Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Brian
Not Ranked
California
72 Posts
Bronze Member
Brian posted on Sun, May 11 2014 1:56 PM

Hi,

New to B&O, and my first real post on the forum. I have recently acquired an almost-mint Beosystem 7000 for my living / dining room, and I am now looking for a good set of loudspeakers to go with it. From a budget perspective, I am looking at getting used speakers in about the 500-800€ range. That would include entry-level models from most mainstream brands. The B&O option within my price range would be four Beolab 6000s or a pair of 8000s, but I have heard mixed reviews about the audio quality as compared to more conventional boxes.

I am curious to know what speakers other users have used with the Beomaster 7000, especially non- B&O passives. I am currently leaning towards getting four shelf speakers on stands, in order to have an even sound distribution throughout the room. The lower range might suffer, but I have no desire to amp up the base, I like to read while listening to music.

Sorry if this is a newbie question.

Quick intro. I stumbled onto B&O after buying my first house. My parents had a top-of-the-line quadrophonic system that they bought new in the '70s. I asked them if I could have the stereo, as I had little money for a new one. Unfortunately, they sold it a year prior to a collector. So I wound up looking around for a nice used system and got a Beosystem 7000.

Thanks,

-Brian

All Replies

MediaBobNY
Top 75 Contributor
Greenwich Village, NYC
1,106 Posts
Bronze Member

I've got a pair of PSB Mini Stratus's in piano gloss black on optional floor stands hooked up to my Beosystem 6500 (same thing as 7000).   Good looking, great sounding, highly recommended by Stereophile Magazine (which doesn't accept advertising).  $1,100 when new, sell for around $600 used on eBay including matching stands.  There's a quality amp. in these Beomasters; using active BL's is redundant IMHO.

Brian
Not Ranked
California
72 Posts
Bronze Member
Brian replied on Tue, May 13 2014 7:08 PM

Thanks for the recommendation. I am looking for exactly something like the PSB Mini. Unfortunately, PSB isn't that common here in Germany. I plan on listening to some Dali speakers at a local dealer soon. Dali seems to have a pretty good reputation from what I have read and is also coincidently a Danish brand.

McRib
Not Ranked
36 Posts
Bronze Member
McRib replied on Thu, May 10 2018 8:12 AM

it's 2018 but i;m wonderimngwhat route you took withyour speakers. did you do the dali's? i'm looking at those too but for a different set up and am curious how they pared with b&o's

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL