Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Click here to see Christmas Prizes
Click here to change your Beoworld Account Details

No more dedicated USA technical support!

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 39 Replies | 0 Followers

Tifoso48
Top 500 Contributor
106 Posts
Bronze Member
Tifoso48 posted on Fri, Oct 13 2017 5:12 PM

I really wonder what is going on with B&O in the USA. I just called tech support and ended up talking with someone in Denmark. I asked them what happened to their technical support center in Chicago and I was told it was closed down and all calls now get routed to Denmark.

So now this in addition to closing flagship stores in major markets - it really makes me wonder if B&O is abandoning the USA . I really love the brand but I am starting to lose faith!

All Replies

Jeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
2,739 Posts
Bronze Member
Jeff replied on Tue, Oct 24 2017 3:11 PM

beojeff:

I tried tech support again today. It's impossible to get through. There's just a message that all lines are busy. B&O tech support is essentially dead.

But hey, the stock price is up! Can’t have everything. 

Jeff

Beovirus victim, it's gotten to be too much to list!

beojeff
Top 75 Contributor
USA
1,040 Posts
Bronze Member

Jeff:

beojeff:

I tried tech support again today. It's impossible to get through. There's just a message that all lines are busy. B&O tech support is essentially dead.

LOL. As I'm not a shareholder, I don't care about the stock price. As an owner of B&O products, I DO care about getting my products to work correctly. It's now impossible to get through to tech support. This was never the case before the support was moved to Denmark. Often, there might be a queue to be on hold to wait for help. However, as it is now, one does not even have the option to hold in a queue. You must keep hitting "redial." Even with "redial" I haven't been able to get through.

Jeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
2,739 Posts
Bronze Member
Jeff replied on Tue, Oct 24 2017 8:00 PM

beojeff:

Jeff:

beojeff:

LOL. As I'm not a shareholder, I don't care about the stock price. As an owner of B&O products, I DO care about getting my products to work correctly. It's now impossible to get through to tech support. This was never the case before the support was moved to Denmark. Often, there might be a queue to be on hold to wait for help. However, as it is now, one does not even have the option to hold in a queue. You must keep hitting "redial." Even with "redial" I haven't been able to get through.

Agree completely. I wonder if B&O is essentially abandoning the US market? If someone begs us to sell them something we'll let them deal with a pro partner trunk slammer, otherwise tough beans. This is not the kind of support you expect from a "premium" brand is it?

Jeff

Beophile
Not Ranked
USA
27 Posts
Founder

I recently built a house in the Washington DC area and outfitted every square inch of it (inside and out) with primarily B&O equipment, needless to say I'm heavily invested in the brand as a consumer.  I have strong concerns about the vanishing US stores and B&O’s plan to use pro partners and offshore technical support.

That said, after having recently completed a very large project with a pro partner, I can say it worked out very favorable for me.  In my case, I used a pro partner that chooses B&O first, and other equipment second.  With respect to the part of the system that involved B&O equipment, I believe the experience largely echoed what it would have been like to work with a B&O store.  That said, because my pro partner was able to integrate non-B&O equipment where B&O had a hole in their product lineup (e.g., outdoor speakers, networking equipment, cameras), using a pro partner actually work out better for me.

The key for me was using a pro partner that was primarily a B&O guy. I chose to work with Torsten Severtson of ampersand AV (ampersandav.com).  He either worked at and/or managed a B&O store in the Washington DC area before it closed and has a solid relationship with B&O, B&O’s installers in the area (solutionsbyswat.com), and B&O’s local repair person (esc-website.net).  He definitely provided, and continues to provide, a very B&O experience. The only area where the experience could have fallen short, was the lack of a showroom to view/experience the products being recommended.  However, that was not an issue for me because I knew exactly what I wanted.  That said, I can see it being an issue for others.  I believe he is aware of that, which is why has recently teamed up with BoConcept in Georgetown to add B&O products to their showroom which now effectively doubles as a B&O showroom.

Anyone in the Washington DC area thinking of adding B&O to their home should give Torsten of ampersand AV serious consideration.  I didn’t set out to make this such a strong plug for Torsten of ampersand AV, but wanted to give an example of a positive experience of working with a pro partner.  Although since I’m giving plugs, I should also give a recommendation for Neil Parikh at the B&O store at ABT Electronics in the Chicago area.

With respect to technical support being moved offshore, I’m actually having an issue with this now.  One of my Avant Mk1s is having an issue with the sound that, despite every board having been replaced, the problem persists and my repairman is having difficulty contacting B&O to come up with a solution.  I know that US technical support just stopped as of October 1, so hopefully the difficulty reaching technical support is just a temporary issue that needs to be ironed out instead of the new norm.

beojeff
Top 75 Contributor
USA
1,040 Posts
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Tue, Oct 24 2017 10:55 PM

Jeff, I wholly agree with you that this is not the type of support we should expect from a premium brand. I've always been very impressive with the quality of the U.S. tech support. I knew those guys by name. What I don't quite understand is how B&O could "cut corners" (as my dealer said) by consolidating the tech support with that in Denmark. My dealer said that there are only two people in tech support in Denmark now. The U.S. tech support aways seemed quite busy. It was expected to need to wait in a queue for someone to be available to help. I'm perfectly fine with waiting patiently in a queue. However, now we can't even get into the queue. The call just doesn't even go through.

Jeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
2,739 Posts
Bronze Member
Jeff replied on Thu, Oct 26 2017 5:31 PM

beojeff:

Jeff, I wholly agree with you that this is not the type of support we should expect from a premium brand. I've always been very impressive with the quality of the U.S. tech support. I knew those guys by name. What I don't quite understand is how B&O could "cut corners" (as my dealer said) by consolidating the tech support with that in Denmark. My dealer said that there are only two people in tech support in Denmark now. The U.S. tech support aways seemed quite busy. It was expected to need to wait in a queue for someone to be available to help. I'm perfectly fine with waiting patiently in a queue. However, now we can't even get into the queue. The call just doesn't even go through.

Just wondering what it says when you know the tech support guys by name...Crying Hopefully not from problems but from trying to integrate a complicated setup that needed support to figure out how to implement the options available. From what I've seen B&O things like the NL and MLGW are not all that straightforward or simple to implement, with a large number of capabilities and options comes complexity.

Jeff

MediaBobNY
Top 75 Contributor
Greenwich Village, NYC
1,031 Posts
Founder

beojeff:
I've always been very impressive with the quality of the U.S. tech support. I knew those guys by name. What I don't quite understand is how B&O could "cut corners" (as my dealer said) by consolidating the tech support with that in Denmark.

The B&O America Corporate Hdqtrs is in the process of being moved from IL to NYC.  Quite possibly the tech support people (BeoCare) didn't want to make the move and therefore B&O decided to farm the function out to Denmark rather than replacing them (I'd imagine they'd be difficult to replace).

MediaBobNY
Top 75 Contributor
Greenwich Village, NYC
1,031 Posts
Founder

Barry Santini:

I attended the grand opening of the former manager of the LI B&O store's new Elite Pro partner store.

Wonderful. All the usual tech support suspects were there: Dave Zapfel, Curtis and Thomas, along with Pat Divver, who runs the area's B&O support/repair facility. They were, to a man, energized beyond words about the latest direction for B&O.

I'm all in!

Barry

'Quite surprised to hear that the Manhasset store's former manager is essentially reopening in Little Neck, Queens, of all places (tho with a few other brands - he mentioned Samsung).   'Suppose the rent there does not compare to what he was paying in Manhasset's Miracle Mile (yes, the one mentioned in Billy Joel's It's Still Rock and Roll to Me

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
9,917 Posts
Bronze Member

Not directly related to the thread, but....

interesting anyway —— at least for some:

https://www.cepro.com/article/bang_olufsen_professional_custom_install_channel_program

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
3,283 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Sun, Oct 29 2017 4:06 PM

Very interesting article. Thanks for sharing!  Reminds me of a phone call I received several months ago from someone who had previously met.  He wanted to let me know he had a new business,and was there for me if I ever needed any technical assistance, repairs, or products. Reading this article I now understand much better what he was doing.

Page 3 of 3 (40 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS