Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Click here to see Christmas Prizes
Click here to change your Beoworld Account Details

No more dedicated USA technical support!

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 39 Replies | 0 Followers

Tifoso48
Top 500 Contributor
106 Posts
Bronze Member
Tifoso48 posted on Fri, Oct 13 2017 5:12 PM

I really wonder what is going on with B&O in the USA. I just called tech support and ended up talking with someone in Denmark. I asked them what happened to their technical support center in Chicago and I was told it was closed down and all calls now get routed to Denmark.

So now this in addition to closing flagship stores in major markets - it really makes me wonder if B&O is abandoning the USA . I really love the brand but I am starting to lose faith!

All Replies

Keith Saunders
Top 25 Contributor
Little Ann, Hampshire, United Kingdom
5,039 Posts
Founder

Tifoso48:
it really makes me wonder if B&O is abandoning the USA . I really love the brand but I am starting to lose faith!

I don't think it is unique to North America, the situation is similar in the UK.

Regards Keith....

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
11,632 Posts
Founder
Peter replied on Fri, Oct 13 2017 7:36 PM

One could argue that it is sensible as they have a large set up in Struer and most equipment is now made elsewhere. Having the service advice line there is quite logical. Especially as the products now all rely on module replacement.

Peter

Guy
Top 75 Contributor
Bucharest, Romania
1,136 Posts
Gold Member
Guy replied on Fri, Oct 13 2017 7:48 PM

Tifoso48:

I really wonder what is going on with B&O in the USA. I just called tech support and ended up talking with someone in Denmark. I asked them what happened to their technical support center in Chicago and I was told it was closed down and all calls now get routed to Denmark.

So now this in addition to closing flagship stores in major markets - it really makes me wonder if B&O is abandoning the USA . I really love the brand but I am starting to lose faith!

It's probably just as well.  In my experience people in Denmark speak better English than most 'native English' speakers, including North Americans Big Smile

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
9,917 Posts
Bronze Member

Tifoso48:

They are not (!) giving up the USA.

Maybe in the end you guys are better off with service from Struer - you've got the direct line, then!

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

beojeff
Top 75 Contributor
USA
1,040 Posts
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Fri, Oct 13 2017 10:09 PM

My dealer told me about this a couple of days ago. Note that there will only be TWO tech support people in Denmark taking these calls. The dealer said it was due to "budgetary constraints." This truly does make me worry. I tried for over an hour and was unable to get through to the tech support. At least we have BeoWorld!

beojeff
Top 75 Contributor
USA
1,040 Posts
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Fri, Oct 13 2017 10:14 PM

BTW, related to my earlier thread about changes in shipping procedures: it took over 3 weeks and I still had not received my 2nd BeoSound Moment. My dealer was furious with B&O corporate and had no explanation. Fortunately, he took matters into his own hands and overnighted to me the only Moment in stock anywhere in the U.S. I just received it today.

The new shipping delays and now the closure of the U.S. tech support have me very concerned.

linder
Top 75 Contributor
United States
983 Posts
Founder
linder replied on Fri, Oct 13 2017 10:53 PM

Millemissen:

Tifoso48:

They are not (!) giving up the USA.

Maybe in the end you guys are better off with service from Struer - you've got the direct line, then!

MM

MM,  What makes you think B&O is not leaving North America?  There is much more evidence to suggest they are leaving.  At the rate they have been closing stores, it appears they will be gone in less than a year.

linder
Top 75 Contributor
United States
983 Posts
Founder
linder replied on Fri, Oct 13 2017 11:02 PM

I can understand the frustrations of the remaining dealers.  I checked Amazon for the Besound 2.  Amazon not only has it but also has two day delivery.

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
3,283 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Sat, Oct 14 2017 12:26 AM

The good news is that, according to the latest quarterly report, B and O revenue is up, Beoplay revenue is up, North American revenue is up, and over 300 third party dealers have been added in North America.

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
3,283 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Sat, Oct 14 2017 12:26 AM

The good news is that, according to the latest quarterly report, B and O revenue is up, Beoplay revenue is up, North American revenue is up, and over 300 third party dealers have been added in North America.

rxcohen
Top 500 Contributor
New York
175 Posts
Bronze Member

Not so concerned with tech support being out of Denmark, as long as they account for the time difference and have sufficient resources. To be frank in all my time owning B&O I have relied on the dealer for support, or the extensive manuals, or this fourm - i did not even know there was a general number. My bigger concern is the diminishing number of dealers, and the level of knowledge maintained at the dealers. My former dealer (store closed) was quite good in getting the issues resolved. But now with only one store in New York, this may be more problematic. And who knows how long the store will be there - I have walked in and walked by many times, and it is usually empty. 

BV11-55, BS9000, BL1, BL19, Transmitter 1, Beo4, Beocom 6000, BeoTalk1 200, Sennheiser HD600, McIntosh MHA100

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
3,283 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Sat, Oct 14 2017 2:54 AM

The Beointegration site lists the pro partners. 15 or 16 in the New York area.

svinaik
Top 500 Contributor
165 Posts
Bronze Member
svinaik replied on Thu, Oct 19 2017 12:13 PM

Razlaw:

The Beointegration site lists the pro partners. 15 or 16 in the New York area.

Hi Razlaw, Can you please try sending a service request to them to see what happens. I really think that your postings are misguiding people versus helping them solve the issues.

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
3,283 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Thu, Oct 19 2017 1:31 PM

I don't believe I posted one single thing about service. So no, I will not waste my time and B an O 's time with some fabricated service request.

Perhaps you could explain how mentioning the number of locations that sell B and O, as publicly posted on a B and O sites,  as well as quarterly report figures that are publicly available on the B and O site as well as countless other sites, is misguiding about service?

Page 1 of 3 (40 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS