Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Click here to see Christmas Prizes
Click here to change your Beoworld Account Details

No more dedicated USA technical support!

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 39 Replies | 0 Followers

Tifoso48
Top 500 Contributor
106 Posts
Bronze Member
Tifoso48 posted on Fri, Oct 13 2017 5:12 PM

I really wonder what is going on with B&O in the USA. I just called tech support and ended up talking with someone in Denmark. I asked them what happened to their technical support center in Chicago and I was told it was closed down and all calls now get routed to Denmark.

So now this in addition to closing flagship stores in major markets - it really makes me wonder if B&O is abandoning the USA . I really love the brand but I am starting to lose faith!

All Replies

Jeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
2,739 Posts
Bronze Member
Jeff replied on Thu, Oct 19 2017 4:55 PM

Razlaw:

I don't believe I posted one single thing about service. So no, I will not waste my time and B an O 's time with some fabricated service request.

Perhaps you could explain how mentioning the number of locations that sell B and O, as publicly posted on a B and O sites,  as well as quarterly report figures that are publicly available on the B and O site as well as countless other sites, is misguiding about service?

In other words, don't ask questions you don't really want the answers to...better to whistle past the graveyard. Wink

Jeff

Beovirus victim, it's gotten to be too much to list!

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
3,283 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Thu, Oct 19 2017 6:35 PM

I merely posted news that I believe to be good news. I do recognize that any positive comments about B and O have become anathema on this forum.

If by graveyard you were referring to B and O, hopefully the double digit revenue increase of last quarter will continue. Also, the adddition of over 300 pro partners in North America in the last quarter alone, bringing the total pro partners in North America to over 1,000, will hopefully be a good thing. 

beojeff
Top 75 Contributor
USA
1,040 Posts
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Thu, Oct 19 2017 10:25 PM

I can attest that I did try to call tech support with a legitimate issue. With repeated calls, I was never able to get through. I kept getting a message that all lines where busy. There was not even an option to hold or to leave a message.

Jeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
2,739 Posts
Bronze Member
Jeff replied on Fri, Oct 20 2017 12:49 AM

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE

Revenue is one metric and can be an easily distortable one at that. . How much of that is the residual from Harmon for selling of the rights to automotive, and taking credit for BeoPlay purchaser supplied product sales to distributors who can sell it for peanuts? Learn how to read a balance sheet and a P&L, match it to the % of institutional ownership, and you have a very different picture. Would YOU buy a share of B&O stock?

Outside of the former B&O store employees who have gone out on their own, a pro partner is usually a guy in a truck who went to Cedia and agreed to sell B&O for a lesser margin. In the 1 in a million chance they sell something, they have to order it from Denmark though the dealer network, with no real service network left in the US. 

There probably aren't 1000 high-end hifi storefronts in the entire US, so the pro partners are mostly trunk slammers who will use B&O to downsell what every distributor in the US sells. There are 11 B1 stores in The Americas. That's all you need to know. 

Jeff

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
3,283 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Fri, Oct 20 2017 1:14 AM

Why do you get so argumentative and angry over a couple of facts?

You are very funny!  Thanks for a good laugh.    

Jeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
2,739 Posts
Bronze Member
Jeff replied on Fri, Oct 20 2017 1:47 AM

Razlaw:

Why do you get so argumentative and angry over a couple of facts?

You are very funny!  Thanks for a good laugh.    

Goodness, angry? Me, over a couple of opinions you have? If I were angry I think you'd know it, like with the Incredible Hulk! Stick out tongue

There are serious issues with B&O and their longevity, especially in our country, sticking your head in the sand may make you feel confident and happy, but the correlation with reality is suspect. Time will tell, but I hope your partner experience is everything you hope it will be.

Jeff

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
3,283 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Fri, Oct 20 2017 2:03 AM

Please stop putting words in my mouth. 

All I said was "some good news"  , commented that there are more pro partners now than before, and expressed hope for the future.   Emphasis on the word "hope". Nowhere did I say everything is perfect and the future has no possible problems.

You respond by saying "Learn how to....." So obviously you had to result to a personal attack.

I expressed no opinion of the overall numbers. Merely that revenue is up and that seems to be good news. Obviously any number of things can impact revenue but I do believe up is typically better than down. I have yet to see you point to any specific numbers from the quarterly report, much less numbers that show a deteriorating position. They may be there. They may not. And they may be subject to interpretation. 

Also regardless of the type of store selling B and O, typically more locations for a customer to purchase a product would seem to be better than fewer locations.

So again, please stop putting words in my mouth and attributing opinions to me that I clearly did not express.

Jeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
2,739 Posts
Bronze Member
Jeff replied on Fri, Oct 20 2017 2:18 AM

Well, doesn't take much get you to bow up and see insults where none are intended, bless your little heart Raz. Calm down, it's just a forum on B&O, cripes you act like this is some life and death, sabers at dawn affair of honor! Get a grip man, relax, have a beer, listen to some music, you stress way too much. Wink

Jeff

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
9,917 Posts
Bronze Member

Sorry to say it, Jeff - but your re-action/your posting clearly shows, that you also need a beer or two....and perhaps to listen to some music too.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Barry Santini
Top 150 Contributor
New York
404 Posts
Bronze Member

I attended the grand opening of the former manager of the LI B&O store's new Elite Pro partner store.

Wonderful. All the usual tech support suspects were there: Dave Zapfel, Curtis and Thomas, along with Pat Divver, who runs the area's B&O support/repair facility. They were, to a man, energized beyond words about the latest direction for B&O.

I'm all in!

Barry

svinaik
Top 500 Contributor
165 Posts
Bronze Member
svinaik replied on Fri, Oct 20 2017 12:29 PM

Barry Santini:

I attended the grand opening of the former manager of the LI B&O store's new Elite Pro partner store.

Wonderful. All the usual tech support suspects were there: Dave Zapfel, Curtis and Thomas, along with Pat Divver, who runs the area's B&O support/repair facility. They were, to a man, energized beyond words about the latest direction for B&O.

I'm all in!

Barry

Hi Barry, can you please let me know which store that is. I am heading to New York next week and would like to visit a good B&O store. The one in Boston is just boring and most of the folks are not very technical.

Thanks

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
3,283 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Fri, Oct 20 2017 3:03 PM

Barry Santini:

I'm all in!

Barry

That is great to hear. I hope their energization is well placed and that there is great future for B and O. I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of the Eclipse and will be visiting my dealer to see both it and the Beolab 50.

svinaik
Top 500 Contributor
165 Posts
Bronze Member
svinaik replied on Fri, Oct 20 2017 10:53 PM

Razlaw:
I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of the Eclipse and will be visiting my dealer to see both it and the Beolab 50.

I can tell you about BL 50. Be prepared to be super impressed. I am loving it. Didn't think that it will surpass BL5 in a meaningful way but I was totally wrong. It sounds really smooth like silk. Let us know what you think when you demo.

On the TV, let's compare notes. Not that I disliked the Eclipse but I could not like it either (and particularly at the  asking price). I ended up ordering a Loewe BILD 7 from Europe against all the wise advice of not bringing in a TV with no service in the USA and the voltage difference and what not. When I considered all the options, I really could not land on Eclipse 65 inch at almost $ 17K while I am getting the Loewe 77 inch at that price.

Barry Santini
Top 150 Contributor
New York
404 Posts
Bronze Member

Here's the web link for the new store:

http://northshoresounds.business.site/

B

beojeff
Top 75 Contributor
USA
1,040 Posts
Bronze Member

I tried tech support again today. It's impossible to get through. There's just a message that all lines are busy. B&O tech support is essentially dead.

Page 2 of 3 (40 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS