New beoplay product

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 64 Replies | 3 Followers

badgersurf
Top 150 Contributor
494 Posts
Gold Member
badgersurf posted on Wed, Nov 8 2017 9:14 AM

Just got the new email from beoplay and looks like a new product is being launched tomorrow, any idea?

All Replies

NickPG
Not Ranked
10 Posts
Bronze Member

I received the same email.

The filename of the image in the email 'W45-17-01-EU Teaser Beoplay M3 Stay Tuned'.

I guess this is the M3, a smaller version of the M5 to compete with Apples upcoming Homepod?

benoit
Top 150 Contributor
North East France
580 Posts
Bronze Member

I guess you are right : M3

https://fccid.io/document.php?id=3504046

But I don't think it can compete with the Homepod. Escpecially if the softwares go on beeing bugged...

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
4,412 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Wed, Nov 8 2017 10:04 AM

Rather interesting feedback on Facebook - existing customers complaining B&O/BeoPlay should focus on perfecting their existing products and fixing issues, rather than constantly bringing out new releases. They have a point.

apricedesign
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member

I think they absolutely have a point. The Beoplay brand seems lost at the moment, Not so much on the headphone side but without doubt on the speaker side.

Very much a follow not lead attitude. The app side is terrible and the products are not particularly bad design but they are not great. 

Apple, like them or not will knock it out the park with the homepod and beoplay will not as they currently stand be able to compete on the design or price. They will shift a tone of homepods with seamless connection, a price point at which most people in the market for them will be able to purchase multiple fairly comfortably and i'm pretty sure the sound will be as good as a play product. This is bad news for both beoplay and B&O. 

Play should be a lead in or first step to the bigger brand and give aspiration of one day owning a B&O product you will be proud of. They currently do not inspire confidence i'm afraid and if you loose large numbers of new customers coming in at the bottom where do you get them...

NickPG
Not Ranked
10 Posts
Bronze Member
NickPG replied on Wed, Nov 8 2017 10:55 AM

If it is a direct HomePod competitor I'd rather them do an enhanced M5, like Sonos have with their new Sonos One.

That said if this is a Sonos One, at a price point no higher that 20% more, than this could be really interesting.

Also it would be nice to get some clarity on Airplay 2 support. With B&W stating that none of its existing line-up will support the new standard, and my B&O dealers reassurances sounding a little hollow, I'm holding off on any new B&O purchases.  

apricedesign
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member

According to a Russian product listing the M3 will be around the £385.00 mark available in Black & Natural. 

''Compact and powerful, BeoPlay M3 will turn any space in your home into an outstanding sound experience - while its style and exchangeable front covers''

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
4,412 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Wed, Nov 8 2017 11:13 AM

NickPG:

If it is a direct HomePod competitor I'd rather them do an enhanced M5, like Sonos have with their new Sonos One.

I'd be very surprised if B&O can release a HomePod competitor before Apple, especially if the M3 is a smaller version of the M5.

Do we really need an M3? How many speakers does BeoPlay need in the range? I love BeoPlay products, but this is getting a bit daft now.

NickPG
Not Ranked
10 Posts
Bronze Member
NickPG replied on Wed, Nov 8 2017 11:18 AM

apricedesign:

According to a Russian product listing the M3 will be around the £385.00 mark available in Black & Natural. 

''Compact and powerful, BeoPlay M3 will turn any space in your home into an outstanding sound experience - while its style and exchangeable front covers''

If true this is very disappointing. 

$349 is the expected price of the Apple HomePod, the M3 is dead on arrival.

A Beoplay multi-room speaker between £200 and £240 would be a fantastic way to bring people into the B&O ecosystem. 

jrodrigo
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Bronze Member

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?variant=4545529610277

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
9,816 Posts
Bronze Member

Only getting an error trying out that url.

Where was it supposed to lead you to?

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

berlin2010
Top 500 Contributor
92 Posts
Bronze Member

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1370766-REG/b_o_play_by_bang_olufsen_1200317_beoplay_m3_us_speaker.html

Cached listing of M3 (since removed from live website), indicates price of US$299

Kromer
Top 500 Contributor
Randers, Denmark
65 Posts
Gold Member

I Saw an advert for an m3 this morning priced at 2,3xx dkk. I didn't know they were releasing a New product so I just dismissed as a fake as I thought the design was a bit fake m5 ish... perhaps it wasn't.

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
11,217 Posts
Founder

Picture and description here-

https://www.facebook.com/commerce/products/1480342302048502/

if I knew what a hashtag was and how to do it, it would be #underwhelmed.

Ban boring signatures!

benoit
Top 150 Contributor
North East France
580 Posts
Bronze Member

It's now out... Not badly priced, design simple but OK,  but still only Airplay 1 :-(

And I find the 65-22000HZ frequency range strange compared to the little P2. Beolit 17 and even S3 go much more down in bass range...

Page 1 of 5 (65 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS