Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Click here to change your Beoworld Account Details

B&O and there (not) software updates policy..

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 15 Replies | 2 Followers

jvdl
Top 500 Contributor
Netherlands
125 Posts
Gold Member
jvdl posted on Mon, Sep 11 2017 10:56 PM

I read more and more questions and frustration about the (not) updates of B&O products (think of Avant, BV, Moment, etc.)  which means that there is no or not enough support for certain applications and / or other devices. (you see the same with other brands also: Samsung, LG I think there are in the Netherlands already law suits preparing/going on from consumer organisations)

Some examples:
Avant MK1 no Deezer connection more than an XML parser error
Avant MK1 no Spotify connection more
Avant MK1 no profile for BL50 speakers
latest software update November 2016!

Beosound Moment does not support Deezer High Fidelity lossless

Also from the BV corner I read/hear the same complaints about software updates.
Proberly there ar more productswith those software problems.

It may not be that a brand like B & O will let its buyers stand out by losing any updates, leaving functionality behind.

Buyers have counted down a lot for the B & O equipment, but it's not possible that you simply let these buyers stand in the cold.

I am (unfortunately) not an expert on the question of how B & O might be obliged to issue such software updates, since you may expect that the purchased B & O equipment should be able to function properly for a number of years, what you might expect from your durably purchased equipment.

I think there is even regulation, think of "Sale of Goods Act"

Perhaps this thread can contribute to this, maybe there is someone overhere having a entrance to Struer or they looking sometimes overhere?
John

All Replies

jvdl
Top 500 Contributor
Netherlands
125 Posts
Gold Member
jvdl replied on Wed, Sep 13 2017 6:49 AM

It seems nobody having software problems with his B&O equipment?
I was hoping that more forum users wil place here the problems they have, but proberly none?

zerocool143
Top 500 Contributor
86 Posts
Bronze Member

I have encountered alot of clients complaining about the new products that they have purchased which is not performing based on what they were expected to function. Its hard to see them get frustrated since they buy those products with such a huge amount then it will not work as what it is supposed to be. I feel sad to those customers but I also try to help them to give them work around on how they can utilize there systems.

Sandyb
Top 100 Contributor
693 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Wed, Sep 13 2017 7:44 AM

The Moment is getting Deezer HiFi next month.

jvdl
Top 500 Contributor
Netherlands
125 Posts
Gold Member
jvdl replied on Wed, Sep 13 2017 8:31 AM

On this moment I have a support case at BeoCare about my situation:

Having a Avant 85" (no NG) delivered  07-2016 connected to BL 5 in the fron and BL12-3 for de backsite and the Moment for the music.

No I order the BL50 (delivery wil be september 23th) to replace the BL5, now it seems there is no profile for the BL50 on the Avant!
Also there are problems with Deezer (xml parser error) and Spotify...
Last update Avant was october 2016, after this nu updates anymore.

So we wil see what Beocare is planning todo about this?
For now I get a confirmation from Beocare with the following: "We shall investigate the matter further and revert to you as soon as possible"

So we wil see what kind of answer/solution they wil come with.....

When they do nothing I wil considder to throw out al my B&O equipment and step over to another brand that having decent upgrades and/or support.

Bad thinking after 20 years B&O

seethroughyou
Top 150 Contributor
UK
487 Posts
Bronze Member
What if they never configure the Avant to recognise your BL50. Are you sure you want to progress that order for BL50?
jvdl
Top 500 Contributor
Netherlands
125 Posts
Gold Member
jvdl replied on Wed, Sep 13 2017 9:30 AM

I must be honest!

My B&O dealer Fred Baak in Houten solved the Avant problems together with B&O (this morning) and he recognise the BL50!
Also Deezer is working again.  Done by a software update for my Avant...

So looking forward to the BL50's next week.

Chapeau Fred

andy_js
Top 500 Contributor
Brexit Island
86 Posts
Bronze Member
andy_js replied on Wed, Sep 13 2017 10:36 AM
Does this mean there's an update on the way for the rest of us?
jvdl
Top 500 Contributor
Netherlands
125 Posts
Gold Member
jvdl replied on Wed, Sep 13 2017 10:49 AM

andy_js:
Does this mean there's an update on the way for the rest of us?

I realy don't know, my B&O dealer fixed this......
I have on my Avant 85 now a newer software version.

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
2,536 Posts
Bronze Member

pffft - typical

the deezer issue is annoying and should be pushed to everyone

the work around is that you go in to the smart TV platform and launch deezer there

jvdl
Top 500 Contributor
Netherlands
125 Posts
Gold Member
jvdl replied on Wed, Sep 13 2017 11:54 AM

Aussie Michael:

pffft - typical

the deezer issue is annoying and should be pushed to everyone

the work around is that you go in to the smart TV platform and launch deezer there

Can be typical but works for my Avant.
Point is that it can be solved by (proberly) your dealer or maybe direct by Beocare?

Zwets
Top 500 Contributor
108 Posts
Bronze Member
Zwets replied on Fri, Sep 29 2017 1:39 PM

I would be intereset in this software update too. My BV11 has the issue too when selecting Deezer directly. Any chance you can ask Fred what was done?

BeoMegaMan
Top 150 Contributor
528 Posts
Bronze Member

Below is a SW update that has started to push to OG chassis TV's. Most of your wishes have been taken care of :)

--

A list of new and useful functions and improvements will be introduced with a software update release for BeoVision Avant, BeoVision 11, BeoPlay V1 and BeoSystem 4 (TVs based on the VE 1.x TV platform)
The roll out of the new software will be managed as a market sequential launch taking place as from Wednesday 27 September until middle of October.

Spotify Connect support (TV and BeoSound Essence/Core in a shared speaker setup)
By connecting BeoSound Core or BeoSound Essence box as PRODUCT 1 or PRODUCT 2, you will be able to enjoy your Spotify music service via the TV speakers. 

Network link setup menu in BeoVision

The daily operation is controlled via the Bang & Olufsen or Spotify app, where you select the BeoSound Core or Essence as product, and the sound is played via the TV speakers.

Because of Spotify has stopped supporting the TV app, the embedded Spotify TV app will be removed from the Smart TV and source LIST.

Direct source selection of Deezer 
Direct source selection of Deezer via the BeoRemote One has been reestablish. 
Please note, that start-up time of the Deezer app may require a bit of patience. Furthermore, when choosing “popular” it may take approx. 3 minutes to get the overview of music.

Added support of BeoLab 90 / 50 / BeoSound Shape
BeoLab 90 / 50 / BeoSound Shape is now part of the speaker setup possibility

When connecting BeoLab 50/90 speakers and the TV is connected via a cabled LAN connection, it's important that you change the Network Link delay "wired" to 200 ms (Customer Service Menu) if this is not done you will experience that the sound is missing.

(This is only an issue if the TV is connected via LAN or the Network Link delay setting has been changed from the default value). 

Ah, you know... A little B&O here, a little there 

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
2,536 Posts
Bronze Member

Ok

Thank you for this post.  Would be good to read that the update is imminent.

So its an update nearly 1 year to the date.  

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
2,536 Posts
Bronze Member

An update is also imminent for the moment going from the Support Pages of B&O

Well done Moment team :-)

https://support.bang-olufsen.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002963625-Software-updates 

Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS