Wireless output for beomaster?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Stump28
Not Ranked
12 Posts
Bronze Member
Stump28 posted on Thu, Oct 12 2017 8:27 PM

hi all, I’m running a Beogram 1000 and beomaster 1000 which I’d like to output to a wireless speaker. Does anyone know if this is a viable option? I know wireless adapters are available however they all seem to connect via rca cable. Has anyone managed or know if an rca option can be converted to the 2 pin din on the beomaster?

All Replies

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 100 Contributor
The cable workshop, Leics, UK
751 Posts
Gold Member

Hi Stump28,

Which model of wireless speaker do you wish to connect please?  We can then suggest a suitable solution (if one exists!)

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Sounds Heavenly are proud to sponsor the BeoWorld forums!

Saint Beogrowler
Top 150 Contributor
Saint Paul, Minnesota
400 Posts
Gold Member

This is what I did once. Cheap line level attenuator with 2 pin din ends to a cheap bluetooth transmitter to bluetooth speakers and headphones. It works but the low quality of the components I used was evident in the sound reproduction.

Peter-

Stump28
Not Ranked
12 Posts
Bronze Member

It’s a Sony srs z7r wireless speaker. Sounds promising that there’s a solution although if the trade off in sound quality I might have to rethink

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 100 Contributor
751 Posts
Gold Member

Hi Stump28

Thanks for this, you can use the Tape output of the Beomaster with any Bluetooth transmitter that supports ad hoc pairing to give a wireless connection without compromising on sound quality.

Please let me know which model of Transmitter you choose and I will be pleased to advise on the cable you need.

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Stump28
Not Ranked
12 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Steve, the model I’d seen and had recommended was the Neet airstream

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 100 Contributor
751 Posts
Gold Member

Hi Stump28,

Neet Airstream (along with Apple Airport Express, Goggle Chromecast Audio and Spotify Gramofon) is a wireless receiver, intended to pick up a wireless signal from a mobile device and be cabled directly to a music system or active speaker.

What you need is a bluetooth transmitter instead, this will need to be one that supports ad hoc (also know as "peer to peer") pairing, ie. one with a "pair" button that doesn't need to have the pairing process initiated by a smart device such as a phone.

I'm not aware of any good quality bluetooth transmitters currently on the market that support this, but maybe other Beoworlders could advise?

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS