Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Click here to change your Beoworld Account Details

My Beomaster 900 RGC, 'lifting' the experience.

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Kromer
Top 500 Contributor
Randers, Denmark
66 Posts
Gold Member
Kromer posted on Sun, Nov 12 2017 11:29 PM

One of the first B&O things I got was this 900 RG Compact. I just love the look of it and has been keen on giving it a prominent place in my house. In this case in the dining room, centre of the house, for background listening. To justify this it has to sound good enough and be integrated with the the rest of our B&O stuff.

So first I had the beomaster, beogram and speakers refurbished. Then I added an Essence mk2. Which was ok. The essence was connected over wifi and a bit unreliable. Sound was very good but also very close to the floor.

As we have been doing up the livingroom I decided to give it another reincarnation. I installed ml cables in a few rooms allowing the blc nl/ml to be placed next to the essence. Letting them us the same cabled connection and communicate directly through a switch. This has ruled out almost all reliabilit issues Big Smile and it's easy to acces when you want to play around.

And as for lifting the sound a little higher up it seemed obvious to use a pair of cubes! Through a pair of jbl crossovers though but it works beautifully. And the cubes just seem to be at home almost everywhere. Smile

and a couple of pics 

All Replies

Andrew
Top 100 Contributor
Frinton, UK
685 Posts
Silver Member
Andrew replied on Wed, Nov 22 2017 9:49 AM

Really nice job - I love seeing vintage products restored and updated - great way to give them a longer lease of life

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS