rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 29 Replies | 2 Followers

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,139 Posts
Bronze Member
Michael posted on Tue, Apr 8 2014 7:20 PM

I recently saw a really beautiful high resolution movie on my TV with a friend and it was a stunning experience, both in sound and graphics. 

Perhaps anyone has their own recommendations on movies that really requires a good system?  

The movie I´m talking about now is called Samsara, heres a trailer

All Replies

Gatex
Top 500 Contributor
127 Posts
Bronze Member
Gatex replied on Tue, Apr 8 2014 7:26 PM

Brazzers !

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,139 Posts
Bronze Member

Gatex:

Brazzers !

Is that a joke? I think you should consider twice before posting like that. 

Gatex
Top 500 Contributor
127 Posts
Bronze Member
Gatex replied on Tue, Apr 8 2014 7:43 PM

dude Relax ! You asked I answered.

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Badsey, UK
3,344 Posts
Gold Member
It's a good question. I've just gone from an 11-46 to a 7-55. The difference in quality and detail is beyond subtle. Films I watched out of curiosity have now become spectacles. Prometheus for anyone who has followed the Alien series could have been much better, but as a technical feat on the. 7 it's fantastic.

Last night we watched the Loan Ranger and not only was the quality of the image excellent, but the closing scene with William a Tell playing, sounded amazing too. Some Blurays like Clash of the Titans in my case, are of very poor quality. How do we know what's good quality with Blurays? I can get better quality music, why not better quality DVDs.

For a good quality factual programme, and if you want to see where we live up in Newcastle go to BBC Iplayer and watch Border Country in HD by Rory Stewart. Not only a great programme pictorially, but and as I predict the future PM of our country a very interesting watch.(I live just east of Hexham)

Beovision Eclipse, BeoLab 17,Beolit 15, Beoplay A2 Active

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
3,640 Posts
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Tue, Apr 8 2014 8:44 PM

I tend to have a soft spot for movies that offer stunning visual imagery, although too often lately the big name movies are millions and millions for CGI effects wrapped around a mediocre plot and writing.

The Hunger Games is short on special effects but heavy on beautifully filmed woods and outdoor places. Blade Runner is of course both visually stunning and a great movie. The original Alien, and Alien 3, great imagery.

I saw Jarhead recently, kind of a so so film about a bunch of Marines in the Gulf War, it nevertheless had some stunning, if disturbing, imagery. Walking along after Saddam set the oil wells on fire, black from horizon to horizon, flaming oil rigs spewing smoke, and it raining black oil. Some truly gruesome depictions of the aftereffects of air strikes on convoys.

Oblivion had some interesting visuals. Sometimes I call movies that have great visuals but are otherwise bad a guilty pleasure. Like 10,000 BC, great, stunning images, absolutely god awful movie. Stick out tongue

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

benjnz
Top 500 Contributor
83 Posts
Bronze Member

Chris Townsend:
It's a good question. I've just gone from an 11-46 to a 7-55. The difference in quality and detail is beyond subtle. Films I watched out of curiosity have now become spectacles. Prometheus for anyone who has followed the Alien series could have been much better, but as a technical feat on the. 7 it's fantastic.

Last night we watched the Loan Ranger and not only was the quality of the image excellent, but the closing scene with William a Tell playing, sounded amazing too. Some Blurays like Clash of the Titans in my case, are of very poor quality. How do we know what's good quality with Blurays? I can get better quality music, why not better quality DVDs.

For a good quality factual programme, and if you want to see where we live up in Newcastle go to BBC Iplayer and watch Border Country in HD by Rory Stewart. Not only a great programme pictorially, but and as I predict the future PM of our country a very interesting watch.(I live just east of Hexham)

Cool thanks for the tip Chris, I have two of the episodes ready to watch when my Apple TV and BV11 arrive on Saturday. Can't wait.

Always loved wandering around Hexam and Corbridge.

Movie wise on me old BV4 - The Musketeers in HD is a good view Smile

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Badsey, UK
3,344 Posts
Gold Member
And had an actor who was probably all our first love :-/

Beovision Eclipse, BeoLab 17,Beolit 15, Beoplay A2 Active

Marcello
Top 500 Contributor
194 Posts
Silver Member

Tron:Legacy. Great effects, plenty of opportunities to appreciate handling of black, and amazing soundtrack. The plot though is nothing to write home about.

olvisab
Top 75 Contributor
1,362 Posts
Silver Member
Blade runner, men in black...

beolab 5, beolab 9, beolab 3, beolab 10, beolab 5000, beolab 8000, beolab 3500, IWS 2000, beovision 7 55 mk2,  beotime, beogram 7000 white mmc2, beosound ouverture, beosound essence, beomaster 900 RG de luxe and the collection continues...

PhilLondon
Top 25 Contributor
London
3,607 Posts
Bronze Member

Life of Pi

Beoworld app with direct photo upload and emoticons. Other apps: ConsltThe Story Mouse

PhilLondon
Top 25 Contributor
London
3,607 Posts
Bronze Member

Life of Pi

Beoworld app with direct photo upload and emoticons. Other apps: ConsltThe Story Mouse

mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
921 Posts
Bronze Member
I've always lived Hero

Amazing photography.
rxcohen
Top 500 Contributor
New York
200 Posts
Bronze Member

When I received my BV11-55 I went out and bought several films which are stunning on the TV. Of note are the last two Batman films, 2001, Prometheus, inception, apocalypse now. I streamed Samsara and I am sure as a BR it would be fantastic. I have to invest in Blade Runner BR, as the plain old DVD does not look that great. Same goes for Akira Kurosawa RAn, which on DVD is a horrible transfer.

BV11-55, BS9000, BL1, BL19, Transmitter 1, Beo4, Beocom 6000, BeoTalk1 200, Sennheiser HD600, McIntosh MHA100

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,218 Posts
Founder
Resurrection of a thread.

I am enjoying a new found experience with having fiddle with something on the ATV it now auto-adjusts between speaker settings.

And of course the BL19 is making a BIG difference.

Except I robbed it of its cable to support the Essence.

Still looking for recent recommendations .....

BeoNut since '75

Page 1 of 2 (30 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL