.

But if those and the BeOne will be supported on pre-BSys4 devices, you would still have to have someone coming to do the PUC-update manually.

MM

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
3,623 Posts
Bronze Member

Millemissen:

I don't think they do.  In the shop I was the guy was controlling the Avant from far and no other TV were reacting.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,596 Posts
Bronze Member

I don't like a situation, where I'll have to have different remotes in my house.

It is hard enough to 'teach' my wife to use one (the Beo4) Whistle

MM

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,596 Posts
Bronze Member

PhilLondon:

Millemissen:

I don't think they do.  In the shop I was the guy was controlling the Avant from far and no other TV were reacting.

That is because you can configure the One to react so!

MM

PapaJustify
Top 500 Contributor
110 Posts
Bronze Member

Millemissen:

That is great news.

But if those and the BeOne will be supported on pre-BSys4 devices, you would still have to have someone coming to do the PUC-update manually.

MM

Why? Possibility for downloading PUC files from BeoPortal has been introduced with BeoPlay V1 and runs through BV11, BSys4 and now Avant.
You probably mean Pre-Video Engine products (of which the last ones were BV10 and BSys3). These (to my knowledge) won't get a software update and won't support the new BeoRemote One buttons. 

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,596 Posts
Bronze Member

PapaJustify:

Millemissen:

That is great news.

MM

Why? Possibility for downloading PUC files from BeoPortal has been introduced with BeoPlay V1 and runs through BV11, BSys4 and now Avant.
You probably mean Pre-Video Engine products (of which the last ones were BV10 and BSys3). These (to my knowledge) won't get a software update and won't support the new BeoRemote One buttons. 

I wrote pre-BSys4 - and that is what I meant!!!

It was part of the discussion, if the new PUC's could be used on those devices - and in this way benefit from some of the new buttons.

You say, that they can't.

That ends the discussion, and - as I wrote - probably no one would update them anyway...because of the costs.

MM

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
3,623 Posts
Bronze Member

Millemissen:
Updating the One?  I asked my dealer, but he did not know.

Millemissen:
Of cource the BeOne can be updated - if they can upload the current software to it, they can also upload a new one, if needed.

It depends if the software in on a ROM or Flash/EpROM chip. An old fashion ROM can't be programmed. It also depends if the hardware allows it (it would some kind of connector to connect to a PC).

The reason I was asking is because if I get one of the early model, and the software is buggy...

Page 2 of 5 (64 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL