rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Bieele
Top 150 Contributor
367 Posts
Bronze Member
Bieele posted on Thu, Dec 7 2017 11:31 AM

My current setup is:

Beovision 8-40, Beosound 9000, front speakers Beolab 5 (connected with powerlink AND digital to BS9000), 2 beolab rear speakers.

I am looking to upgrade my tv, but I want to stick to the digital connection between BS9000 and BL5 because I think the sound quality is a lot better then through the powerlink only connection. What is the best way to do this? If I upgrade to the BV Horizon, if I understand correctly, there is no way to keep the digital connection easily. Furthermore I am in doubt about the concept of LG panel on top of a B&O soundbar.....

Therefore I am leaning towards a non B&O tv. What are you thoughts on a possible setup to keep the one remote B&O feel and keep the digital BS9000 connection to the BL5?

For instance: Would it work to use a Beosystem 3 (can be bought relatively cheap now) as a sound processor and connect a 4K LG tv (without losing 4K)? 

All Replies

Martin
Top 500 Contributor
Sweden
112 Posts
Silver Member

Hi, Buying a Beosystem 3 is maybe the best solution if you not want to loose your possibility to feed the Beolab 5 with digital signal from the Beosound 9000. You could also use a "Powerlink Switch" https://shop.oneremote.dk/en/product/oneremote-powerlink-switch/

With this switch you connect the powerlink cable from Beosound 9000 and the powerlink from the B&O-TV (i.e Horisont, BV 14, Eclipse or Avant NG). You also connect the digital Coax-cable from the Beosound 9000 to the Beolab 5 as you do today. This switch automatically switch between BS9000 and the TV depending on which source that You choose. It will also fully support the "CD-command" from the Beosound 9000 that will "open up" the digital input in the Beolab 5.

Best Regards
Martin

Beovision 7-55 3D with Bluray (sw 13.12), Beolab 5 (sw 3.30a), Beolab 3, Beolab 3500, Beo4, Beosound 5, Beomaster 5,  Beosound 9000 Mark III (sw 3.4), Beolink Gateway (Beolink App), Auralic Aries (Femto clocks)

Bieele
Top 150 Contributor
367 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Martin,

Thx for your quick reply, the switch option sounds interesting, I did not know this one yet. When I understand your proposal correctly; this way the powerlink from BS9000 to BL5 handles the volume control (and the digital connection the sound)?

Martin
Top 500 Contributor
Sweden
112 Posts
Silver Member

Hi, Yes correct!. This switch will forward the "command" of CD from BS9000 to the Labs5 and the powerlink will control the volume. This is exactly the way it work when you directly connect the Masterlink cable from BS 9000 to a ML-based TV and at the same time use the digital connection from BS9000 to the LABS5.

I have this switch myself. I dont use it because I today have a Beovision 7-55 and this TV forward the CD-command from BS9000 to the Labs5. But if I buy a newer BV they will not support this feature. Then this switch will be usable. I have tried it in that way that I disconnected my Beovision 7-55 and put my BS9000 in Option 1 (as I should when I dont have an Masterlink-TV). It works really great. In Option 1 the BS9000 use it owns IR and not the TV:s. The volume is regulated thru powerlink and the digital input in labs 5 opens up which gives a great sound!.

/Martin

Beovision 7-55 3D with Bluray (sw 13.12), Beolab 5 (sw 3.30a), Beolab 3, Beolab 3500, Beo4, Beosound 5, Beomaster 5,  Beosound 9000 Mark III (sw 3.4), Beolink Gateway (Beolink App), Auralic Aries (Femto clocks)

Bieele
Top 150 Contributor
367 Posts
Bronze Member
Bieele replied on Sat, Dec 9 2017 10:27 AM

Thx Martin, very clear! 

I was very close to buying an Eclipse recently, but was put off by the information that I would need to loose the digital connection. That is clearly a "no go" for me, therefore I was looking into other options, but because of your information I am seriously reconsidering the Eclipse again :-)

Mr 10Percent
Top 200 Contributor
Way Out West
318 Posts
Bronze Member

I was once running BL5 with BM/BS5 and a BV7-55. All have SP/Dif connectors. 

Asyou have already discovered, the BL5’s run better with the coax from the audio equipment . However Daisy-chaining the equipment above showed no noticeable improvement in sound quality from the video sources. 

Thus, I believe as long as your audio is connected digitally to the BL5’s, that’s as good as it will get. Video PL to BL5

Bieele
Top 150 Contributor
367 Posts
Bronze Member
Bieele replied on Tue, Dec 12 2017 11:34 AM

Thx for the reply; I understand that this option will not provide an improvement for the video source audio; but as I understand it, it will assure that I can continue to keep the digital connection from my BS9000 to the BL5. That was my main concern.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS