Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Amazing choice of pre-owned Bang and Olufsen

Got a problem with the Forum?
then please email me at keith@beoworld.org with details

Click here to change your Beoworld Account Details

[From a technical standpoint] Can a Beogram suffer from not being used?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Dunderhonning
Not Ranked
Oslo, Norway
32 Posts
Gold Member
Dunderhonning posted on Thu, Nov 9 2017 10:55 AM

Worst headline ever, I know. Sorry. 

What I'm trying to ask is whether I should use one of my Beograms more frequently than the others in order to keep it functioning? -or some more coherent and understandable version of that sentence. 

I've got one setup in my summerhouse, naturally this gets a lot less mileage than my home setup. 

Summerhouse: BG4000, BG3000. And I'm not worried about the 3000. Thorens built the TD124 like a tractor, so my logic is that as long as it's oil doesn't coagulate it'll work. Simple as that. I might be totally wrong though. 

But the 4000 has belts and other things I don't even know the name of, so I'm starting to wonder if I should exchange it for the 8002 in my home setup? This way it'll get regular use on a daily basis so all the voodoo underneath doesn't dry up or loose the will to live or something like that. 

Or am I overthinking things and making simple things complicated since I've got the technical know how of a scare crow? 

All Replies

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
9,630 Posts
Founder
Dillen replied on Thu, Nov 9 2017 12:29 PM

All things mechanic and electronic is best used once in a while. That's a good handrule.

Both Beogram 3000 and 8002 has a belt too.

Martin

Dunderhonning
Not Ranked
Oslo, Norway
32 Posts
Gold Member

Thanks, Martin! 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS