Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Click here to tell us about your new email address

Beovox 3000 type 6220 rubber surround kit?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Beo_Jean
Top 500 Contributor
QC, Canada
51 Posts
Bronze Member
Beo_Jean posted on Sat, Jul 1 2017 2:29 PM

Hi everyone!

I would like to know if a surround repair kit exist for the 10" woofers for those speakers?

The rubber cracked on mine and need new rubber surrounds but can't find anywhere the same size.

Are they worth saving BTW??

If anyone knows the answer would be appreciated.

Thank you!

All Replies

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
9,421 Posts
Founder

It's a bit unusual to see these woofers with bad rubber surrounds.
I cannot help thinking if they had some unhealthy treatment at some point.

I could probably find a good pair of original woofers in the dungeons - but I don't dare think of the postage cost.

Martin

Beo_Jean
Top 500 Contributor
QC, Canada
51 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks for answering Martin,

I don't know if the speakers were beaten but other than the cracks, they seem and sound fine.  The cracks started where you have the vulcanized notches surrounding the outer side.  So I either find a surrounding repair kit or replace the woofers.

But  before investing money on them, I have a couple of questions if you don't mind answering

- Do you still have the Peerless you're advertising on Bonanza?  PM me the price if you still have them.

- Would you match these with a 1967 Beolab 5000 freshly restored?  I think the amp might be a little over powered but who would use an amp to its max rating?

I would like to keep them and have the entire system from the same era.

Thanks!

Dillen:

It's a bit unusual to see these woofers with bad rubber surrounds.
I cannot help thinking if they had some unhealthy treatment at some point.

I could probably find a good pair of original woofers in the dungeons - but I don't dare think of the postage cost.

Martin

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
9,421 Posts
Founder

I would always look for the original part for any B&O speaker.
The drivers are for the most part custom produced for B&O and replacing with anything but the original
thing rarely provides good results. Even modern drivers won't work very well, really.
The T/S parameters will show why - and it's often because B&Os cabinets have a fairly low
physical volume, requiring some unusual specs of the drivers.

Martin

Beo_Jean
Top 500 Contributor
QC, Canada
51 Posts
Bronze Member

Don't get me wrong, I never had the intent to replace the originals with something else.

I could see on your advertising the exact same speakers but it was probably an old add since I do not see them anymore.

But I'm still unsure if they are worth saving to match with the 1967 Beolab 5000...??

Thank you! 

Dillen:

I would always look for the original part for any B&O speaker.
The drivers are for the most part custom produced for B&O and replacing with anything but the original
thing rarely provides good results. Even modern drivers won't work very well, really.
The T/S parameters will show why - and it's often because B&Os cabinets have a fairly low
physical volume, requiring some unusual specs of the drivers.

Martin

Beo_Jean
Top 500 Contributor
QC, Canada
51 Posts
Bronze Member

If anyone is looking after a rubber repair kit for the Beovox 3000 Type 6220 woofer,

The only place I could find it was at QSR  (Queensland Speaker Repair)  https://qsr.net.au

And the part number is RS 222-183

Regards,

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS