Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 24 Replies | 2 Followers

Cardinalsong
Not Ranked
Melbourne, Au
21 Posts
Bronze Member
Cardinalsong posted on Wed, Oct 11 2017 7:59 AM

Hi everyone,

Trying to work out if I’ve got bad luck or others are experiencing the same issues I am.

Picked up a brand new pair of E8 from my dealer that received their first delivery today. After charging them fully I took them for a spin. Noticed immediately the left hand bud would intermittently dip audio for half a second every 30sec or so.

took them for a walk and had continuous, sustained drop outs in both ears every few seconds, then fine for maybe 30sec, then more drop outs.

if anyone lived through the H8 launch in 2015, this feels very, very similar. I’m heartbroken as I really wanted the convenience of wireless buds, but the connectivity is atrocious.

using them with an iPhone 7 and an iPad Pro 10.5” left ear bud drop out in both, full dropping on the 7 only, especially when walking with the phone in my pocket. 

have attempted re-pairing and software updates, no success. 

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Justin9960
Not Ranked
30 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by Justin9960

Sorry guys, just read my above post and it might have seemed a little condescending, it wasn’t meant that way. I bought my own pair today, having been loaned a pair over the weekend last week. At one point I was adamant they had a problem of vocals only coming via the left hand channel (listening to Diana Krall) but normal service was resumed selecting another album. So far so good, fingers crossed 🤞. 😬

All Replies

Justin9960
Not Ranked
30 Posts
Bronze Member

Spent yesterday using iPhone only (including going outside) and all good 😊 

Justin9960
Not Ranked
30 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by Justin9960

Sorry guys, just read my above post and it might have seemed a little condescending, it wasn’t meant that way. I bought my own pair today, having been loaned a pair over the weekend last week. At one point I was adamant they had a problem of vocals only coming via the left hand channel (listening to Diana Krall) but normal service was resumed selecting another album. So far so good, fingers crossed 🤞. 😬

jk1002
Top 200 Contributor
250 Posts
Bronze Member
jk1002 replied on Sun, Oct 29 2017 4:22 PM

Can someone comment on working out with them, doe sit have sweat issues?

also is there a lag with video, it seems others like Bose struggle a lot with that

Roger
Top 200 Contributor
Norway
298 Posts
Bronze Member
Roger replied on Mon, Oct 30 2017 8:03 AM

Are the left/right issues still present after the release of software v5.2.0 for Beoplay E8?

SW released on Oct 26th.

Roger

candidhat
Not Ranked
1 Posts
Bronze Member

I've found that there is a horrible lag with video. The sound is several seconds behind the picture. I'm returning my E8s for that reason. It's a shame, because they're comfortable, look good in your ears and above all - sound brilliant.

I was hoping that the software update on 26th was going to sort it, but alas. Apparently the Bose and the Sony wirefree sets suffer from the same lag. Will just have to wait for the technology to catch up!

speed608
Not Ranked
1 Posts
Bronze Member

I have had exactly the same problem with my E8's  as well , i got these from Dubai and i'm now back in my country that does not have a B&O store so i'm stuck with a dud product now.I have also tried them using an iPhone 7 and iPad pro 10.5" .

Johnno
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Bronze Member

I’m having the same issues. Initially, very wobbly audio connection. Then I upgraded to the 5.2 firmware, and now the buds won’t connect with my phone at all. I get a message saying “Beoplay rejects pairing request”- not something I’ve seen before. The buds are completely useless. I have tried everything - restarting the buds, reinstalling the app, restarting the phone, turning BT on and off, all with the same result. This is very disappointing given how much these things cost.

But when they were working, the sound quality was amazing!

I’ve also recently bought the Bragi Dash Pro, which work really well - connect straight away, good sound, very sophisticated UI, will do many more things than the E8’s.

Johnno
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Bronze Member

I’m having the same issues. Initially, very wobbly audio connection. Then I upgraded to the 5.2 firmware, and now the buds won’t connect with my phone at all. I get a message saying “Beoplay rejects pairing request”- not something I’ve seen before. The buds are completely useless. I have tried everything - restarting the buds, reinstalling the app, restarting the phone, turning BT on and off, all with the same result. This is very disappointing given how much these things cost.

But when they were working, the sound quality was amazing!

I’ve also recently bought the Bragi Dash Pro, which work really well - connect straight away, good sound, very sophisticated UI, will do many more things than the E8’s.

Shane_Guthrie
Not Ranked
1 Posts
Bronze Member
Having bought several B&O products and being very satisfied, I was very much looking forward to the E8. I have and enjoy A9, A2 Active and H5 (for my wife). 
Unfortunately, a dreadful streaming experience with E8. 
I had tested them several times before returning them. When they did work, I was very happy with the sound, and I liked the feel of the earphones and the touch controls. 
I set them up on my phone and watch, and found that when I was exercising, mostly walking and a bit of running, music dropped out many times during each song, and occasionally there was an annoying popping sound when the streaming was broken. 
My phone is iPhone 7 running iOS 11.0.3, and my watch is Apple Watch Series 2 running watch OS 4.0; these were the currently up-to-date versions at the time, mid-October. The watch was tested with 75 per cent battery life, and then at 100 per cent. The phone and earphones started with 100 per cent each. 
To then be sure, I stopped my run, and deleted the Beoplay app from my phone and watch, and deleted the Bluetooth connections from my phone and watch. 
Then I reloaded the Beoplay app and went through the Bluetooth setup again. There was no improvement in performance. When walking with my watch connected to the earphones, playback was interrupted many times during each song. When walking with my phone connected to the earphones, there were fewer dropouts, but still several times during each song. This ruined the exercise experience, which was the primary use-case for having wireless earphones. 
When I was streaming from the watch, if I walked with my hands held behind my head, so that the watch was closer to the earphones, streaming performance improved but it did not eliminate the dropouts. 
On the sofa, sitting still, there were infrequent but noticeable dropouts every few songs. 
I wanted them to work and to be fantastic for exercising.
Back at the store where I purchased them, I tried another set and went for a run; I noticed repeated and frequent dropouts as described for the first pair of E8s. 
The store gave me a full refund. 
jonprocter
Not Ranked
32 Posts
Bronze Member
Just thought I’d post a follow up reply on here. I got a new pair of E8s on Friday (charcoal sand this time - figured that since they weren’t available right away at launch they might be a revised version or something - they did come with firmware v5.2.0 installed out-of-box too so maybe my hunch was right).

Having no problems at all so far. Volume seems to be balanced between the two earphones perfectly, no problems with drop outs when I’m walking and have my phone in my pocket, and there’s 0 lag with video voice sync (I didn’t have the latter two problems with my first pair, but thought it’s worth mentioning seeing how other people were/are having those problems).

So far so good!
Page 2 of 2 (25 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS