Replacing the fuse in a Penta speaker

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 4 Replies | 1 Follower

AndrewH123
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Bronze Member
AndrewH123 posted on Tue, Dec 5 2017 10:14 PM

Hi all: I have a complete B and O 6500 system with two 6500 Penta speakers. Today when I turned the system on for the first time in six months there was no power to one of the speakers. I have been told that it might be a blown fuse. How do I get to the fuse and is there an alternative to the B & O fuse ???.

Thanks 

Andrew

All Replies

leogoeswild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
1,433 Posts
Bronze Member

Underneath the speaker there is a cover hold in place by a screw. Unscrew it, remove the cover. And you will see the two fuzes.

solderon29
Top 200 Contributor
U.K.West Midlands
329 Posts
Gold Member

Indeed,as above,but replace with the a same value and type as marked on the body of the fuse.

F means fast blow,and T means slow blow.

F1 is 2A,and F2 is 40Ma.

Available from Maplin in the U.K.

Regards,

Nick

AndrewH123
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks for your help, I have checked both fuses and they are ok. Also did an OHM test on my power cable, appears ok.

I think maybe one of the soldered connections inside the speaker may have come loose. There are 4 small panels on the

outside of the speaker that appear to be held in place by one screw, I am a bit nervous, but if I remove this screw will I gain access

to the electrical wiring.

Thanks

Andrew

solderon29
Top 200 Contributor
U.K.West Midlands
329 Posts
Gold Member

Not sure what you mean by four panels secured by one screw.

You need to dismantle the amplifier assembly from the speaker column and then further dismantle it to gain access to the electronics.Not a job for a novice!

If you are not confident about doing the work,do you have a B&O service agent locally.

It's odd for it not to function at all.Do you get a standby light in the display?

Is it a daft question,but have you checked the fuse in the main plug,or tried connecting to another outlet?

Regards,

Nick

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS