BEOVISION MX4000. Tuning problem

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Mand2312
Not Ranked
1 Posts
Bronze Member
Mand2312 posted on Sat, May 6 2017 2:24 PM

I have a BEOVISION MX4000 TV. Purchased from new 2004.  For as long as I remember it has run really well connected to a DVD player. The DVD player is now being used elsewhere. I thought I could use the MX4000 as a stand alone TV but can't get tuned in. Just a snowstorm althought the menu boxes are appearing and I have followed all instructions.  Should it work as a stand alone TV? I am not technical!

All Replies

solderon29
Top 200 Contributor
U.K.West Midlands
276 Posts
Gold Member

This super telly is for use with analogue broadcasts,which of course have now ceased.

However,it can be used with digital sources such as dvd player's,games consoles etc as you have been doing.If you need to get normal tv broadcasts via this tv,you will need a "digibox" such as Sky,Virgin media,Freeview/Freesat etc.

Additionally,many enthusiasts (beonutter's like me!)use one(or several?) of these TV's around the house in a B&O link system,whereby you can in fact "tune" them in to an analogue signal that is created by a device that converts the output from a digibox,say in the main room.

If you have no further use for the set,you could dispose of it via eg Freegle,and advise the recipient that a digibox etc is required.It will be quickly snapped up by someone!

Regards,

Nick

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS