rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 9 Replies | 2 Followers

Hen62
Not Ranked
1 Posts
Bronze Member
Hen62 posted on Sat, Nov 24 2012 6:52 PM

Hello,

My Beomaster 3300 sound volume will not go up or down, even though the controls appear to be working correctly and the volume level lights all respond when pressed individually or the up and down buttons. There is sound coming from the speakers and it sounds perfectly correct, it's just at low volume and will not increase.  Sounds like the receiver is stuck on the lowest volume setting.  The Mute button does work, and cuts off the sound.  I've looked at the manuals, but I haven't been able to find anything related to this.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.  I'm in New York City.

All Replies

solderon29
Top 200 Contributor
U.K.West Midlands
248 Posts
Gold Member

Volume is controlled by a data signal from the computer,this is interpreted by a special chip that varies the volume up and down.It's 2ic6(TDA1074)in this model,and is the most likely cause of the problem.If you are not technical though,it's best to get help from a local service centre with B&O experience.

Nick

NigelGee
Not Ranked
12 Posts
Bronze Member

I've got the same problem, did you get it sorted out and, if so, was it expensive?

NickNike
Top 500 Contributor
England
77 Posts
Bronze Member

Would it be as simple as buying a new TDA1074 and swapping?

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
9,321 Posts
Founder
Dillen replied on Sun, May 14 2017 9:57 AM

It was 4½ years ago...

Martin

NickNike
Top 500 Contributor
England
77 Posts
Bronze Member

Does it matter? Surely people can remember back over 4 years. I bet you know the answer.

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
9,321 Posts
Founder
Dillen replied on Sun, May 14 2017 3:29 PM

NickNike:

... I bet you know the answer.

And what's that supposed to mean?

Martin

NickNike
Top 500 Contributor
England
77 Posts
Bronze Member

It means I think you probably know the answer because of your vast knowledge of the subject. That's all it means. Do you know the answer? You did ask me to come to this forum to ask the questions.

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
9,321 Posts
Founder
Dillen replied on Sun, May 14 2017 4:18 PM

No, I don't know the answer.
If I did, I would have told you. Exactly as I've done countless times before.

But it's a fairly simple circuit, - why don't you diagnose it and share your experience with us here?

BTW: 4½ years - does it matter?
That's for you to decide. OP may or may not remember what was wrong, but hasn't been visiting Beoworld since 2012

Martin

NickNike
Top 500 Contributor
England
77 Posts
Bronze Member

OK, many thanks for the info and thanks for all the help before.

There is a unit for sale on ebay. looks really good but it has the same problem with the volume remaining low. So I don't have it as yet and I was trying to get some idea of the problem by asking the experienced guys here, including yourself of course.

I wasn't aware the gentleman hasn't been on the forum for many years.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS