Wall mounted Beomaster 1200 indoor aerial question

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 5 Replies | 1 Follower

MrRoast
Top 200 Contributor
240 Posts
Bronze Member
MrRoast posted on Wed, Nov 15 2017 12:00 AM
I’m planning on wall mounting my Beomaster 1200 but would like to use an indoor aerial, however, my rabbit ears would be pointing 90 degrees the wrong way with their existing mounting bracket. Is there any solution to this?

All Replies

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
5,109 Posts
Gold Member
vikinger replied on Wed, Nov 15 2017 11:17 AM

MrRoast:
I’m planning on wall mounting my Beomaster 1200 but would like to use an indoor aerial, however, my rabbit ears would be pointing 90 degrees the wrong way with their existing mounting bracket. Is there any solution to this?

The official way to mount the BM1200 is shown on the last page of the BM1001 user manual (on this site). There was also a rectangular cover to hide the cables and connections, but there was clearly no provision for using the rabbit ear antenna with this set-up. Assuming you find a better DIY way to do the wall mounting, you may just have to reattach the antenna with Blu-tack. If you want to constantly readjust the antenna then maybe you'll have to make a special mounting block.

Graham

MrRoast
Top 200 Contributor
240 Posts
Bronze Member
MrRoast replied on Wed, Nov 15 2017 11:59 AM

Thanks Graham - I've got an original bracket and cable cover which I've restored and plan to use but as you said there's no consideration for the aerial!

It looks like I might have to fabricate a custom mount as I really love the look of the rabbit ears and ever since seeing this image have wanted to have my 1200 on the wall!

the_o_master
Top 100 Contributor
727 Posts
Silver Member

Very interesting topic (and the pic too)!

I know that there were an original bracket and cable cover for the BM1001/1200 but never saw it. Could you post few pictures of them?

Thanks!

@aerial: you could use the flexible dipole aerial too but of course, for the optimal appearance in your room, you would have to hide it more or less. If you have for example a piece of furniture or bookshelf near to the place where the BM1200 will be wall mounted, you can hide aerial along it. Than you have to hide only the visible part of aerial between BM and shelf for example using cable cover which can be painted in color of your wall (to not to be visible to much)...

And if you insist on rabbit aerial, than you will have to bend the ears of that rabbit Stick out tongue

Theomaster

Vintage Bang & Olufsen

MrRoast
Top 200 Contributor
240 Posts
Bronze Member

Here are a few pictures Theomaster - when I got the bracket it was very dirty and rusty, with the usual paint layers from years of decorating!

Interestingly the cable cover isn't brushed aluminium like you'd expect just painted steel!

the_o_master
Top 100 Contributor
727 Posts
Silver Member

Really interesting B&O item and very rare too.

Many thanks MrRoast for the pictures!

Theomaster

Vintage Bang & Olufsen

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS