Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Beolab 3500 software update.

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 20 Replies | 3 Followers

Bundy
Not Ranked
67 Posts
Bronze Member
Bundy posted on Tue, Apr 22 2014 7:48 AM

Hi

From other treats I have read that I can update my Beolab 3500 SW 1.1 to 3.33 by changing a PCB board. Where can I buy this board, and is it easy to change? 

Brgds Mogens

All Replies

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
1,170 Posts
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Sat, Apr 26 2014 3:05 PM

I don't now if my answer is relevant to your question:

Asked my dealer a while ago (again) if my Beolab 2000 could be upgraded to accept 'A.AUX' from the IR-command. This time he contacted B&O and told me: there is no software update availlable for the Bl 2000 as it was with the BL 3500.

So I keep on pushing my bedrooms BV 3 into A.AUX and then walk to my bathroom to push the 'ON' button of my Bl 2000 in the bathroom. Embarrassed

Keeps my health in shape Crying

"Believe nothing you read and only half of what you see, let your ears tell you the truth."

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
1,656 Posts
Gold Member
TWG replied on Sun, Apr 27 2014 12:38 PM

Thanks Chris, for the B&O fitness tips ;-)

I know that the Beolab 2000 are old, but it would be nice to upgrade their functionality. I guess there are more than enough of them sitting some where in homes waiting to arrive in the 21st century. :-)

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,593 Posts
Bronze Member

Chris - you have a 'BeoSport' in your house Big Smile

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
1,170 Posts
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Sun, Apr 27 2014 8:26 PM

TWG:

Thanks Chris, for the B&O fitness tips ;-)

I know that the Beolab 2000 are old, but it would be nice to upgrade their functionality. I guess there are more than enough of them sitting some where in homes waiting to arrive in the 21st century. :-)

Indeed, its such a very fine sounding loudspeaker, fits so nicely in a lost corner of my bathroom...

Millemissen:

Chris - you have a 'BeoSport' in your house Big Smile
MM

Forget to mention: after switching the BL2000 on, I first have to go back into the bedroom to put the BV3 off. Hé,Hé. Lives easy with ML....
Dear MM and TWG, I can still go to the fitness afterwards, Beer

I really have to make some time changing the configuration of my ML and use the line-in of my new NL/ML converter. This would reduce all those steps to activate the sound coming from my Mac mini on the BL2000.
Removing the Mac mini from A-AUX on the BS3200, and configure the Mac mini on the NL/ML converter line-in input to VMEM (would be V-Tape button for the BL2000). And best of all, it would perhaps upgrade sound on the ML chain, putting one section (BS3200) out of this chain. I guess Line-in on the NL/ML converter injects the analog signal more or less directly into the ML-cable.

"Believe nothing you read and only half of what you see, let your ears tell you the truth."

beolion
Top 200 Contributor
484 Posts
Gold Member
Hi

Does anyone know which commands the bl3500 and 2000 accept with the different versions?

Ie a.aux, v.mem, dtv etc

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
1,170 Posts
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Mon, Apr 28 2014 4:09 PM

beolion:
Hi

Does anyone know which commands the bl3500 and 2000 accept with the different versions?

Ie a.aux, v.mem, dtv etc

Keith has already given the answer and info about the latest actual SW3.3 for the beolab 3500 including the commands, take a look at the old forum http://archivedforum.beoworld.org/forums/t/36474.aspx

SW1.1 is till today still the actual software for the Beolab 2000, witch means there is no A-AUX button.

I am sure that B&O could bring the BL2000 to the same level as the BL3500, but age of the appliance and part price for the complete renewal of the PCB1 board, would not be a commercial step for the factory and to costly for customers. The microcomputer is located on PCB1, witch is a main board in the BL2000, as the microcomputer PCB36 in the BL3500 is only a small part.

I am using a BEO4, witch gives me the possibility to use all the normal buttons for daily use (tv, radio, V-mem, A-mem, dvd…). But I cannot use any of the added commands, as is A-Aux.

Listening to A-Aux is only possible with pushing the play-button on the BL2000 or mute-button on the BEO4, but A-Aux must already being started and playing somewhere in the ML link.

Hope to be of some help.

Page 2 of 2 (21 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL