rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 2 verified answers | 9 Replies | 0 Followers

KungFuKenny
Not Ranked
5 Posts
Bronze Member
KungFuKenny posted on Wed, Apr 19 2017 10:33 PM

Hello,

I am trying to learn more about Beocoms and such, I am just going to jump straight into the questions.

Regarding Beocoms

1. Do Beocoms such as Beocom 500, 600, 1000, etc have some kind of reset code or some way to delete numbers that are stored already? I have not been able to find manuals for any of these phones.

2. How do you reset a beocom 6000 mk2? I know that you are able to do it with a code on the mk1, but I have not been able to find anything about the mk2.

3. Since eBay batteries are often not worth the time and original batteries are pretty expensive, I was thinking if it would be possible to create your own? I was thinking about buying these and make a batterypack with them. Now I do realise it might not be this simple of course, so I was looking for feedback as to if something like this would be possible with the right batteries?

Regarding Beotalk

I bought a Beotalk 1100 and I have no manual for it, can anyone help me with this?

Thank you!

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Langleyav
Top 500 Contributor
Windsor UK
200 Posts
Silver Member
Verified by Langleyav

Manuals for the Beotalk1100 and 1200 are available on site to Gold and Silver members,

Why not upgrade your membership?

Ron

Keith Saunders
Top 25 Contributor
Little Ann, Hampshire, United Kingdom
4,842 Posts
Founder
Verified by KungFuKenny

In answer to your first two questions they are:-

1. If you leave the Beocom 500 & 600 phone line disconnected for a period of time the stored numbers will be deleted or you can just overwrite them with a no number. In the Beocom 1000 if you remove the battery for about an hour the numbers will be erased.
  2. On a Beocom 6000 Mark 2 enter 9#9#9* then INT button and you will see "Software Version" in the screen. Turn the dial and the following:-
  • Hardware Software Version
  • Base Station Software Version
  • Serial Number
  • Production Date
  • IPEI Number
  • Reset Handset
  • Reset Base
  • CLIP Name on/Off
  • Keyboard Check

Regards Keith....

All Replies

Langleyav
Top 500 Contributor
Windsor UK
200 Posts
Silver Member
Verified by Langleyav

Manuals for the Beotalk1100 and 1200 are available on site to Gold and Silver members,

Why not upgrade your membership?

Ron

Keith Saunders
Top 25 Contributor
4,842 Posts
Founder
Verified by KungFuKenny

In answer to your first two questions they are:-

1. If you leave the Beocom 500 & 600 phone line disconnected for a period of time the stored numbers will be deleted or you can just overwrite them with a no number. In the Beocom 1000 if you remove the battery for about an hour the numbers will be erased.
  2. On a Beocom 6000 Mark 2 enter 9#9#9* then INT button and you will see "Software Version" in the screen. Turn the dial and the following:-
  • Hardware Software Version
  • Base Station Software Version
  • Serial Number
  • Production Date
  • IPEI Number
  • Reset Handset
  • Reset Base
  • CLIP Name on/Off
  • Keyboard Check

Regards Keith....

KungFuKenny
Not Ranked
5 Posts
Bronze Member

I might look into it, do they have all manuals for B&O products on here?

Alexander

KungFuKenny
Not Ranked
5 Posts
Bronze Member

Ahh, thank you very much Keith!

Hopefully someone can tell me about the battery thing too..

Keith Saunders
Top 25 Contributor
4,842 Posts
Founder

KungFuKenny:
Hopefully someone can tell me about the battery thing too..

The battery is a very critical component of the Beocom 6000 phone because of various factors including:-

• Battery voltage under load
  • Impedance as seen by the phone
  • Need to be 720mAh
  • The power supply is not regulated.

The key requirement is their MaH (Milli-amp hour) rating which because the Beocom 6000 power adapter is not a regulated power supply means it will often not charge correctly, therefore the phone does not work more often than not.

You should use only Sanyo Ni-MH batteries model number 3HR-AAAU as replacements in your Beocom 6000 unless you want problems often of an intermittent nature. These batteries are 3.6 volts made up with three 1.2 volt cells made up with a three wire connection.

Regards Keith....

KungFuKenny
Not Ranked
5 Posts
Bronze Member

Hmm I see.. I was thinking any reputable brand with the right specs might be good enough, though if you have a link as to where to get the Sanyo ones, it would be much appreciated. Are you also not sure they are 3.6v? On my other batteries for the Beocom 6000 they say 3.6v atleast. I know Beocom 4 is 2.4v though

Since I have alot of old beocom batteries laying around, I was thinking I could copy their wire setup and rig it together with something like this. I also have a scrap beocom and charger that I could try it on. Any thoughts?

Alexander

Keith Saunders
Top 25 Contributor
4,842 Posts
Founder

KungFuKenny:
On my other batteries for the Beocom 6000 they say 3.6v atleast. I know Beocom 4 is 2.4v though

You are correct, it is 3.6 volts, I was thinking of the Beo5/6 batteries as I wrote the post, apologies..

Regards Keith....

Keith Saunders
Top 25 Contributor
4,842 Posts
Founder

KungFuKenny:

Since I have alot of old beocom batteries laying around, I was thinking I could copy their wire setup and rig it together with something like this. I also have a scrap beocom and charger that I could try it on. Any thoughts?

There is no harm trying it. I suggest you connect a known good battery to a B&O charger with an amp meter connected in series and measure the current when charging. You will need to get a very similar reading with other batteries.

Regards Keith....

KungFuKenny
Not Ranked
5 Posts
Bronze Member

That's a good idea yeah!  I might try with a Beocom 4 battery first since it is only a 2 wire connection. Thanks for the help!

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS