rated by 0 users
This post has 9 Replies | 2 Followers

d
Not Ranked
london
Posts 1
Bronze Member
d Posted: Wed, Oct 18 2017 12:04 PM

hi all - loving the sound quality, aesthetics and ergonsomics of these cool earphones - but picking up a few niggles....

1. losing pairing and having to re-pair with my iphone 7

2. volume difference left v right (right sounds a bit quieter)

3. call quality - I took a call from my wife on the train yesterday, and she couldnt hear my voice clearly but could hear all the ambient noise in the train.

other than that I'm very happy with them - anyone else experiencing any niggles? do we know if B&O have picked anything up?

Wgdaquila
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
Wgdaquila replied on Wed, Oct 18 2017 3:01 PM

Hello, I believe I’m running into a few issues with my earbuds as well, it seems like the bass on the right earphone gets distorted. Could anyone give the track Treefingers by Radiohead a listen and see if the right channel struggles at all. Many thanks.

jonprocter
Not Ranked
Posts 22
Bronze Member

I didn't have any problems with pairing, but my right earphone was quite a bit quieter than the left too (ended up returning them earlier today). Never tried calling though. 

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 6,688
Founder
9 LEE replied on Thu, Oct 19 2017 8:25 AM

d:

3. call quality - I took a call from my wife on the train yesterday, and she couldnt hear my voice clearly but could hear all the ambient noise in the train.

other than that I'm very happy with them.....

I think you're very forgiving!  If any other brand launched with these issues they'd get slated...

Lee

jonprocter
Not Ranked
Posts 22
Bronze Member

9 LEE:

d:

other than that I'm very happy with them.....

I think you're very forgiving!  If any other brand launched with these issues they'd get slated...

Lee

This! People (myself included) seem to forgive B&O when they make pretty fundamental mistakes on expensive products (e.g; H8 first gen bluetooth problems, bad software on TVs, and now the E8s etc). Nobody else would be able to get away with stuff like that.

Dabbles
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
Dabbles replied on Fri, Nov 17 2017 2:06 PM

Wgdaquila:

Hello, I believe I’m running into a few issues with my earbuds as well, it seems like the bass on the right earphone gets distorted. Could anyone give the track Treefingers by Radiohead a listen and see if the right channel struggles at all. Many thanks.

Hi, I have this issue too.  Only noticed on a couple of tracks, but it does seem to be the right bud with certain low frequencies.  Lorde's "Buzzcut Season" and Taylor Swift's "New Year's Day" both exhibit some faint cracking.  Not sure what to do about it...  

Barry Santini
Top 150 Contributor
New York
Posts 402
Bronze Member
I was about to Buy E8s. Not any more
Dabbles
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
Dabbles replied on Fri, Nov 17 2017 2:48 PM

For balance, I should add that I love pretty much everything else about these headphones.  They don't match my Shure 425s for pure audio quality, but the freedom of truly wireless buds is absolutely perfect for my morning commute.  They are really nicely made, look good, connection between right and left is rock solid.  The only thing that disrupts it for a second is when you pass through those magnetic anti-theft bars in shop doors.

LeMirage
Not Ranked
Posts 29
Bronze Member
LeMirage replied on Fri, Nov 17 2017 2:49 PM

It's starts to become pathetic that they release these so called high-end earphones sizzling from start-up issues. What a joke

bandoneon
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
bandoneon replied on Sat, Nov 18 2017 8:14 AM

I'm having several issues too. I mentioned in another thread that the transparency functionality is fundamentally flawed - it only works when music is playing, imo it should also be possible to turn it on even when there's no music being streamed. I tried working around this by playing music and then turning on transparency in 'ambient' mode, imagining this would pause the music, but it doesn't, that's also weird. 

Bluetooth range is also disappointing. Inside it works fine (they all do), outside it works more or less fine when staying close to structures (walls etc), but once out in the open the connection constantly drops, all of this while keeping the phone in a pants pocket.

Also, the earbuds won't automatically reconnect to my phone when turned on, I have to manually go to bluetooth devices and reconnect.

The rest works fine, but these are for me fundamental problems and reason enough to return them.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS